Leo is one of the three “Allied Kings” of the Allied Kingdom of Illyria. He is a long time acquaintance and rival to Ky Kiske; and they fought together during the Crusades. In battle, his combat capabilities and leadership are said to be rather outstanding, something that he prides himself in. Due to his disorderly way of speaking, he might seem like an open-hearted man, but he’s actually rather conservative. He's proud and a sore loser, but he's also a hard worker, always willing to put in a little more effort. He created his very own dictionary, and privately enjoys adding people and incidents to the definitions of existing words. (For example, his sister's name is recorded under "devil.")
Leo Whitefang's moveset revolves around close-ranged pressure and his unique Brynhildr stance, where he turns his back on the enemy. In this stance, Leo loses the ability to guard or jump normally, and all of Leo's normal attacks are changed.
- High damage
- High defense
- Can crank RISC gauge easily
- Beastly up-close pressure game
- Plethora of throw invulnerable moves that make attempting a defensive throw against Leo very risky
- Has two excellent tension free reversals(fast and low invul or slow and high invul) that beat crossups
- All BnB combos also knockdown or lead into advantageous Brynhildr Stance, so picking between damage or knockdown is never an issue
- Poor movement options
- One of the weakest characters at mid-far range
- Practically no zoning tools
- Relies heavily on Brynhildr stance and close range pressure
- Many of his best offensive tools can be interrupted on reaction or on a guess.