Hilda is a long range zoner similar to Nu-13. Her normals keep the opponent out and attack from a distance, with 5B covering the whole screen. She has many ways to mix up the opponent, with the low attack 2C, Fallen Pain, and her ridiculously long ranged Clash Assault. In addition to mixups and playing keepaway, Hilda can easily apply wakeup pressure thanks to Condensity Gloom. Despite her low damage output, Hilda can relentlessly pressure the opponent once a knockdown is secured, though she suffers when being pressured herself by rushdown characters due to not having much in the way of defensive options outside of Reject Guard and Reversal Action. To play Hilda effectively, keep the opponent away with her far reaching normals, apply okizeme, and do not let the opponent get in close.
|Lore:||The final boss of Under Night In-Birth. The leader of Amnesia, a beautiful diva, and one of the most powerful In-Births, if not the most powerful. Despite her status as a very powerful combatant, she isn't very smart, and is only respected for her wealth and abilities, with Gordeau and Chaos having to do most of the heavy lifting and planning as well as keeping Hilda from getting killed. Her goal is to transcend the power of an In-Birth and become an even more powerful being known as a Re-Birth in order to free the Hollow Night from Amnesia's rivals, the Licht Kreis. However, gathering a large amount of EXS and becoming a Re-Birth carries a gigantic risk of becoming a Void from the inside out, something Hilda chooses to ignore. When the Hollow Night comes, she awaits at the Altar of Light and Darkness near the Abyss, a fountain of infinite EXS at the center of the Hollow Night. She hopes to take Hyde's Insulator and use it to force the Abyss open and obtain eternity.|
- Very strong keep-out game. 5A pushes opponents back quite a distance and 214A prevents button presses on wakeup.
- Large hitboxes that can be thrown out to disrupt momentum.
- DP is extremely large, punishing players who like to super jump-in and block.
- Assists are also very large.
- Tough to reach damaging combos past 5k without meter or assist.
- Most of her attacks are projectiles which makes for a disastrous weakness against characters with projectile invulnerable moves.
- Can be punished easily by full screen supers if not careful.
- Struggles against quick / rushdown characters.
- DP is directional, and does not auto-correct against well-timed cross-ups.
- Whiffed attacks are easily punishable due to very long recovery.
- Even though her assist are all really well, they all have long startup and will lose to alot if not used properly.
- Hard to overall play at a high level of play.