Bedman is a tricky and versatile character who thrives when he can engage his opponent on his own terms with backup from his unique Deja-Vu mechanic. Whenever Bedman does a special move he leaves a seal on the stage which can be used to create shadowy duplicates that mimic the special move that created them. These can be used for zoning or lockdown with terrifying effectiveness but can be destroyed by his opponent's attacks.
His variety of movement options, solid normals and boomerang-style projectile gives Bedman the ability to play evasive until he can set up Deja-Vu and take control of the match, but if he's caught off guard his defensive options are limited. Even when he's on offense, without backup from Deja-Vu his rushdown is much less dangerous.
Overall, he's a character that wants to frustrate his opponents until he can find an opening to exploit.
- Many ways to control space and threaten opponents thanks to his 2H/3H, Task A projectile, and Deja Vu Seals
- Has great air normals for every need
- Fantastic anti-air 6P
- Versatile and tricky movement, especially in the air
- Tied with Potemkin for highest base defense modifier
- Has a rewarding throw game that is supported by his fast walk speed
- Very dangerous mix-ups and has very elaborate and tricky set-ups
- Has a decent reversal super as it has slow startup but is + on block
- Forward dash parry can be used especially to disrupt opponents' projectile game
- No meterless reversal options
- Limited neutral and pressure if he cannot get Deja Vu seals out
- Air movement is not fast
- Large and wide hitbox
- Due to being a big and a slow character with poor reversal options Bedman really struggles against tight, oppressive rushdown and pressure in the corner