Due to the changes to her Spell system from her home series, Nine has went from being an oppressive force that can control 100% of the screen to being a bit more limited and defensive in nature. Given the time and the right setup, however, she can easily begin to snowball due to her still impressive slew of Spells.
While she lacks a run, her unique movement in her teleport dash allows her to force opponents to whiff attacks and disorient them, while each of her variety of attacks gives her a host of options to deal with many situations that could threaten her. While on point, Nine can take advantage of her partner's assists to begin taking advantage of her variable spell system and bombarding the opponent with spells left and right. As an assist, she lends valuable aid with a powerful anti-air, a 2-hitting charge that works well for cross combos, and a large, delayed projectile that tracks along a good portion of the screen.
If there were one glaring weakness in the Phantom's options, it would be that she is best only at mid-ranges during neutral situations. Her normals are significantly slower than most, leading to her struggling if the opponent gets too close. Still, with the wide array of spells, potential for high damage, and even unblockables at her disposal, this witch has the ability to grind anyone under her heel.
- Rather long range on her spells and normals.
- Two anti-airs to help discourage jump ins, if 4A is blocked she can continue into a blockstring.
- Has an unblockable setup in the corner, that also leads into safe jump and catches all techs.
- Variety of spells can make her pressure and active switch abilities dangerous.
- Possess a variety of okizeme options, due to the variety of tools at her disposal.
- Possesses the ability to Teleport, which allows creative mixups and mindgames. The Teleport also provides invulnerability at certain times.
- Her normals absorb projectiles, and her 214C is fully invulnerable to them
- Centers around a defensive, cautionary style of play, due to naturally slower nature of the character.
- Features a medium difficulty floor, and high skill cap.
- Slower nature of the character leaves her vulnerable to being abused.
- Poor mobility.
- Tall Hurtbox.