- 1 Combo List
- 2 Combo Theory
- 3 Video Examples
- 4 External Documents and References
|Combo Notation Guide|
5AAA > 5BB > 236B
- Video Example
- Damage: 5667
- A simple 5A starter combo
5AAA > 5BB > 236A > A > A
- Damage: 6316
- Different ender for the first combo. Works on smaller frame characters.
Air to Air j.AA > djc j.AA > j.236A > A > 214A
- Damage: 4646
- A combo for when you hit an opponent out of an air approach with an Air to Air j.A.
Throw > 5BB > 236A > A > A
- Video Example
- Damage: 4911
- A simple throw combo.
- Does not work on Narukami, Yukiko, or Kanji
Throw > 2A > 5BB > 214B > microdash 5BB > 236A > A > delay 214A
- A throw combo with more corner carry
Throw > 2A > 5AA > 2B > 8jc j.AA > djc > j.AA > j.C
- A throw combo for when you're close to the corner and need to side swap
CH 5B > 214B > microdash 5BB > 236A > A > 214A
- Damage: 6865
- A meterless punish combo for when you need to make your opponent hurt after baiting a Reversal Action
CH 5B > 214C > dash 5BB > 214B > microdash 5BB > 214A
- Damage: 7851
- Requires: 1 Skill Gauge
- Spend 1 Skill Gauge to make your punish combo hurt even more and up the corner carry. Be sure to time 5BB after 214C so that the opponent falls low enough that 214B will connect after they get hit by 214B
5A > 5BB > 236B > j.214BC > 214BC (Charge) > 5BB > 236B > j.236BC > 236BC
- Damage: 21032
- Requires: 5 Skill Gauge, Resonance Blaze
- At level 4 resonance, spend 5 bars to kill any enemy from full HP. Can also be linked from 2A or 4A for 17.8k Damage.
5BB > 214B > microdash 5B
This is a very frequent combo piece in Chie's combos. Normally, Chie's B Herculean Strike won't naturally combo from anything else unless it's from a Counter Hit 5B or using a partner skill to fill the gap. However, it is possible to connect 214B from 5BB if the opponent is already airbrone and being juggled high enough in the air.
Warning: Be careful of your screen positioning! B Herculean Strike wall bounces midscreen but in the corner, it'll wall splat instead. So it's important to pay attention to how close you are to the corner because getting the wall splat effect will make microdash 5B drop. You can still extend your combos after 214B in the corner if you juggled them high enough. Wall splatting the opponent higher up on the wall makes the opponent have to fall further to reach the ground before they can tech. You can link 4A in these situations to keep the combo going but you need to be close enough for 4A to hit.
Continuing a combo after Dragon Kick (236B/C) - Midscreen
Midscreen, Dragon Kick is a useful combo piece in order to switch sides with your opponent and push them into the corner. The most straight forward way to do this is to use a partner skill that hits them after a Dragon Kick to juggle them a bit longer so you can recover and keep the combo going. However, if your partner doesn't have a partner skill that hits higher up in this area, there's also a way to extend your combo from Dragon Kick itself. If you hit your opponent at the tail end of the Dragon Kick, you'll start recovering faster and be close enough to the opponnet that you can link a 5A after the Dragon Kick. This is hard to do naturally but if your partner has a partner skill that pushes the opponent forward a bit and launches them, then you can use it to set up these conditions so you can extend your combo.
Continuing a combo after 236B/C - Corner
Level 3 Power Charge Combos
External Documents and References