Movement Options: Double Jump, 1 Air Dash, Short Jump, Dash type: Run
- 1 Overview
- 2 Normal Moves
- 3 Drive Moves
- 4 Upgraded Drive Moves
- 5 Universal Mechanics
- 6 Specials
- 7 Distortion Drives
- 8 Exceed Accel
- 9 Astral Heat
- 10 External References
- 11 Navigation
Mitsuyoshi, also known as One-Eyed Twin Lotus, and more famously as Jūbei (both names being taken from the historical Yagyū 'Jūbei/Jūbē' Mitsuyoshi), is one of the Six Heroes, as well as Konoe's husband and Kokonoe's father. He battled the Black Beast alongside Hakumen, and is known as “the strongest being on the planet”;such was his fame that, through genetic engineering, he is also the progenitor of the Kaka race. He appears as a DLC playable character in BlazBlue: Central Fiction.
- Similar to Taokaka's drive, Jubei performs a fast dash at his opponent and slashes them on the way past. This attack will always place Jubei on the opposite side of his opponent on a successful hit.
- Hitting with a drive marks his opponent with a black crosshair for a few seconds, known as the Shiranui Mark, causing his Distortion drives to teleport behind his opponent before starting the attack, and dealing bonus damage.
Upgraded Drive: Shiranui Hagane
- After activating Fudō: Sharenjin, Jubei's drive is replaced with this upgraded version.
- Pressing D in this state will put Jubei in a state where he hovers in place briefly.
- Pressing a direction and one of the attack buttons in this state will lay out 4 waypoint markers in a pattern based on the direction and button you pressed. Jubei will then perform a teleport dash attack between each one in order.
- Since it can cross up and offers excellent mobility, enabling this upgraded drive as soon as possible is a common tactic for Jubei players.
- This install is a one-off trade per round: once activated, it cannot be deactivated and never expires. Experienced Jubei players should weigh the costs of giving up Jubei's default Drive, which has its own advantages.
Overdrive: Rakan: Gorinkō
- Drive moves gain faster startup.
- Single-use limit on installed Drive attacks removed for Overdrive duration.
- Unupgraded drives trigger the second hit on block as well as hit, making them safe at neutral and adding the Shiranui Mark.
- Improved damage to Distortion Drives in line with other characters.
Unique Ability: Being small
- More than just a joke, Jubei's small size means that the game considers him to be in a crouching state even while standing for certain interactions.
- This means all standing hits against him are considered crouching hits, thus incurring an additional three frames of hitstun. (universal change in CF2)
- This does not affect his ability to block, Jubei must still block overhead and low attacks as normal.
- Moves that are hard coded to miss crouching enemies, such as Taokaka's command throw Distortion Drive, can still hit if Jubei is standing.
- Jubei's crouch does reduce his hurtbox size, but by only slightly compared to his standing hurtbox which is already small. The only indication that Jubei is crouching is that his stance is visually different.
- Some some opponent's 5As may whiff if he is standing, doing 5A, crouching and/or doing 2A; therefore requiring those characters to use often slightly slower 2A or 5B attacks
Let's Dash! Under, Through, Into Short Hop, Command Quick Dash, and also Dash Momentum with Attacks and Super Jumps
- Jubei's running animation places him exceptionally low to the ground, and can run underneath a surprising number of moves.
- Whenever Jubei runs into his opponent, he will cancel into a hop move that swaps sides with his opponent. Holding 3 during a run will prevent this. The hops duration is 21 frames, frames 1-7 are invulnerable. Must run for 7 frames before available.
- While risky, due how low to the ground his dash is and his ability to run through opponents, used wisely dashing forward can sometimes escape pressure and swap places with opponents in the corner. Make people regret jump cancels during pressure!
- Additionally, Jubei can input 9 while performing any run to hop only a short distance off the ground, allowing easy instant overhead pressure with his j.A and pressure from jumping attacks.
- Jubei has a 'quick dash' command dash that can be activated by back stepping then hitting forward in any direction.
- Jubei can input anything during the quick dash except he cannot block normally. He can however, Barrier Block and it will maintain his momentum, sliding him forwarding to effectively and safely advance.
- During Jubei's quick dash the following attacks also keep most of the forward momentum: 5A, 2A, 2B, 3C, 214B, or 214C. These attacks will sliding or even launch Jubei across the screen while attacking.
- Quick dash momentum can also greatly extend the range of his super jump. Jubei can even be tricky by super jumping backwards first, looking like a normal straight up jump, and then double jumping forward with that momentum.
- Jubei also has two command air dash special moves (j.236D and j.214D) to help keep opponents guessing, retreat to safety, or force whiffed anti-airs. Though they are Counter Hit status while active.
- These movement options all used together make Jubei an extremely mobile and slippery character in the right hands.
Upgraded Drive Moves
D~X after Fudō: Sharenjin, Air OK
6A+B during blockstun
|Fissuring Slash (Rekkōzan)
236A or 236236A (Air OK)
Fissuring Slash Followup
|Install Fissuring Slash (Rekkōzan) and Additional Attacks
236A then A for each Additional Attack (Air OK)
|Launch (Fissuring Impact)
B after Fissuring Slash (Air OK)
Form ONE: Shadow Wolf
|Form ONE: Shadow Wolf
236B (6B during Fissuring Slash)
Form TWO: Demon Fox
|Form TWO: Demon Fox
214B (4B during Fissuring Slash) (Air OK)
Form THREE: Wild Lion
|Form THREE: Wild Lion
214C (C during Fissuring Slash) (Air OK)
Form FOUR: Black Panther
|Form FOUR: Black Panther
632146C (646C during Fissuring Slash)
j.236D/j.214D (6D/4D during Fissuring Slash)
236C (Air OK)
Thousand Hands: Roaring Pillar
|Thousand Hands: Roaring Pillar
Twin Guardians: Mourning Shore
|Twin Guardians: Mourning Shore
Immovable Object: Lotus
|Immovable Object: Lotus
|Miroku: Spherical Illusion
ABCD during Overdrive
|Asura: Thunderbird Rising
|To edit frame data, edit values in BBCF/Jubei/Data. Be sure to update both the |