|Combo Notation Guide|
- Combos containing BB AB AB etc. denote Cyclone Hook/Sonic loop. Spaces indicate a slight delay, typically to allow the opponent to fall slightly lower.
- Most combos ending with 236B can replace the ender with DP, 5C, or 236B+C for different oki/more damage.
- Juggle combos ending with 236B may require 236B to be held slightly to allow the opponent more time to fall to a hittable height.
- (2A/4A) 5AA 5BA(AA) 2C 236A - Standard solo meterless combo. The Cyclone followups on a standing opponent are character-specific; some characters will get hit by up to 3 followups while others will drop after one.
- (2A) 4AAA/5AAA 214C BB AA AB AB 236B - Damaging combo into Cyclone loop. Probably your best bet if assist is unavailable.
- 2B sj.AB(2) dj.B(2) j.214A - Standard air combo with Assault Dive ender. Do j.C instead of Assault Dive if you want to extend with Assist for another rep.
- 66 B+C 66 BB AB AB 236B - Grab combo starting with 66. Does not work off of regular grab as you will be short one Cyclone level to go into the loop.
- (2A/4AA/5AA) 5BAA+P 214B/66 BB AB (AB AB) A+D/236B/5C/236B+C - Mostly universal combo with assist. The number of Cyclone followups you can do at the end depends on how long your lead-in combo is.
- (2A/4AA/5AA) 5BA(AA) 2C 236A+P 214B BB AAA 236B - Slightly less damage than the above, but deals more damage prior to calling the assist, in case the opponent is waiting for you to call the assist so they can safely burst.
- (2A/4A/5A) 5B 2C+P 214B BB AB AB 236B - Probably Akihiko's highest damage meterless combo, hitting over 10k off 5A with some assists. However, requires an assist that can pick up off 2C and go straight into 214B without losing the Cyclone levels.
Akihiko gets his big damage off Cyclone juggle loop (lv5 A Sonic Blow > B Boomerang Hook). In order to make this work, he needs to get the opponent airborne then get to level 5 Cyclone by the time he gets to A Sonic Blow. The most common way to do this is to start a Cyclone chain and combo an assist call into 214B or 66B without letting the Cyclone levels reset. As long as you have at least 1 Cyclone level by the time you go into 214B, doing BB A followup will put you at level 5 for A Sonic Blow. After getting into the loop, you just need to loop A Sonic > B Hook until the combo is about to drop. Try not to lose count of how many reps you've done; it's possible to get as many as 8 hits off certain starters.
Alternatively, Akihiko can do lv0 214B or 66 into BB AA AB. This only works early in the combo as the untech time from A Hook is a lot shorter, so you'll primarily be doing this when confirming mixups into 236X+P.
Basic Akihiko combos by Meno:
External Documents and References
Akihiko Combo Archive: