- 1 Overview
- 2 Normal Moves
- 3 Drive/Ignis Moves
- 4 Universal Mechanics
- 5 Specials
- 6 Distortion Drives
- 7 Exceed Accel
- 8 Astral Heat
- 9 External References
- 10 Navigation
Mad Scientists are common in all forms of media, but few are madder and more frightening than Relius. Working alongside Hazama and the Imperator, Relius sees all forms of biological life as merely objects, due to being able to literally look beyond their physical appearance and see their very soul. Relius turned his wife and daughter into subservient robot dolls, and was responsible for the creation of the Murakumo units.
Summons and dismisses Ignis, giving Relius access to many tools to pressure and trap the opponent with. Similar to a Stand, for those familiar with Jojo's series.
- Ignis is either present or not present at any given time, and Relius starts a round with her not present.
- Ignis can be summoned with 5D, 2D and j.D and dismissed with 5D and j.D
- If Ignis is not present when commanded to do a move, she will appear behind Relius first to do the move unless there is a specific location she teleports to for that move.
- While ignis is present, she will normally float just behind Relius, including in the air, however Ignis will lag behind Relius' position slightly.
- Ignis' state is indicated by her arm position, if she's holding her hands in front of her, she's in a grounded state, if had hands are by her sides, she's in her airborne state, note that this can be different to Relius' own state.
- However when Ignis recovers from an attack on the opposite side of an opponent she will linger in that position for about 80F. This can be refreshed by using additional moves while in that state.
- Ignis is normally untouchable, but she can be hit when in the start-up, actives, or recovery of an attack that is not 2D, 632146D, 236236D, or 214214D.
- Normal Drive moves can be performed by Ignis while Relius is performing other actions, however special and distortion drives that use Ignis require Relius to perform his own gesture.
- Unless the move teleports Ignis to a specific place, she will perform any move she is commanded to do in whatever position she happens to be in, changing facing towards her opponent if required.
- Move inputs are always based on Relius' own facing. For example if Relius is facing right, pressing 6D will always make Ignis do the same attack regardless of her own facing.
- Ignis has a gauge similar to Nirvana's, which is used up when using attacks.
- The amount of guage used varies per move. If Ignis is also summoned by a move, it will consume even more of her gauge.
- Her Gauge will also very slowly deplete whenever she is present.
- Unlike Nirvana, Ignis taking damage does not deplete her gauge.
- Ignis' gauge can only be regenerated when she is not present or has completely depleted, however, the rate varies depending on the situation
- It is still possible to summon Ignis without a full bar, unless she has been incapacitated, (see below)
- If she is dismissed with 5D or j.D, she will have a red bar and regenerate very rapidly
- If Ignis is interrupted by being hit or if Relius is put in hitstun while she is summoned Ignis will be desummoned and given blue Ignis gauge as a penalty. No regeneration will happen while it is blue, but it will switch to red after some time
- Progress toward erasing the blue bar is saved when Ignis is summoned with the blue bar, and the duration does not refresh, therefore Ignis will not accrue any additional penalty whatsoever for being force desummoned while she already has a Blue bar. For example: if Ignis has 20 frames of "non-regeneration" left before the blue bar expires and is summoned in only to be forced desummoned once more, she will still only have 20 frames of blue bar to recover from.
- If Ignis does not have enough of her gauge left to perform a move, she will perform it anyway and her gauge will go to zero.
- If Ignis gets completely depleted she becomes incapacitated for a set amount of time and her gauge will turn grey, filling up at the slowest rate. She cannot be interacted with or used at all until it refills, afterwards she will dismiss herself.
Overdrive: Maxim Dance
- Increases Ignis Gauge recovery
- Ignis can recover gauge even when she has blue bar status
- Ignis recovers gauge while summoned and idle
- Ignis cannot be disabled by using up her gauge while OD is active. If she is already disabled, she will reactivate with whatever gauge she had regenerated in that time.
- All of Ignis' moves have their recovery cut in half
- Each of Ignis' special moves and distortion drives recieves a buff in some way. However, they all cost their full unsummoned amount:
- Val Lanto (214A) is faster, causes a longer slide with much greater hitstun. Always costs 20% IG
- Val Lyra (214B) launches even on grounded hits and has more hitstun. Always costs 30% IG
- Val Tus (214C) launches on grounded hits, last swipe shoots the opponent forward and has wall stick. Always costs 30% IG
- Geara Kaas (236D) Ignis moves quicker. The move itself Has more hits that deal less base damage. Always costs 40% IG
- Geara Nose (214D) bounces foe higher. Always costs 35% IG
- Bel Lafino (j.214B) tracks to the opponent's location. Always costs 30% IG
- Id Haas (~214A/~j.214A) causes a ground slide similar to Val Lanto. Always costs 20% IG
- Id Naiads (~214B/~j.214B) gains an additional ending hit that bounces the foe. Always costs 40% IG
- Id Zain (~214C/~j.214C) floats the opponent backwords in an untechable arc until they reach the ground. Always costs 40% IG.
- Req Vinum (2363214C) does more damage, more hits, and restands in the crouching position.
- Vol Tedo (632146D) does more damage
- Duo Bios (236236D) does more damage, more hits, lasts longer and launches the opponent higher
Note: All ignis moves that are prefixed with "j." refer to when Ignis herself is airborne, not necessarily Relius.
6A+B while blocking
214A after Id Lauger
214B after Id Lauger
214C after Id Lauger
ABCD during Overdrive
- Japanese Name: レリウス＝クローバー
- Japanese Wiki:
- Japanese BBS:
- Arcade Profile Dan Rankings:
|To edit frame data, edit values in BBCF/Relius Clover/Data. Be sure to update both the |