Movement Options: Double Jump, 1 Airdash, Dash type: Run
- 1 Overview
- 2 Normal Moves
- 3 Drive Moves
- 4 Universal Mechanics
- 5 Special Moves
- 6 Distortion Drives
- 7 Exceed Accel
- 8 Astral Heat
- 9 External References
Jin is a Major in the NOL and one of its elite commanding officers. While known for his cool and calm demeanor, he is also jealous, ambitious, and possessive with little care for others, treating them like they are mere obstacles. He displayed formidable combat prowess during the Ikaruga Civil War, which earned him his rank as Major and the title "Hero of Ikagura." When he heard that Ragna the Bloodedge was on the move, he quickly abandoned his post to hunt him down by himself.
Frostbite enables Jin to freeze his opponents, allowing for extended combos and unconventional reset opportunities.
Moves that can freeze have two additional values: Freeze Count and Freeze Duration
- Freeze Count: Determines the number of times that an opponent may be frozen in a single combo. Jin's normal Drive attacks have Freeze Count 1 so they can only be the first Freeze in a combo, else they just do regular hitstun. However, EX Specials (214D, 236D, 623D, etc.) have very high Freeze Counts (10) effectively ignoring the Freeze Count limit.
- Freeze Duration: This value determines how long the opponent will be frozen in place after being hit by a move that freezes. Freeze Duration is not affected by hitstun decay or bonus hitstun from a Fatal Counter starter; in other words, Freeze Duration is a constant value.
- Additional Freeze Details
- If an opponent is crouching or airborne when frozen, they will be forced into a standing state. This makes freeze useful for setting up resets.
- If an attack hits Jin while the opponent is frozen, the opponent will recover from the freeze effect immediately.
- Opponents will automatically break free from the freeze effect if they are hit by a non-freezing attack, if Jin goes over the Freeze Count limit, and after the Freeze Duration expires.
Jin has access to a set of special moves that consume 25% Heat, similar to Force Breaks from Guilty Gear AC, EX attacks from Street Fighter 4, and SB Skills from Persona 4 Arena.
- All of Jin's EX Specials freeze the opponent and have Freeze Count 10, effectively ignoring the Freeze Count limit.
- If Jin attempts an attack that requires 25% Heat without sufficient meter, the non-EX version will be done instead (for example, inputting 623D with 10 Heat will cause Jin to perform 623C).
- All EX Specials trigger Heat cooldown for 180 frames upon use.
Overdrive: Frost End
Frost End is Jin's Overdrive. During Overdrive, all of Jin's sword normals and specials freeze the opponent; the Freeze Count limit for Jin's normal Drive attacks is altered; and Jin's EX specials gain additional properties (ground bounce, wall bounce, etc.).
- Sword normals (5C, 2C, 3C, 6C, j.C, j.2C) will now freeze the opponent and have a Freeze Count limit of 3.
- Normal Drives (5D, 2D, 6D, j.D) gain an extended Freeze Count limit of 3.
- Special moves will now freeze the opponent and have a Freeze Count limit of 5.
- Normal Drives (5D, 2D, 6D, j.D) gain more frame advantage and freeze for a longer period of time.
- EX Specials gain additional properties: 214D~C wall bounces, j.214D ground bounces, 22C~D deals more hits and additional damage, and 623D(2) wallbounces the opponent.
- EX Specials lose their 180F cooldown period.
Because of these new properties, Jin can use Overdrive to either do lots of unburstable damage like most characters, or to go for resets using Freeze.
- Data in [ ] refers to Jin in Overdrive.
236D (air OK)
| Musou Tousshugeki
236A, air OK
| Musou Senshouzan
| Sekkajin Followup
| Touga Hyojin
| Hiyoku Getsumei
632146D air OK
| Gekka Hyourou
ABCD during Overdrive
| Rengoku Hyouya