- 1 Overview
- 2 Normal Moves
- 3 Drive Moves
- 4 Universal Mechanics
- 5 Special Moves
- 6 Distortion Drives
- 7 Exceed Accel
- 8 Astral Heat
- 9 External References
- 10 Navigation
Azrael is a member of Sector Seven who spends most of his time moving from one battle to the next in search of a strong opponent. He is entirely obsessed with using his own raw power to fight, and has never used a weapon. However, due to his super-human strength, he can't go all out in battle; thus, he has imposed a limiter of some sort on himself.
Azrael is a big, heavy-hitting offensive character. He has to effectively use his teleport dashes to get around the screen, and try to get in on the opponent. Once in he has to use his pokes and various specials to get a combo that usually ends with a "weakpoint" attack. Azrael's unique Drive is the ability to apply weakpoints, which can lead to big damage.
Drive: The Terror
Azrael's Drive attacks reveal weakpoints when they hit the opponent. Weakpoints are active for 1000F (roughly 17 seconds) before disappearing if not used.
- Upper Weakpoint Moves: 5D / 6D / j.D / 236D
- Lower Weakpoint Moves: 2D / 3D / j.2D / 214D
These moves gain new properties when you hit the corresponding weakpoint. This consumes the weakpoint, but you can re-apply it in the same combo. Of course, the moves apply the same weakpoints that they get the additional properties from. All regular ground Drives can potentially be followed up on CH without weakpoint. Hornet (and possibly Valiant), can be followed up on CH with a regular-style combo, and you can use the weakpoint earned within that very same combo. Each Drive's "weakpoint version" has repeat proration.
The properties the moves gain:
- 5D – Staggers, can go into 5B>~ for a combo.
- 2D - Knockdown, which can be followed up with 2A>5A>5B to aerial.
- 6D - Bounces, goes into 5B>TCL,etc.
- 3D - Bounces, Goes into 5B>~.
- j.D / j.2D - Ground bounces the opponent into the air to follow-up with a combo, staggers on ground hit. j.D is used rarely out of the corner, as the ground bounce knocks them away. While possible, it is hard to follow up in most cases.
- 236D (Valiant Crash) - Knocks the opponent away, enabling Valiant Charger. Can repeat (6>5C) multiple times for insane corner carry, or various other attacks in the corner.
- 214D (Hornet Bunker) – Sort of like Guilty Gear's Dust. Enables Hornet Chaser to be used, followed up with aerial combos.
- 236236D (Black Hawk Stinger) - Can't be blocked high with UW, or low with LW. Unblockable with both but can be Barrier blocked if in the air.
Overdrive: Mind Colosseo
- Azrael's Drive attacks now reveal weakpoints even on block.
- Azrael can now special-cancel his Drive normals.
- Weakpoints are not used up when you hit the opponent with weakpoint moves, allowing Azrael to use each of his Drive attacks in the same combo for big damage.
- Weakpoints do not disappear over time like they normally would as long as OD is active.
All of Azrael's Drive moves have Same Move proration if used more than once in a given combo. Weakpoint and non-weakpoint versions are counted separately.
B+C in Mid-Air
6A+B during blockstun w/50%
6C during Tiger Magnum
6C during Cobra Spike
236B (After absorbing projectile with Growler Field)
214C (or 22C on downed opponent)
Press 6 during Valiant Crash w/ upper weakpoint applied
Press  during Hornet Bunker w/ lower weakpoint applied
Black Hawk Stinger
|Black Hawk Stinger
ABCD during Overdrive
|To edit frame data, edit values in BBCF/Azrael/Data. Be sure to update both the |