|"My, you're good. Let's keep this pace up and go for the next!"|
|Lore:||Makoto is a squirrel beastkin very well known and liked by friends and acquaintences for her cheerful and energetic personality. She is one of Noel and Tsubaki's best friends, who she met during her enrollment in the Military Academy. After graduating, Makoto once worked for the NOL's Intelligence Division under Hazama. However, when she eventually learns the truth behind NOL, Makoto leaves the organization, setting out to find her best friend Noel after finding out about the danger she is in.|
Makoto is a rushdown character that thrives on fast normals to stuff you, along with a spooky moveset.
There are not many positives things to say about Makoto in general. A good TLDR is that you will see other characters doing oppressive things that you can't.
- mashable normal (5A) that leads into very good damage
- an ok anti-air
- small and weird hurtbox that act as a MU combo proof test to the opponent
- 9f dp that is the fastest (except one counter dp being faster)
- slightly better than average runspeed
- assists that have very very niche uses and are mostly combo tools. 4P is not Ruby 4P, 6P is not Akihiko 6P, 5P is ok but there are so many other interesting assists Makoto doesn't have
- stubby/t-rex normals that are crippling against zoners and top tier character
- cannot reliably protect assist call with good normals ala Nine 5B
- the moves that are “good” with her aren’t as oppressive as they could be when comparing to other moves some other characters have in this game (9f fullscreen specials, sword normals)
- her dp has many, MANY flaws
- you need good assists against esport characters to make up for her lack of ways to get in, otherwise it will not even be a fight
- Makoto doesn’t skip neutral the way other characters do (huge normals into assist blockstun into 50/50 mix and you loop it again)
Makoto's Impact Drive allows Makoto to charge up some of her punches. When charged, the attack will be buffed, trading increased startup for better combo-ability and frame advantage.
Since 2.0, you can hold the button all the way and it will come out level 2, even if you don't stop holding. Although you cannot overcharge anymore, this allows to active switch out of a drive move much more easily than pre 2.0. This effectively added many moves Makoto can think of active switching with instead of previous lvl 1 version which were useless.