Android 16 is a hardcore grappler, but unlike your traditional grappler he is surprisingly mobile thanks to DBFZ's universal mechanics not being lost on him. Predictably, his gameplan largely revolves around getting in the opponent's face and making them guess whether or not he's going to grab them or frametrap them. With large sweeping normals and a low 2L, 16 can run a vortex on the opponent very easily. Not only that, he has an anti-air command grab which is always nice. Lastly, his assists are pretty good.
Android 16 has a somewhat higher skill barrier than other characters, due to his optimal damaging combos generally using advanced tech like the universal rejump, and not knowing these will stifle Android 16's damage greatly. You'll also need to learn how to tick throwA throw done after attacks, as soon as throw invulnerability expires on the opponent, making it very hard to react to and escape from. into 236L if you want to make the opponent afraid of you. Prepare to lab a bit if you want to play him.
|"My power was made to protect that which is precious."|
|Lore:||Originally created by Dr. Gero for the express purpose of killing Goku, Android 16 would go on to become his ally instead during Cell's rampage. Developing a fondness for nature and animals, he would fight to protect the birds and the forests from Cell. He was destroyed, but not before playing a part in helping Gohan awaken to the state of Super Saiyan 2 before Cell snuffed him out.|
Android 16 is a grappler who can break through his opponents' defenses with powerful command grabs and mixups.
- Big Range: Long reaching, easy to hit-confirm buttons.
- Mobile Grappler: Benefits greatly from system mechanics for his archetype.
- Command Grabs: 236L is a very fast grab that's handy in blockstrings, j.236H is an unblockable lariat-style move, and 214H is also the fastest anti-air in the game.
- Strike Armor: Has strike armor embedded into his heavy normals, allowing him to truck through several attacks.
- Requires Assists: Pitiful damage and neutral without assists.
- Abysmal Meter Gain: Builds extremely low amounts of meter compared to other characters.
- Stagger Potential: Almost all normals are unsafe on block, preventing him from doing any stagger pressure.
- Blockstrings: Cannot true-string into safe blockstring enders without gaps or additional resources.
- Poor Assist Punish: Almost no ability to "happy birthday" opponents due to his combo structure.
- Whiffing Ki Blasts: His ki blasts are committal and have high recovery.