As she is no longer a charge input character, Vatista is now less of a zoner and more as a balanced fighter that can function well in most ranges. Her specials are projectiles that offer options for a multitude of situations, allowing her to cover herself with a slow projectile orb or punish opponents with a instant beam. Projectiles are not the only thing that Vatista excels at, as her normals have a excellent balance of speed, range, and ease of use due to their multi hitting nature, while also having the unique traits UNIB characters have of being able to reverse beat their normals, giving her more pressure options. She does, however, struggle to convert much damage off her combos with or without assists, requiring smart meter usage to deal any significant amounts.
|"Neither one of us is a human... Thus, I will perform your last rites, and proceed."|
|Lore:||Unit 10076, assigned name "Vatista," is one of the last remaining Autonomic Nerves - a set of ancient biological weapons created over 1,000 years ago for the sole purpose of destroying the Void and monitoring the Hollow Night. With the ability to operate without food or sleep, Vatista will completely and efficiently wipe out any beings that consume large amounts of EXS during the Hollow Night, regardless of whether they be a Void or an In-Birth. Being a robotic automaton, Vatista lacks what most people would consider common sense, having difficulty grasping the reason for clothing when Hyde tried to explain it to her and not understanding the implications of standing in a single public spot for an entire month. As an Autonomic Nerve, Vatista carries a powerful variety of abilities through her use of telekinesis and photokinesis in addition to her scorching "Crimson Wings," which Vatista can control and attack with at breakneck speeds.|
Vatista's main strength in a team will be her ability to lock down opponents due to her excellent assist calls, and her ability to pressure opponents when bought in giving your more damaging character time to heal red health.
- She has really good hitboxes and pretty fast startup
- Her lasers are fast and cut through most projectiles
- She cannot be counter hit, allowing her to take less damage and avoid CH specific situations.
- She has useful support skills like her 4P for anti-air or her 5P to lock your opponent in hit/block stun
- She is very good as a point or anchor
- She has an amazing dp with excellent range
- Has decent comeback potential in resonance
- Active Switching or Tagging out a partner after any of her orbs will make it so that they won't disappear if you get hit or you block
- She does not have much mix other than her tk.j.C and tick throws
- She lacks good anti air option, the only one she has is her DP
- Low combo damage
- Lasers are very punishable when not done at fullscreen, but can be punished by some fullscreen supers
FLS of Binding: Restriction
Vatista's FLS has one very simple effect: it prevents her from being counter hit. This means that counter hit only routes don't work on her and helps her recovery from trades faster, possibly allowing her to convert the trade into a full combo.
Note that in training mode, the force counter hit function will override her FLS.