Blake is a hybrid of spacing and mix up potential. Her A normals are her main close range tools, then Blake's B normals give great spacing and the blade hit mechanic enables her to have many more options when hit/blocked. Blake's clones allow her to follow up certain attacks for defensive or offensive purposes, which is where her mix ups come into play.
|"I'm a member of Team RWBY... I can't afford to disappoint."|
|Lore:||Blake is a fair skinned young girl of Faunus heritage with amber eyes and long, black hair who used to work as a combatant in the White Fang, a Faunus terrorist group. After leaving the organization, Blake enrolled at Beacon Academy, where she becomes a member of Team RWBY.
Blake displays a cool, reserved, and serious personality most of the time but does not lack a humorous side usually in the form of dry wit and sarcasm. Blake has also been described as a righteous and outspoken person, holding equal respect for other people's livelihoods, while still openly criticizing whoever she thinks is indefensible, regardless of their social standing or species. As a Faunus, Blake has faced discrimination in the past and wears a large bow on the top of her head when near Humans in order to be treated for her character and not her species.|
Blake is a tricky character to master than the rest of the cast, but with practice, she rewards the player with strong tools at their disposal.
- Incredible in the mid screen. Oppressive normals in the form of her B normals, as long as they are spaced to hit with the blade (which are safe and jump cancelable on hit/block).
- Amazing assists. Her 6P is debatably the best projectile assist in the game.
- Strong mix up game, especially with an assist ready. Blake can easily set up sandwich situations with 214A+assist for active switch shenanigans.
- Very versatile. Can played as point to set up her pressure game or as anchor with the threat of 6P in hand.
- Not very team dependent, Blake can pair with most of the cast with ease.
- Lack of meterless anti airs really cause Blake to struggle against jump ins.
- Has a higher skill floor than most of the cast. Adapting to the situation is necessary to be a strong Blake (as with any other character).
- Has to work hard to get good damage
- Be wary of using Blake's DP, it's bad.
Semblance: Shadow Clones
Blake's Semblance allows her to create shadow clones which act as dummies that will take an otherwise fatal hit for Blake in their place. She can also give these clones additional properties such as exploding upon contact, acting as a defensive barrier or temporarily halting enemy movement by combining different types of Dust together. She can summon clones by inputting 22A/B/C. 22A for Stone, 22B for Mist and 22C for Fire. She can also use the act of summoning a clone as a cancel out of her longer attacks, and can even hold forward during the summon to rollforward while summoning.