|"Seriously, Don't say I didn't warn ya"|
|Lore:||A foreigner from another world.
He possesses a unique power, the "Eye of the Hunter,"
that allows him to see the life-force of living beings.
With a strong sense of justice, he can't ignore people
who are in need of help and always rushes into situations
without thinking much about the consequences.
Naoto is a rushdown character with a variety of skills that can close the gap between him and his opponent.
Although the reach of his normal moves are short, he is able to bring the fight to close range with his unique abilty the "Enhancer."
- High solo damage potential.
- Great neutral control via long-range normals and specials.
- 4P assist is a great anti-air
- Has a really strong pressure game thanks to some of his safe on block moves combined with his dash cancelling.
- Combos have lots of corner carry
- Some of his longest reaching attack require him to charge them first.
- Aside from his longer reaching moves, the rest of his tools are quite stubby.
- Due to his stubby normals, neutral can be hard sometimes.
Naoto's drive allows him to manipulate his own blood and transform it into a variety of different melee weapons, and even the head of the Black Beast itself. When using a Bloodedge move, Naoto can charge the attack by holding down the B button to improve the attack in various ways like damage, range, frame advantage, and stun. He can also dash cancel any grounded drive attack at any point during the charge, opening up opportunities to use Enhanced special moves mid-combo.
Acting as a sort of second drive, Naoto's specials and supers get buffed ifthey are performed while he is in a neutral state or in the middle of a dash. This is the mechanic that defines Naoto, more so than even Bloodedge, greatly improving nearly every aspect of his kit through massive corner carry, versatile oki, intense pressure, and ludicrous combo damage.