- Long reaching, easy to confirm normals.
- Good meterless / assist-less damage output. Makes him a character that's solid in any position in nearly any team comp.
- Has a very useful assist both for extending combos and blockstrings.
- Strong + on block special move.
- Not as limited movement-wise as you'd expect from a grappler his size. Benefits from system mechanics for his archetype.
- Can easily create 50/50 mixups and okizeme with his moves, including whiffing his air throw depending on opponent's position and version used.
- Has a large hurtbox due to his big size.
- Lacks a better horizontal projectile attack, making his far-ranged neutral lacking.
- Builds extremely low amounts of meter compared to other characters.
- His level 3 is a command grab, which can be avoided by jumping, making it less useful as a reversal option than other level 3s.
- Not many effective true blockstrings; requires heavy conditioning.
- Has almost no ability to happy birthday opponents, requiring more effort vs. a single character with him to finish matches.