|Overview||Combos||Strategy/Counter Strategy||Full Frame Data|
Mitsuru is a midrange offensive character that uses normals such as 5A and 2A and Coup Droits to enforce/pressure in order to setup her infamous instant jB overhead backed up with an assist.
|"What's wrong? Out of stamina?"|
|Lore:||Mitsuru is the leader of the Shadow Operatives, a group of persona users formed after the events of Persona 3 for the purpose of fighting shadows.|
|x32px Mitsuru Kirijo|
- Rivals Ragna's 5A in terms of horizontal space
Not safe point-blank. Can be cancelled into 2A be made safer in point-blank or somewhat closer spaces.
- 5AA has slightly less range than 5A
Every followup after this button is significantly punishable and not applicable in pressure at all for this character. Usually you do them(except the whip ender!) for confirming or resetting after you get the hit as they are jump cancellable and special cancellable(A Coup Droit)
- Can direct Mitsuru back/forward by inputting 4B or 6B respectively. Can make quite a few Reversal Actions whiff if opponents try to pushblock late in between 5A/2A into 4B
- A buttons can gatling cancel into this move and works as a natural frametrap against players who like to disrespect with their own 2A/4As or those who assume you are tick throwing and attempt throw tech.
-7 but at max ranges most characters are unable to punish if this is blocked.
Debatable on the value of 5BB is as equal to 5B in pressure, but -4 situation is slightly better if not for the fact that pushblock exists and you end up whiffing.
5BBB is combo filler mostly that does corner carry if you're not already using Coup Droit in your midscreen combos.
- One of the few P4A characters with a 5C that is safe on block.
- You don't want to be doing this over IOH jB though.
- Her primary pressure starter on block. Can be layered into many other scenarios such as IOH jB, tick throw, fuzzy jump callouts(by doing multiple 2As), gatling cancel into B/C normals, etc
- Hits low and reaches longer than most character's pressure starters.
- Can only cancel into itself 2 times.
- Jump Cancellable on block or hit, one of the few in her entire kit
- Launches on hit for air followup
- Primary DP/Burst punish starter at point-blank ranges.
5B is a decent anti-air button overshadowed by jA, but still has its uses. Niche use in pressure with jump cancel property, however multiple A normals will push you back far enough that this will whiff a lot of the time(at point blank: 2A 2A 2B vs 2A 2B)
- Will snag an aerial opponent with Artemisia's whip, pulling them back to the ground
2BB is combo filler. Easy for the opponent to burst into unless it's late into the animation of the whip pulling back such that you're able to input Bufudyne(214BC) in reaction.
- Safe on block
- Low profiles many horizontal spaced pokes such as Ragna 5A(useful to use at roundstart in this MU)
Seen as a blockstring ender most of the time. It's the opponent's turn, but with the special cancel window being somewhat long in this move, it's easy to frametrap players taking their turn back by cancelling into A Droit(236A) late into 2C's animation.
- Jump cancellable on hit or block
j.A's active frames are longer than most traditional air-to-airs so coupled with its horizontal space and start-up frames, this doubles as a defensive/offensive air-to-air plus good anti-air button.
- Jump cancellable on hit or block
j.AA is good for keeping opponents blocking until they land when they block a jA
- Jump cancellable on hit as of ver 1.5
- Gatling cancels back to jA on hit
- 3 ways to convert off of IOH jB: using your assist, having Marin Karin(214A) connect after you do the IOH, or using Bufula in the corner as your opponent techs into it after knockdown -> performing IOH after.
Infamous instant overhead(16f startup if done as soon as you leave the ground!) along with it being her primary air-to-ground/jump-in normal. Also her combo ender for burst safe confirms involving jA~jAA.
- Freezes Mitsuru's aerial momentum
- If whiffed, you are vulnerable until landing.
- Pulls opponent out of the corner, useful for creating CC sandwich setups as your assist in CC will pass through the opponent when activated between the first and second hits of jC.
- Niche lockdown tool for Active Switching.
- At it's lowest heights, this move is plus on block but not plus enough to create an actual blockstring(meaning you can reversal out of it).
Move that covers about 2/3 of the screen at a ~110 degree angle. The hitbox is at the tip of the whip. Useful for beating horizontal projectiles as well as extending combos. You can usually land and hit the opponent with a 5A/2B on hit.
- Special/Super cancelable on the final hit
- 100% minimum damage
5A+D (air OK)
- The hitbox behind this DP isn't very big. Don't expect it literally cover everything.
Decent anti-air DP.
- Air versions is a combo ender primarily.
Much like the ground version. This can be blocked in the air, however, so remember to cancel into this as an ender ASAP.
- Frame advantage up to -2 at maximum distance
- Air hit knocks the opponent away. Standing hit leaves them standing however
- Easy corner carry when coupled with 5BBB in midscreen confirms
Forward moving special. A version primarily used to cover ground quickly. Can be used to create reset mixups due to its properties on standing hit.
- Frame advantage up to +7 at maximum distance
- Knocks the opponent away regardless of standing or air hit.
- For midscreen confirms, this is her primary combo extension and also her corner carry.
236B is seen more often in neutral play by virtue of being plus. Can be reacted to by neutral jumping or super so learning to not be predictable in where you place this is very key.
- Slow travelling projectile
- Actually a hitting move, now, rather than a status effect.
- Steal 2.5% meter on hit; Gain 5% meter on hit
Two words: hit stun. This thing isn't exactly godlike damage wise, but hitting with Marin Karin will allow you to combo into almost anything. Cancelling into this from your normals is fairly risky, but happens to go unpunished often a lot due to conditioning from frametraps, assist coverage, instant overhead, etc.
- Traps the opponent in ice for a moment before shattering and damaging them
- Opponent is unable to burst if they get caught
- Good for Active Switch left/right mixups as this reaches far enough that many reversals cannot catch Mitsuru.
You cannot call assists during this move once it connects, and assists called beforehand will not hit the frozen opponent. If you're quick, you can call an assist and quick change before the move connects in order to extend your combo.
If you hold down the assist button during this move after it hits, your assist will come out on the first possible frame.
EX Coup Droit
- Range coverage is comparable to Coup Droit A but just slightly more.
- Frame advantage up to +1 at maximum distance
Her fastest move in her kit. If you want call out fake pressure with this character, this is your move.
- Stops projectiles
- Hits up to three times; Advantage calculated at point blank cast
Moves forward slightly after summon. Decent lockdown tool, but most of the time you use this to stall during neutral to stop horizontal moves from reaching you.
- Fast horizontal coverage, wall bounces on hit for easy confirms.
- Projectiles disappear if you active switch to Mitsuru
- Very long Active Switch window that still exists even after her projectiles are sent out.
- Not the best anti-air 4P, but it gets things reasonably done as a move to use as a meaty on opponent's wakeup in the corner.
- More slashes at Resonance
Multi-purpose utility super. Due to it's lightning fast startup and decent range, this works perfectly as both a combo ender and a high damage reversal (though her other Distortion deals far higher damage and has more invul frames as a reversal).
- Big vertical and horizontal range at Resonance.
- Startup freezes movement briefly, but opponent can still block between the startup and the hitbox activating.
- Sends the opponent up and away, which can make hitting some DHCs afterward difficult.
Your big damage super. It covers a decent amount of the screen vertically and horizontally in Resonance.
Distortion Skill Duo
P during Partner's Distortion Skill
- Has a big hitbox, meaning it will hit after most other supers.
- Tracks the opponent
|To edit frame data, edit values in BBTag/Mitsuru Kirijo/Data. Be sure to update both the |
- Azrael [★]
- Celica A. Mercury [★]
- Es [★]
- Hakumen [★]
- Hazama [★]
- Iron Tager [★]
- Izayoi [★]
- Jin Kisaragi [★]
- Jubei [★]
- Mai Natsume [★]
- Makoto Nanaya [★]
- Naoto Kurogane [★]
- Nine the Phantom [★]
- Noel Vermillion [★]
- Platinum the Trinity [★]
- Rachel Alucard [★]
- Ragna the Bloodedge [★]
- Susano'o [★]
- Nu-13 [★]
Click [★] for character's full frame data