Combo Rate: 60%
Jump Startup: 5
Backdash Time 28 / Invul: 1-20
Forward Dash Time 20 / Invul: 7-10
- 1 Overview
- 2 Normal Moves
- 3 Drive Moves
- 4 Universal Mechanics
- 5 Special Moves
- 6 Distortion Drives
- 7 Exceed Accel
- 8 Astral Heat
- 9 External References
Azrael is a member of Sector Seven who spends most of his time moving from one battle to the next in search of a strong opponent. He is entirely obsessed with using his own raw power to fight, and has never used a weapon. However, due to his super-human strength, he can't go all out in battle; thus, he has imposed a limiter of some sort on himself.
Azrael is a big, heavy-hitting offensive character. He has to effectively use his teleport dashes to get around the screen, and try to get in on the opponent. Once in he has to use his pokes and various specials to get a combo that usually ends with a "weakpoint" attack. Azrael's unique Drive is the ability to apply weakpoints, which can lead to big damage.
Drive: The Terror
Azrael's Drive attacks reveal weakpoints when they hit the opponent. Weakpoints are active for 1000F (roughly 17 seconds) before disappearing if not used.
- Upper Weakpoint Moves: 5D / 6D / j.D / 236D
- Lower Weakpoint Moves: 2D / 3D / j.2D / 214D
These moves gain new properties when you hit the corresponding weakpoint. This consumes the weakpoint, but you can re-apply it in the same combo. Of course, the moves apply the same weakpoints that they get the additional properties from. All regular ground Drives can potentially be followed up on CH without weakpoint. Hornet (and possibly Valiant), can be followed up on CH with a regular-style combo, and you can use the weakpoint earned within that very same combo. Each Drive's "weakpoint version" has repeat proration.
The properties the moves gain:
- 5D – Staggers, can go into 5B>~ for a combo.
- 2D - Knockdown, which can be followed up with 2A>5A>5B to aerial.
- 6D - Bounces, goes into 5B>TCL,etc.
- 3D - Bounces, Goes into 5B>~.
- j.D / j.2D - Ground bounces the opponent into the air to follow-up with a combo, staggers on ground hit. j.D is used rarely out of the corner, as the ground bounce knocks them away. While possible, it is hard to follow up in most cases.
- 236D (Valiant Crash) - Knocks the opponent away, enabling Valiant Charger. Can repeat (6>5C) multiple times for insane corner carry, or various other attacks in the corner.
- 214D (Hornet Bunker) – Sort of like Guilty Gear's Dust. Enables Hornet Chaser to be used, followed up with aerial combos.
- 236236D (Black Hawk Stinger) - Can't be blocked high with UW, or low with LW. Unblockable with both but can be Barrier blocked if in the air.
Overdrive: Mind Colosseo
Azrael's Drive attacks now reveal weakpoints even on block. Weakpoints are not used up when you hit the opponent with weakpoint moves. Weakpoints do not disappear over time like they normally would as long as OD is active. Black Hawk Stinger and Scud Punishment are enhanced. You can use each of Azrael's Drive attacks in the same combo for big damage. On top of that, Azrael can now special-cancel his Drive normals.
All of Azrael's Drive moves have Same Move proration if used more than once in a given combo. Weakpoint and non-weakpoint versions are counted separately.
| Forward Throw
| Back Throw
| Air Throw
B+C in Mid-Air
| Counter Assault
6A+B during blockstun w/50%
| Crush Trigger
| Gustaf Buster
| Tiger Magnum
| Cobra Strike
6C during Tiger Magnum
| Leopard Launcher
6C during Cobra Strike
| Growler Field
| Phalanx Cannon
236B (After absorbing projectile with Growler Field)
| Sentinel Dump
214C (or 22C on downed opponent)
| Panzer Strike
| Valiant Crash
| Valiant Charger
Press  during Valiant Crash w/ upper weakpoint applied
| Hornet Bunker
| Hornet Chaser
Press  during Hornet Bunker w/ lower weakpoint applied
Black Hawk Stinger
| Black Hawk Stinger
| Scud Punishment
| Full Spartan
ABCD during Overdrive
| Patriot Apocalypse