|May uses her strong set of unique mobility tools to weave around the opponent and play an effective runaway strategy.|
How to Read Frame Data
- A quantification of how a character's health bar is reduced when they are hit.
- The act of defending against incoming attacks. Guarding either negates the damage from an attack entirely or reduces it to minor chip damage.
- Guarded against while crouching
- Guarded against in either the crouching or standing state, but not while airborne
- Guarded against in the standing state
- Guarded against while crouching, standing, or while airborne
- Cannot be guarded against, but only applies to grounded opponents
- Cannot be guarded against
- The time before an attack is active including the first active frame. For example, an attack with 10F startup means the attack will do nothing for 9 frames, then hit the opponent on the 10th frame.
- The active frames of an attack refers to the amount of time an attack can hit the opponent.
- The recovery of an attack refers to the amount of time an attacker must wait before he may perform another action, even blocking.
- A measure of frame advantage when the opponent blocks an attack. Positive values indicate that the attacker can act first. Negative values indicate that the defender can act first.
- A measure of frame advantage when the opponent is hit by an attack. Positive values indicate that the attacker can act first. Negative values indicate that the defender can act first.
- Short for InvulnerabilityA state where a character cannot be hit. A common component of reversal moves.
|16||Low||8||12||17||-21||-9||8~11, 24~27 Strike|
- Turns May's entire body into a hitbox for a few frames while removing her hurtboxes
|FATAL||All||12||18||11||N/A||N/A||Above Knees 1~11, 15~40|
|Aqua Rolling||17||All||16||max 19||2 on whiff, 77 on hit||-65||-63||none|
|Aqua Rolling Level 2||21,12,11,9,9||All||16||max 19||5 on whiff,61 on hit||-56||-47||none|
|Aqua Rolling Level 3||31,18,16,13,13||All||16||max 19||13 on whiff,56 on hit||-55||-33||none|
A forward advancing, airborne roll which floats May far away from the opponent on hit. May is wrapped inside of one giant hitbox during the active portion of the move making it difficult to contest. No whiff recovery, making this a potential mobility tool due to the area it covers in very little time. However, its high recovery on hit combined with the fact that you can tech it immediately make it extremely minus on hit, so this is risky and mostly a gimmick.
The level 2 version has an extra hitbox on the dolphin giving it a tiny bit of extra range in addition to extra damage. A bit less minus on hit than the Level 1 version.The level 3 version, oddly enough, does not gain an extra hitbox like the level 2 version does. Instead it deal ludicrous damage. Even less minus on hit than the Level 2 Version.
Crescent Aqua Rolling
|Crescent Aqua Rolling||17||All||16||max 40||0 on whiff,43 on hit||-35||-27||none|
|Crescent Aqua Rolling Level 2||21||All||16||max 40||0 on whiff,43 on hit||-35||-29||none|
|Crescent Aqua Rolling Level 3||31||All||16||max 40||0 on whiff,43 on hit||-35||+8||none|
Like Aqua Rolling, except this one goes upwards at an angle instead of straight forward. Identical animation and hitbox with 236S for all versions. Not in the in-game move list, for some reason, so we had to make our own name for it.
No whiff recovery on any version makes this another gimmick mobility tool, though it is plagued by the same issue of being minus on hit as the original Aqua Rolling.
The level 2 version has an extra hitbox on the dolphin giving it a tiny bit of extra range in addition to extra damage. Only has 1 hit, so it doesn't deal the damage Aqua Rolling 2 can.The level 3 version, oddly enough, does not gain an extra hitbox like the level 2 version does. Only has 1 hit, so it doesn't deal the damage Aqua Rolling 3 can.
- 1f startup makes this May's fastest abare option
- Can perform up to two additional rolls by tapping any direction and S; May will travel in the direction you tapped
- Data shown in the brackets is for first roll; consecutive rolls are single-hit, do 17 damage, become active on 28f after being inputted, are active for 44f, and have 0f recovery
- Reflects projectiles while May is spinning the anchor
Spawns a dolphin projectile that does very little damage and basically no hitstun. Its weird angle could hypothetically make it solid for controlling airspace, but the projectile takes some time to set up and is very non-threatening while active, limiting its utility.Actually has 63 active frames. The reason this wiki only lists 62 is that the 63rd active frame is actually entirely underneath the screen, making it impossible for it to hit anyone.
|Gentle Mist Finer||3xN||All||N/A||indefinite||27||N/A||N/A||none|
- Reflects projectiles while active
- While mashing, the opponent is pushed away from May at all times
- Gargantuan window in between first and second hit on both hit and block, during which opponents can tech out and airdash away from the second hit
- First hit whiffs on crouchers