- Tall hitbox that reaches all the way to the floor
- Invulnerable above the knees from frames 1 to 23
- Opponent wall bounces on hit, if possible
- Counter Hit: untechable after wall bounce
Slayer's 6P is one of the most feared moves in XRD because of its powerful Counter Hit potential. Very few moves are able to hit Slayer during 6P active frames and very few moves are able to avoid 6P's tall hitbox. Additionally, a good conversion from Counter Hit 6P gives Slayer a high amount of Tension and puts his opponent in the corner.
6P can be effective for oki in the corner. Depending on your timing, 6P can catch backdashes, avoid or beat reversals, or end with frame advantage. Sometimes you can simply do Under Pressure then 6P to get the desired effect.
The opponent will not always wall bounce on hit. If you are too close when 6P hits or the wall is too far (such as when you are in the corner), the opponent will reach the ground without bouncing.
Note that 6P's “above the knees” invulnerability is literally above Slayer's knees: Slayer's knees are only completely lowered near the end of startup frames. When speed is important, try 5P instead.
Experienced players usually avoid challenging 6P until it enters recovery and loses invulnerability. You should still keep in mind which moves will safely punish 6P and which moves will trade. General rules: *During active frames, 6P will trade with almost any Low, often ending in Slayer's favor.
- Slightly before active frames, 6P can almost be treated as low profile and will lose to fast Lows and low-reaching air normals.
- During earlier startup frames, 6P will avoid some Mids but not Lows.
Only combos if opponent bounces. A decent way to get knockdown but can be difficult to confirm that the opponent bounces. A late confirm will whiff or OTG and allow the opponent to punish.
- (Counter Hit, midscreen only) 6P > K Dandy Step > Pilebunker
Simple Counter Hit confirm. If 6P hits the opponent near round start positions, you will get the wallstick from Pilebunker.
- (Counter Hit, midscreen only) 6P > K Dandy Step > pause > Crosswise Heel
Standard Counter Hit confirm when the wall is too far for Pilebunker wallstick.
- (Corner only) 6P > c.S > f.S > j.SKD
Only combos when close to the wall, otherwise you will get 6P > f.S, which does not combo. Depending on how and when 6P hits, f.S can whiff on lighter characters.
- (Corner only) 6P > 2P > 2S > j.KD
Combos at further distances compared to the above c.S > f.S combo. 2P will need to be delayed if the opponent was airborne, such as after jump or backdash.
- (Counter Hit, corner only) 6P > 6P > 5H > j.SHD
Counter Hit corner confirm. Much easier if you skip the second 6P.