Combo Rate: 80%
Jump Startup: 4
Backdash Time: 25
Backdash Invincibility: 1-5
- Movement Options
- Double Jump, 1 Airdash, Dash type: Run
- Balanced, Zoning
- Full Frame Data
This is the true form of Noel Vermillion after fusing with the True Azure through Terumi's ambitions to destroy the Master Unit Amaterasu, and erase the world from its existence. Due to his influence, she believes that the world is filled with nothing but lies. Mu-12 is a dynamic zoning character with high damage output and capable defensive tools.
Drive: Steins Gunner
Steins Gunner projects an energy node (Stein) to the targeted location. Steins have a heating period before they fire, and will cease heating if µ receives damage or blocks, however once the stein has finished heating up, they will fire and cause most attacks to trade/lose. Steins can also be Charged by holding down the Drive button while projecting the Stein. Charged Steins take longer to heat up, but have much more powerful beams. Steins are also used for two of µ's special attacks; Totsuka and Habakiri, which will be detailed later.
An important note is that all Stein actions are Special, Drive and Jump Cancel-able on whiff; Air Steins also Airdash Cancel-able on whiff in addition to the other options. Mastering whiff-cancel timings and varying your options is very critical to succeeding with the character overall.
- Steins on screen will fire at constant intervals, then only disappear once overdrive finishes
- 236D has more hits
- 214D has the same effect as max charge for any charge duration
- 632146C has increased damage
- Multitude of powerful tools in all aspects of gameplay.
- Does solid damage on average, with incomparable top-end damage.
- Has a great back dash.
- Has a decent DP (623c - Origins), that catches opponents with autoguard, protecting her from would-be safejumps and other dp baits.
- Prominent zoning game that allows for dominant neutral control.
- Unforgiving to players without a firm grasp on neutral, and can be shut down very quickly.
- Steins can at times interrupt pressure and combos when they are not compensated for, requiring the player to always be observant of their timings.
- Knockdown game requires a fair bit of practice and in-game situational adjustment, increasing the character difficulty.
- Low Health
- Prolific Matchup-specific tools and strategies
Watch out for the sharp part.
Too bad it whiffs on recoil.
Probably the move you will be pressing the most.
Keep in mind that this move can easily be disrespected when used incorrectly.
May be Mu's biggest anti-air, but it's not the best in every situation.
Not always expected.
Whiffs on crouch.
Has a crossup hitbox.
Primarily used for air-to-air.
Don't get carried away.
|Charged Ground Ds
Don't get carried away.
Mostly found in corner combos and setups.
|Charged Air Ds
Mostly found in corner combos and setups.
2c-b kara throw.
Same as forward throw in every way.
Best poke in the game.
Range is sad.
|Ama no Habaya - Arrows of Heaven
You can never use this enough.
|Tsunugui - Origins
623C or j.623C
The 10-frame startup and full body guard point properties make this a very good DP to get Mu's opponents off of her.
|Furu no Tsurugi - Sword of Decimation
Can't read my poker face.
|Ame no Totsuka - Totsuka Blade
Ride the laser.
|Ame no Habakiri - Divine Wrath
|Ikutachi - Sword of Infinity
|Omohikane - Wisdom of the Divines
"Hello? Did you order the enormous hitbox?"
|Yata no Kagami - Blessed Mirror
Make it rain!
|Kamigoroshi no Tsurugi - Sword of the Godslayer
It does have high production value.
(More to come soon)
From standing, your commonly used overhead is 6b. If instant blocked, you give your opponent a chance, so do not abuse this. Common strings into it are :
- 2a 6b
- 2a 6a 6b
- 5b 6b
- j.b 6b
Lowest j.2c is very good as well, as it can act as an unexpected overhead, beat throws, and may also lead to some confusing crossups.
- j.c j.2c
- j.b j.2c
- walk/dash j.2c (beats throws)
The safest offense is to drive cancel normals, return to zoning, then use the steins to get back in, rinse and repeat until the opponent dies. Going for mixup can imply some unnecessary risks, so sometimes you will prefer to simply stick to this. Here are some common strings and how to hitconfirm or safely escape.
- 2b 5c (hit standing) SoD
- 2b 5c (hit crouching) 6c BnB
- 2b 5c (blocked) 5d jump back
Throws are also very good, because the situation it leaves you and your opponent in afterwards is one where Mu's great range is very scary for your opponents. Okizeme is quite different in this version of the game, for Mu. Check out the video below for more information, these forum posts also do a small overview :
Backdash can be hard to beat for some characters, don't forget to consider this option, maybe even in the corner to throw them off. DP (623C) even if it's quite easy to safejump or safely meaty now in BBCP 1.1, just throwing it out with a rapid cancel is great to escape certain characters setups, as you can rapid after hitting George XIII, Nirvana, Ignis. Omohikane is also an okay option in some situations, due to it's longer range, at which some players will specifically (and predictably) bait your DP.
Anti air options aren't as straightforward.
- 6a - Standard anti air, but not very good range.
- 2c - Has the better range, but slow invulnerability frames and long recovery frames means you need to use it pre-emtively, and it can be called out and punished when whiffs.
- 5a - Quick, but the hitbox means it can't beat certain moves when well spaced.
- airthrow - Great to call out someone trying to bait the anti airs.
- backdash/DP - Risky, but invulnerable on the first frame.
- rising j.a - Pre-emptive use. Great on hit or on block.
- jump back j.c - Pre-emtive use. Greatest option.
Blocking and barrier block are options too. Do not forget.
Use your long normals (5c 2b j.c) to make sure your opponent respects your space, then set up steins, one at a time. Always be ready to cancel into something if the opponent takes action. Place steins behind your opponent if you think they will move forward. Place steins near you if you think your opponent will stay where he is. This will allow them to aim better. Use the steins to move in on your opponent if they are too passive, by covering your approach with the lasers. The steins may also force your opponent into moving forward, and you need to be ready for either of these possibilities.
Your objectives in general shout be to use smart movement to avoid unfavorable positions. Avoiding being in a position where you're forced to block allows your steins to fire, and this can grant you hits while you are taking minimal risks. The use of special moves and distortion drives is pretty situational, and can do more harm than good if you don't have a good reason to use them.
- jc = jump cancel
- sjc = super jump cancel
- (N) = only use the Nth attack of the move (for example, if 5D(1) is written, you only use the first hit of 5D)
- (move) = whatever's listed in the parentheses is optional
- ":" = delay
- AA = Anti Air
- CH = Counterhit
- RC = Rapid Cancel
- abdc = air backdash cancel
- ad = airdash
- omo = 632146c
- tachi = 63214b
- SoD = 63214c
- CT = Crush Trigger
- OD = Overdrive
- ODC = Overdrive Cancel
- [d] = held
- ]d[ = drive projectile hit
- Counter Assault RC 6a 6b 6c 
- DP RC 5c 6c tachi j.5d abdc j.c j.2c 3c j.2c (SoD) 
- 5a AA CH 5c 6c tachi j.2d 3c j.2c 2595 - only at perfect height 
- 5a AA 5b j.b j.c j.2c 2b 5c 6c
- 2a 6a 2b 2c 5c SoD 1901 
- 2a 2b 5c 6c tachi j.2d abdc j.c j.2c 3c j.2c 2525 - crouching 
- 2a 6a 2b 2c 5c 6c 5d SoD 2170 - crouching, but too far 
- 2a 2b 3c RC 6a 6b 5c 6c tachi j.2d abdc j.c j.623c 2857 - damage 
- 2a 2b 3c RC 6a 2c sj.2c 2b 6a 6b 6c 2586 - knockdown 
- 2a 2b 3c RC 6a 2c sj.2c 2b 6a 6b 6c omo 3386 - 100 meter 
- throw 6a 6b 5c 6c 2786 - easy 
- throw 2b 2c j.2c 2b 6a 6b 6c 2968 - harder (also backthrow and airthrow) 
- throw 5c 6c tachi j.5d 5b 6a j.2c 3139 - character specific 
- throw 5c 2c j.2c 2b 6a 6b 6c 3210 - hardest, character specific 
- j.a j.c j.2c 2b 5c 6c 1761 - rising j.a 
- j.a CH j.a j.c j.2c 2b 5c 6c 1761 - falling j.a 
- 214d 5c 6c tachi j.2d abdc j.c j.2c 3c j.2c - low to the ground hit, same combo for drive hits and 236d hits 
- 236d sj.a j.c dj.b j.c j.2c - high in the air, same for any high hit 
- 2a 6a 2b 2c 5c SoD 5c 6c 2d DP 2674 - farther SoD 
- 2a 2b 5c 6c SoD 6a 6b 5d DP 2588 - crouching 
- 2a 2b 2c 5c SoD 2b 6a 6b 5d DP - alternative 
- j.a j.c j.2c 2b 6a 6b 5d SoD 3c sj.2c 
- 5a AA 6a 6b 2d SoD 6a 2c sj.2c
- 5a AA 6a 2c sj.2c j.5d 2b 5c 2c j.c j.2c
- throw 6a 6b 2d SoD 6a 2c sj.2c 3268 
- throw 5c 2c sj.2c j.5d 2b 5c 2c j.c j.2c 3311 - character specific 
- airthrow 6a 6b 5d SoD 5c 214d 6c tachi j.5d abdc j.c j.623c 37?? - character specific 
- 214d 6a 6b 2d SoD 6a 2c sj.2c 
- 2a 2b 3c ODC 2c 5c 6c 2d 8jc adj.b j.2c j.214d omo 
- 2a 2b 5c ODC 5c SoD 5c 6c CT omo (4.2k) - corner 
- throw 5c ODC 5c 6c 2d j.b j.2c j.214d omo 4715
- throw 5c ODC 5c SoD 5c 6c CT omo 4805 - corner 
- 2a 2b 3c ODC 6a 6b 5d omo 3320 - 100% hp
- 2a 2b 3c ODC 2c 5c 6c 5d omo 3422 - 100% hp
N Starter - Midscreen
- 6b 6c tachi j.2d abdc j.c 2b/5b 5c 5[d] j.b j.c j.2c j.5[d] ad j.c 66a 2c (s)j.b/c j.2c - Unstable at some ranges, works off most starters 
- 6b 6c tachi j.4d abdc j.c j.2c 2b 2c sj.c j.b j.c j.2c - stable alternative 1 
- 6b 6c tachi j.2d abdc j.c j.2c 3c airdash j.b j.c j.c - stable alternative 2
- 2b 3c RC 6a 6b 5c 6c tachi j.4d abdc j.c j.2c 3c j.2c - RC combo 
- 6b 6c tachi 2b 2c j.2c 2b 5c 6c 2648 - sideswap 
- 5c CH 6c tachi j.2c abdc j.c j.2c dash 3c airdash j.b j.c j.2c j.214d dash 6a 5c 2c j.c j.623c - DP Ender, more damage, no setup 
- 5c CH 6c tachi 5b 6a 6b 5c 2c j.c j.2c 3770 - sideswap 1 
- 5c CH 6c tachi 5b 2c j.2c 2b 6a 6b 2d SoD 3614 - sideswap 2 
- 2c CH ad j.c j.2c 2b 5c 6c tachi j.4d abdc j.c j.2c 3c j.2c 3400 - standard 
- 2c CH ad j.c j.2c 2b 6a 6b 5c 6c 5d SoD 3c j.2c 3623 - low height, corner prox 
- 2c CH j.c j.2c 2b 6a 6b 6c tachi j.4d abdc j.c j.2c 3c j.2c 36xx - low height 
- 3c CH 2c 5c 6c tachi j.2d abdc j.c j.2c 3c j.b j.c j.2c 3520 
- 6a air hit 2c j.2c 2b 2c sj.c j.b j.c j.2c 2b 5c 6c 5[d] - safejump 
- j.c 5c 6c tachi j.4d abdc j.c j.2c 2b 2c sj.c j.b j.c j.2c 3490 - too far for 6a 
- j.c 6a 6b 5c 6c tachi j.4d abdc j.c j.2c 3c j.2c 3636 - standard
- j.b j.c j.2c 2b 2c sj.c j.b j.c j.2c 2b 5c 6c 5[d] - corner proximity 
- j.b j.c j.2c 2b 5c 6c tachi j.4d abdc j.c j.2c 3c j.2c - elsewhere 
- SoD CH 5c 6c tachi j.6d abdc 3c ad j.b j.c j.2c 3905 - from far 
- SoD CH 6a 6b 5c 6c tachi j.4d abdc j.c j.2c 3c j.2c 42?? - close, character specific 
- 6c CH 5d 5c 2c :ad j.c j.2c 2b 2c sj.cbc2c 2b 6a 6b 5d DP 42?? - burst safe 
- 6c CH 5d 6a 5c 5[d] j.b j.c j.2c j.5[d] ad j.c 6a 2c 5[d] j.c j.2c 3c j.2c 463? - good dmg 
- 6c CH 5d tachi j.6d abdc j.c 5b 5c 5[d] j.b j.c j.2c j.6[d] ad j.c j.2c 3c 214d j.2c 4.3k - easier 
- 6c CH SoD max 2c ad j.b j.c j.2c 2c ad j.b j.c j.2c 2b 6a 6b 5d 623c 4666 - close only
- tachi 5b 6a 6b 6a 2c j.2c 2b 5c 6c 35xx - sideswap, safejump 
- tachi 5d abdc j.c j.2c 2b 2c sj.cbc2c 2b 5c 6c 35xx - no sideswap, safejump 
- j.2c 2b 5c 6c tachi j.2d abdc 3c j.b j.c j.2c 29xx - standard
- j.2c 2b 5c 6c tachi 2b 2c sj.cbc2c 29xx - sideswap 1 
- j.2c 2b 5c 6c tachi 5b 2c j.2c 2b 5c 6c 29xx - sideswap 2 
- 3c CH CT 6a 6b 6a 2c sj.2c 2b 5c 6c 2d SoD 2b 5b sj.2c 4588 - corner prox 
- 3c CH CT 6a 6b 5c 6c tachi j.2d abdc j.c j.2c 3c sj.2c 4397 - midscreen 
- CT crush : whatever your preferred 6b combo is
- CT hit 6a 6b 5c 6c tachi j.4d abdc j.c j.2c dash 3c j.2c 3933 
- 5b 5c 3c RC 6a 6b 5c 6c tachi j.4d abdc j.c j.2c 3c omo 4809 
- 5b 3c RC 5c 6c tachi j.6d abdc j.c j.2c 3c j.b j.c j.2c 3c omo 4487 
- 2c CH ad j.c j.2c 2b 5c 6c tachi j.4d abdc j.c j.2c 3c CT omo 4296 
- 2b 3c ODC 6a 6b 5c 6c tachi j.4d abdc j.c j.2c 3c j.2c 3.1k - 100% hp 
- 2b 3c ODC 2c 5c 5d 2d SoD max 214d ODomo - easiest, 30%hp 
- 2b 3c ODC 6a 6b 6c 5d 2d SoD max 214d ODomo 4805 - 11%hp, easier 
- 2b 3c ODC 2c 5c 6c 2d 7jc ad j.b ]d[ j.c j.2c j.214d dash 2d j.b ]d[ j.2c j.214d dash omo 4919 - 11%hp, hard 
- 6b 6c tachi j.2d abdc j.c j.2c dash 3c ODC dash 5c 2c sj.b j.c j.2c dash omo - far from corner 
- 6b 6c tachi j.2d abdc j.c j.2c dash 3c ODC dash 5c 2c j.2c j.214d omo - if reaches corner 
- 5c CH 6c tachi abdc j.c j.2c dash 3c ODC 6b dash 6a 5c 2c j.2c 3c omo - too far for 3c ODC 
N Starter - Corner
- 2b 2c 5c SoD dash 5c 2c j.c j.2c dash 2b 6a 6b 5d j.a j.b j.c dj.c j.2c 3762 - safejump 
- 2b 5c SoD dash 6a 5c 2c sj.2c j.5d 2b 5c 2c 5[d] j.c j.2c 3c j.2c 3789 - 2 steins 
- 2b 5c SoD dash 6a 5c 2c sj.2c j.5d 2b 5c 2c 5[d] j.c j.2c 3c 214d 6c (5d DP) 4068 - max dmg 
- 2b 5c SoD 5c 2c :j.b j.c j.2c j.5d 2b 5c 2c j.c j.2c - burst safe  ex : 
- 2b 5c SoD 5c 2c j.2c 2b 5c 2c sj.2c j.5d 2b 5c 2c j.c j.2c 3675 - easier 
- 2b 5c SoD 5c 2c j.2c 2b 5c 2c sj.2c j.5d 2b 6a :2c sj.2c 35xx - catch roll, dp whiff  whiff ex: 
- 6b 6c SoD 6a 5c 2c sj.2c j.5d 2b 5c 2c j.c j.2c 3301 
- j.c j.2c 2b 5c 2c sj.2c j.5d 2b 5c 2c 5[d] j.c j.2c 3c 214d 6c 38?? - no steins 
- 2c CH j.c j.2c SoD 6a 5c 2c sj.2c j.5d 5b 6a :2c sj.2c 38xx? - far&high hit 
- 5c 6c SoD 6a 6b 5b 2c sj.2c j.5d 2b 5c 2c j.c j.2c 4??? - air hit 
- 5c 6c CT 5c 2c sj.2c j.5d 2b 5c 2c 5[d] j.c j.2c 3c 214d j.2c 5308 - koko superball 
- CT crush dash 5c SoD dash 6a 5c 2c sj.2c j.5d 2b 5c 2c 5[d] j.c j.2c 3c 214d 6c 3977? 
- CT hit 5c 2c sj.2c j.5d 2b 5c 2c 5[d] j.c j.2c 3c 214d 6c 4338 - safejump 
- CT hit 5c SoD dash 5c 2c j.c j.2c dash 2b 6a 6b 5d j.a j.b j.c dj.c j.2c 4494 - 1 stein 
- 6b 6c CT SoD 6a 5c 2c sj.2c j.5d 2b 5c 2c j.c j.2c 3c omo 4681 
- (6b) 6c CH 4[d] SoD dash 2c CT 5c 2[d] j.b j.c j.2c j.214[d] omo 7114
- 6b 6c 5d DP OD 66a (5d 4d 214d)x4 sj.2c 3c omo 5318 50% hp 74 meter  if under 43% hp , 5878 dmg