Jump Startup: 4F
Backdash Time 23F / Invul: 1-7F All
- 1 Overview
- 2 Normal Moves
- 3 Universal Moves
- 4 Skills
- 5 Extra Skills
- 6 Partner Skills
- 7 Distortion Skills
- 8 Astral Heat
"I'm a member of Team RWBY... I can't afford to disappoint."
Blake is a fair skinned young girl of Faunus heritage with amber eyes and long, black hair who used to work as a combatant in the White Fang, a Faunus terrorist group. After leaving the organization, Blake enrolled at Beacon Academy, where she becomes a member of Team RWBY.
Blake displays a cool, reserved, and serious personality most of the time but does not lack a humorous side usually in the form of dry wit and sarcasm. Blake has also been described as a righteous and outspoken person, holding equal respect for other people's livelihoods, while still openly criticizing whoever she thinks is indefensible, regardless of their social standing or species. As a Faunus, Blake has faced discrimination in the past and wears a large bow on the top of her head when near Humans in order to be treated for her character and not her species.
Blake is a hybrid of spacing and mix up potential. Her A normals are her main close range tools, then Blake's B normals give great spacing and the blade hit mechanic enables her to have many more options when hit/blocked. Blake's clones allow her to follow up certain attacks for defensive or offensive purposes, which is where her mix ups come into play. She a tricky character to master than the rest of the cast, but with practice, she rewards the player with strong tools at their disposal.
Semblance: Shadow Clones
In the show, Blake's Semblance allows her to create shadow clones which act as dummies that will take an otherwise fatal hit for Blake in their place. She can also give these clones additional properties such as exploding upon contact, acting as a defensive barrier or temporarily halting enemy movement by combining different types of Dust together. In Blazblue Cross Tag Battle, her clones are activated by inputting a special command, with the clones having different properties depending on what clone the player needs, 22A for Stone, 22B for Mist and 22C for Fire.
A few additional details:
- Only one clone can exist on the screen at a time.
- Clones will not stop the opponent's movement and can be moved through without being harmed so long as they aren't attacked.
- Clones will shatter or disappear on their own after a set amount of time, except fire clone, it will detonate regardless of being hit.
- Clones stay in play when Blake gets tagged out.
- Clones cause Blake to dash backward on creation by default, but holding forward after the clone command will cause Blake to dash forward instead.
- When Blake dashes back/forward, she does NOT have invulnerability. Unlike the show, where Blake can move out of a possible hit just in time to have a clone take a hit.
214A (air OK)
214B (air OK)
214A/B/C > A
214A/B/C > B
214C (air OK)
214A/B/C > C