From Dustloop Wiki
- 1 Overview
- 2 Normal Moves
- 3 Drive Moves
- 4 Upgraded Drive Moves
- 5 Universal Mechanics
- 6 Specials
- 7 Distortion Drives
- 8 Exceed Accel
- 9 Astral Heat
- 10 External References
- Similar to Taokaka's drive, Jubei performs a fast dash at his opponent and slashes them on the way past.
- Hitting with a drive marks his opponent with a black crosshair for a few seconds, causing his Distortion drives to teleport behind his opponent before starting the attack.
Upgraded Drive: Shiranui Hagane
- After activating Fudō: Sharenjin, Jubei's drive is replaced with this upgraded version.
- Pressing D in this state will put Jubei in a state where he hovers in place briefly.
- Pressing a direction and one of the attack buttons in this state will lay out 4 waypoint markers in a pattern based on the direction and button you pressed. Jubei will then perform a teleport dash attack between each one in order.
- Since it can cross up and offers excellent mobility, enabling this upgraded drive as soon as possible is a common tactic for Jubei players.
Overdrive: Rakan: Gorinkō
Unique Ability: Being small
- More than just a joke, Jubei's small size means that the game considers him to be in a crouching state even while standing for certain interactions.
- This means all standing hits against him are considered crouching hits, thus incurring an additional two frames of hitstun.
- This does not affect his ability to block, Jubei must still block overhead and low attacks as normal.
- Moves that are hard coded to miss crouching enemies, such as Taokaka's command throw Distortion Drive, can still hit if Jubei is standing.
- Attempting to crouch will not reduce Jubei's size any further. The only indication that jubei is crouching is that his stance is visually different.
- Jubei's running animation however places him exceptionally low to the ground, and can run underneath a surprising number of moves. Additionally, if Jubei runs into his opponent, he will cancel into a hop move that swaps sides with his opponent.
- Great mobility which can be further enhanced by Fudō: Sharenjin.
- Strong mixup game with various ways to open people up.
- Short height allows him to low profile many moves, specially with dash.
- Solid pressure and okizeme.
- Is always in crouching state, leaving him prone to extremely damaging combos at all times.
- Poor defensive options, with no real reversals.
- Damage is lackluster without spending meter.
- Heavily momentum based.
Upgraded Drive Moves
| Shiranui Hagane
D~X after Fudō: Sharenjin, Air OK
| Forward Throw
| Back Throw
| Air Throw
| Counter Assault
6A+B during blockstun
| Crush Trigger
236A or 236236A (Air OK)
| Tsuika Kōgeki
A after Rekkōzan (Air OK)
B after Rekkōzan (Air OK)
| Ichi no Kata: Kage Ōkami
236B (6B during Rekkōzan)
| Ni no Kata: Oni Gitsune
214B (4B during Rekkōzan) (Air OK)
| San no Kata: Ranjishi
214C (C during Rekkōzan) (Air OK)
| Shi no Kata: Kuro Hyō
632146C (646C during Rekkōzan)
j.236D/j.214D (6D/4D during Rekkōzan)
236C (Air OK)
| Senju: Todoroki Setsura
| Niō: Kigantotsu
| Fudō: Sharenjin
| Miroku: Rinshunrō
ABCD during Overdrive
| Ashura: Hōrai Burenshō