Hyde can produce a knockdown from a variety of different special moves which means he can always get at least a meaty off any combo. However, Hyde can only reliable produce safe-jump oki from grounded moves so while Hyde gets better damage from air combos he gets better oki from ground combos.
1) Sweep (2C): Only works when grounded but works anywhere on the screen. Jump-canceling grants safe-jump oki.
2) Bend Sinister (5AAAA or 236B after Black Orbiter): Only works when grounded but works anywhere on the screen. The higher the opponent is when the attack connects, the greater the frame advantage. Can grant safe-jump oki if the frame advantage is great enough.
3) Vacant Shift Third (214A/B~A/B/C~A/B/C): Works anywhere on the screen, both on the ground and in the air. The closer Hyde is to the ground and the higher the opponent is when the last hit connects, the greater the frame advantage. Delaying the final hit can improve the final frame advantage. Can grant safe-jump oki if the frame advantage is great enough. Air version never grants safe-jump oki.
4) Vacant Shift - Sediment (214C): Works anywhere on the screen, both on the ground and in the air. The closer Hyde is to the ground when the last hit connects, the greater the frame advantage. Can grant safe-jump oki if the frame advantage is great enough. Air version never grants safe-jump oki. Costs one bar of meter.
5) Pale Bringer Arose (214B+C): Only works when grounded but works anywhere on the screen. Guarantees a corner position and safe-jump oki. Deals minimum damage that increases with the distance Hyde travels. Costs two bars of meter.
Choosing an Oki Route
1) Sweep is very easy to use and will always guarantee safe-jump oki on hit. However, ending a combo with this move will always result in sub-optimal damage and metergain. Use 5AA to drag airborne opponents downward so that 2C will connect.
2) Bend Sinister can be used in two situation; at the end of Hyde's A Smart Combo or after a non-EX or assist Black Orbiter. This move will never whiff after 5AAA or Black Orbiter unless there isn't enough hitstun left in the combo. Because this move is only available as a follow-up and low hitstun can result in a drop, Bend Sinister cannot be used to end long combos.
3) Vacant Shift Third is the final attack of Hyde's air rekka special move Vacant Shift. As it is his only air option for a knockdown and is his most damaging meterless option for ending combos, this is the move Hyde will use most for oki. The final hit can be used early on in a combo to link into 5A for further attacks so don't use this for oki if hitstun is still plentiful. Normally provides time for a meaty on wake-up but if Hyde uses the grounded version and the opponent is high enough, Hyde can get safe-jump oki off of this move.
4) Vacant Shift - Sediment is the EX version of Vacant Shift. This version isn't a rekka but it deals much more damage thanks to its minimum damage modifier while being unable to be interrupted by bursts. While this move's frame advantage is also influenced by Hyde's distance from the ground, it isn't affected by the opponents height, always has a greater frame advantage than the normal versions, and always provides safe-jump oki if the ground version is used. Costs 1 bar and incurs a 180 frame meter build cooldown.
5) Pale Bringer Arose is Hyde's go-to super for ending ground combos thanks to the fact that it always drags opponents to the corner and guarantees safe-jump oki. Incredibly easy to combo into, does tons of minimum damage, cannot be bursted, and has identical frame advantage regardless of how it connects. While it Costs 2 bars and incurs a 180 frame meter build cooldown, this move should be used to end combos whenever possible.