From Dustloop Wiki
- 1 Overview
- 2 Normal Moves
- 3 Drive Moves
- 4 Upgraded Drive Moves
- 5 Universal Mechanics
- 6 Specials
- 7 Distortion Drives
- 8 Exceed Accel
- 9 Astral Heat
- 10 External References
- Similar to Taokaka's drive, Jubei performs a fast dash at his opponent and slashes them on the way past. This attack will always place Jubei on the opposite side of his opponent on a successful hit.
- Hitting with a drive marks his opponent with a black crosshair for a few seconds, known as the Shiranui Mark, causing his Distortion drives to teleport behind his opponent before starting the attack, and dealing bonus damage.
Upgraded Drive: Shiranui Hagane
- After activating Fudō: Sharenjin, Jubei's drive is replaced with this upgraded version.
- Pressing D in this state will put Jubei in a state where he hovers in place briefly.
- Pressing a direction and one of the attack buttons in this state will lay out 4 waypoint markers in a pattern based on the direction and button you pressed. Jubei will then perform a teleport dash attack between each one in order.
- Since it can cross up and offers excellent mobility, enabling this upgraded drive as soon as possible is a common tactic for Jubei players.
- This install is a one-off trade per round: once activated, it cannot be deactivated and never expires. Experienced Jubei players should weigh the costs of giving up Jubei's default Drive, which has its own advantages.
Overdrive: Rakan: Gorinkō
- Drive moves gain faster startup.
- Single-use limit on installed Drive attacks removed for Overdrive duration.
- Unupgraded drives trigger the second hit on block as well as hit, making them safe at neutral and adding the Shiranui Mark.
- Improved damage to Distortion Drives in line with other characters.
Unique Ability: Being small
- More than just a joke, Jubei's small size means that the game considers him to be in a crouching state even while standing for certain interactions.
- This means all standing hits against him are considered crouching hits, thus incurring an additional two frames of hitstun.
- This does not affect his ability to block, Jubei must still block overhead and low attacks as normal.
- Moves that are hard coded to miss crouching enemies, such as Taokaka's command throw Distortion Drive, can still hit if Jubei is standing.
- Attempting to crouch will not reduce Jubei's size any further. The only indication that jubei is crouching is that his stance is visually different.
Command Dash, Short Hop, and Cross-Up Dash
- Jubei's running animation places him exceptionally low to the ground, and can run underneath a surprising number of moves.
- Jubei runs into his opponent, he will cancel into a hop move that swaps sides with his opponent. Holding 3 during a run will prevent this.
- Jubei has a quick dash that can be activated by backstepping then holding forward in any direction. He will also automatically hop through opponents if he runs into them.
- Jubei can input anything during the command dash except normal blocking. He can however, still input Barrier Block and maintain his momentum. This can be used to effectively and safely cover distance.
- Additionally, Jubei can input 9 while running to hop only a short distance off the ground, allowing easy instant overheads and pressure from jumping attacks.
- These movement options all used together make Jubei an extremely mobile character in the right hands.
Upgraded Drive Moves
| Shiranui Hagane
D~X after Fudō: Sharenjin, Air OK
| Forward Throw
| Back Throw
| Air Throw
| Counter Assault
6A+B during blockstun
| Crush Trigger
| Fissuring Slash
236A or 236236A (Air OK)
| Tsuika Kōgeki
A after Rekkōzan (Air OK)
B after Fissuring Slash (Air OK)
Form ONE: Shadow Wolf
| Form ONE: Shadow Wolf
236B (6B during Fissuring Slash)
Form TWO: Demon Fox
| Form TWO: Demon Fox
214B (4B during Fissuring Slash) (Air OK)
Form THREE: Ranjishi
| Form THREE: Ranjishi
214C (C during Fissuring Slash) (Air OK)
Form FOUR: Black Panther
| Form FOUR: Black Panther
632146C (646C during Fissuring Slash)
| Divine Form
j.236D/j.214D (6D/4D during Fissuring Slash)
| Rising Justice
236C (Air OK)
Thousand Hands: Roaring Pillar
| Thousand Hands: Roaring Pillar
Twin Guardians: Mourning Shore
| Twin Guardians: Mourning Shore
Immovable Object: Lotus
| Immovable Object: Lotus
| Miroku: Spherical Illusion
ABCD during Overdrive
| Asura: Thunderbird Rising