Jump Startup: 4F
Backdash Time 23F / Invul: 1-7F All
- 1 Overview
- 2 Normal Moves
- 3 Universal Moves
- 4 Skills
- 5 Extra Skills
- 6 Partner Skills
- 7 Distortion Skills
- 8 Distortion Skill Duo
- 9 Astral Heat
"Get a load a' these mooks!"
Labrys is a gynoid robot who developed a personality and then was immediately traumatized, causing her to develop a shadow once thrown into the TV world of Persona 4, who served as the main antagonist of the first Persona 4 Arena title. Through the events of P4A, Labrys was able to overcome the trauma of her past with the help of the Investigation Team from Persona 4 and obtain her Persona, Ariadne.
Labrys is a rushdown character who has large buttons and several frame traps who focuses on gaining axe levels to hit the opponent with massive damage. Her 236BC super and fully charged 214BC super are the two heaviest damaging supers in the game. While most of her mixup options are negative on block, they can be covered with assists and made to convert into both high damage and strong okizeme.
Special Gauge - Axe Icon
Labrys has a special axe icon on the left of Skill Gauge which changes in level depending on how often you attack with moves that utilize Labrys' axe (this includes blocked attacks). However, it will slowly decrease if you don't attack and decreases even more if you get hit or do not attack with a move that swings the axe. The levels are broken down into the following colors with 1 being the lowest, 5 being the highest:
- No Color (Gray) > Blue > Green > Yellow > Red
The higher the level of the Axe Gauge is, the more damage she does. Once you reach her red axe level, she gains the following special properties in addition to extra damage:
- Under Red Axe, Labrys also does significantly more chip damage when in resonance, through all of her normals and specials, including non-axe normals such as 2B and 5B.
Before we go into how you should manage Labrys's axe level, let's go over how her levels increase and decrease and other factors to note when playing as Labrys.
- At the start of each match, the axe gauge starts at level 3 (Green).
- Getting hit will cause the axe meter to deplete, and can even go down to level 2(blue) and can completely empty out the gauge, bringing it to level 1 (gray)
- The axe gauge will always drift to a level 3 (green) status, so even from maximum axe meter (glowing red axe bar) you will slowly lose axe meter until it gets to green as long as you're not hitting the opponent
- Using certain special moves will build the gauge faster then normal moves such as Guillotine Axe.
- Persona normals such as 2B and 5B will not build axe meter
- Both of Labrys' supers will cause her axe gauge to deplete (except when she does the tag version of her super after her partner)
- Labrys loses axe meter while tagged out, but this can be slowed by using her 4P and 5P, both of which build small amounts of axe meter on hit/block
Labrys' Axe management is not as much of an issue as it was in the Arena games. Labrys has several routes both with and without assists to go from green-to-red that also double as giving her air guillotine enders which allow her to also get good okizeme.
5th Gen Axe Slash
|5th Gen Axe Slash
B/C Chain Knuckle > 6
EX Chain Knuckle
|EX Chain Knuckle
EX Followup Attack
|EX Followup Attack
Winch Dash > C
EX Guillotine Axe
|EX Guillotine Axe
EX Aerial Guillotine
|EX Aerial Guillotine
Weaver's Art: Orb
Weaver's Art: Beast
|Weaver's Art: Beast
Distortion Skill Duo
P during Main Character's Distortion Skill
|Weaver's Art: Inquisition