|Overview||Combos||Strategy/Counter Strategy||Full Frame Data|
Yuzuriha is a zoner that excels at playing the mid to long range game. Her huge normals coupled with 236A/B/C allow her to control a large portion of the screen. Because she is able to cancel 236A/B/C into teleport with 4A/B/C on both hit and block, she is also capable of easily getting in and initiating pressure from nearly full screen. This coupled with an assist gives her a terrifying mixup game as she can safely left-right from anywhere.
She is very reliant on assists in order to make her mixups safe and more difficult to see. She herself also has rather mediocre assists. Because of this she is definitely much more useful as a point character.
- Decent range and speed, a nice round start option is to hold 6 and move forward while doing it.
- Jump cancelable on block
5A is pretty reliable but not as quick as other jabs. You can also use this after a 5BBB in the corner if Yuzu is low enough.
Usually after you see 5AA you should know if you got the hit confirm, although rebeat makes almost everything safe anyways.
5AAA has lots of forward movement which makes this portion of the autocombo useful for going in for close range BNBs. Otherwise, this move is risky if pushblocked. }}
- Last hit of autocombo, her old 4B, sadly, not a counter anymore as its in an autocombo, but you don't use it much anyways as it scales pretty meh.
Like most 3rd or 4th hits in autocombos, it doesn't have much noticeable use.
5B can be used as an anti air, but its not a great one at that. is also used for routes that pick up after a 236[B] or with 2/5A in the corner.
5BB is combo filler mostly.
Last hit of her B autocombo can be used in the corner for a pickup after j.BBB.
Like all uni clashes, its safe on block. it does have a pretty nice hitbox so it won't likely give you the "gord" 5C problem. aside from her teleport Yuzu doesn't have too many mixups either, so it could be good to use sparingly.
- A nice poke
- Cannot be rapid-fired
- Jump cancellable on block
You usually want to save this as an option to jc and keep pressure going.
- Equal to the 5BBB string, except they don't share the same re-beat counter and 2B hits Low
- Also a decent roundstart option
- Yuzu's sweep
- Hits twice
- Not Jin 2C tricky, but close enough
A rather long sweep, it can be cancelled on the first hit for certain height dependent combos.
- Main air to air
Pretty good range for poking airborne opponents, a good move overall.
- Combo filler
Used in certain combos that go for delayed 236X routes.
- Another decent poke
If low enough to the ground, you can go into 5A, this can also be used to buffer the stance install. Otherwise, it is advised to go for j.BBB loops and delaying either j.B or j.BB for consistency.
- j.BB is Combo filler
- Causes wallbounce
j.BBB has its uses as a primary combo extender; due to the last hit of this string causing a wallbounce meaning you can now get multiple reps out of this
- An overhead, but easy to see coming.
You will rarely see this, as it cant even be used as an air combo ender in most cases.
- A throw, easy to pick up after.
P U N C H
Multi-layer One Ring
5A+D (air OK)
- Moves Yuzu forward and jumps a little. Can help with escaping the corner
- Does NOT passes through the opponent when blocked and lasts long to punish, meaning it's pretty unsafe on block.
The hitbox lingers a bit and is rather large so you can catch people who aren't careful. On the other hand, if you aren't careful then you just threw yourself at them for a free punish.
Second Type: Bloom
236A/B (air OK)
Yuzuriha slashes forward with her katana. While decent range, the slow recovery makes it incredibly risky to use if whiffed. All three versions of the attack can be followed up with 4A/B/C
A: Attacks in front of her, despite it being slightly aimed upwards.
B: Anti-Air version that attacks upward.
Similar to her ground version, Yuzuriha slashes the air at high speeds with her katana. It is also still incredibly dangerous to whiff. Air versions can also be canceled via 4A/B/C
A: Attacks straight ahead of her
B: Attacks downward
236X * 3
Automatically performs ender after doing three 236X in a row. If in stance before you start, then does a longer, ender that's very useful for Active Switch combos.
Second Type Flowing Form: Flowing Bloom
Bloom > 4A/B/C
- Good for fakeouts
- A slashes em from the front
- B slashes em from the back
- C slashes em from above
Can be DP'd or jabbed by certain characters if they blocked the 236X.
Yuzuriha teleports behind the enemy and above (if she's the ground) or on the ground (if she's airbourne).
214A/B/C (air OK)
- Values in <> are when done from stance
- Vaules in  are when holding the button. Yuzuriha enters stance afterwards.
- Slow if not in stance
- 214A teleports in a set distance in front of the enemy. Good for fakeouts.
- 214B teleports behind the enemy. Useful for cross ups in cross combo.
- 214C teleports above and behind the enemy. Elbow em from above
- j.214C teleports to the ground and behind the enemy.
Stance of Mighty Qi and Quiet Heart
Hold A/B/C after Bloom
- BBTag Yuzuriha ShiftMove.png
- Her movement is heavily limited, can only teleport.
- Autododges projectiles.
Here we have the thing that makes Yuzu a point for zoners. By doing 236[X] after a slash or her 236 super, she can enter stance. Stance gives her a faster teleport (only once), faster slash (along with a follow up), and teleport dashes. It's usually beneficial to enter stance after a combo.
Specials that can enter "Stance of Mighty Qi and Quiet Heart":
- Third Type: Sever
- Second Type: Bloom
- Succession Form: Successive Bloom
- Flowing Form: Flowing Bloom
- Bloom Ender
- Multi-layer One Ring (follow-up version only)
- Over Here!
- Second Type: Raging Bloom
EX Second Type: Bloom
236C (air OK)
- Can be used to threaten opponent, deals unrecoverable damage like all EX skills
Costs meter but goes fullscreen, making it a great tool to punish those not careful.
- Good range
- Can use cross combo to go into itself
An overall reliable assist. Has the privilege of being tall and also doing two hits even on on block, meaning slightly better lockdown than some assists.
Second Type: Bloom
- Useful for when 4P won't cut it.
Yuzu does a single slash that wall bounches and is pretty long, but wont reach fullscreen. What's useful about this assist is that it is rather disjointed, meaning that if Yuzu is far enough away, she is pretty safe while still attacking from a distance. If you push sideways she will move with the screen as she swipes, so it can technically take up more stage space without taking up more of a given screen.
- Knocks the opponent into the air.
- Can not pick up from the ground.
Like most 4Ps, the opponent cant tech after being hit, unlike most 4Ps, its range is rather poor.
Second Type: Raging Bloom
236B+C (air ok)
- Can enter stance if you hold a button.
Rather long range but less damage than Luster Birth, good for happy birthday scenarios or hitconfirming in the air.
Secret Skill: Luster Birth
- If blocked, Yuzu will continue up to the repeated slashes but will not trigger the animation for the final part of the attack.
If the first two hits whiff, she wont finish the animation and be left wide open.
Distortion Skill Duo
Secret Skill: Luster Birth
P during Partner's Distortion Skill
Zeroth Type: Life Crimson
- Goes about fullscreen
- Use astral the second they start falling, of it will whiff.
Can be combo'd into from A or C 236 slashes.
|To edit frame data, edit values in BBTag/Yuzuriha/Data. Be sure to update both the |
- Azrael [★]
- Celica A. Mercury [★]
- Es [★]
- Hakumen [★]
- Hazama [★]
- Iron Tager [★]
- Izayoi [★]
- Jin Kisaragi [★]
- Jubei [★]
- Mai Natsume [★]
- Makoto Nanaya [★]
- Naoto Kurogane [★]
- Nine the Phantom [★]
- Noel Vermillion [★]
- Platinum the Trinity [★]
- Rachel Alucard [★]
- Ragna the Bloodedge [★]
- Susano'o [★]
- Nu-13 [★]
Click [★] for character's full frame data