|Overview||Combos||Strategy/Counter Strategy||Full Frame Data||Discord|
This section is still being written. It may be wildly inaccurate or missing significant data.
Please feel free to make edits, but include edit summaries and sources where applicable.
Android 17 is a fast, heavy mix-up based character that possesses a combination of various mobility options and rekka moves that grants him an overall constant pressure, fantastic mix-up and unorthodox combo routes that lead to very high damage. Check out "drivers" section to obtain better knowledge about his unique ability.
|"Let's have some fun. This is a game, after all."|
|Lore:||Android 18's younger twin brother. Forcibly turned into a cyborg alongside his sister by Dr. Gero for the purpose of destroying Son Goku, he rebelled and killed Dr Gero with little effort. Despite being free from the doctor's demands, both 17 and 18, along with the reactivated Android 16, continued in their task in killing Son Goku just for the entertainment. 17 was then absorbed by Imperfect Cell, but was later revived by Shenron after Cell's defeat. With Goku gone and the world at peace for the time, Android 17 became a park ranger in order to preserve nature and wildlife. Many years later, 17 finds himself with the Z Fighters again after being recruited by Son Goku to join in the Tournament of Power as one of Universe 7's strongest warriors, with 17 ultimately winning the tournament as the last remaining fighter.|
|Android 17 operates using speed and dizzying consecutive attacks that render opponents frantic.|
- 5L is a basic jab with good vertical range, but with very poor horizontal range
- A17's 5LL dashes a good bit forward during this move
- Has pretty short start up, allowing for 2L to connect with 5LL even if 5L wiffs.
- Is one of 17's best combo starters.
- A17's 5LLL Lunges forward and strikes with both his fists.
- Is considered airborne during this move and thus is invulnerable to crouching moves.
- Tracks the opponent's direction.
- Lunges forward at medium range to reach opponent.
- Good move for setting up rekka combos and pressure
- Mash or hold S to shoot all 6 Ki blasts.
- One of his few and best neutral tools.
- Can be canceled into rekka, allowing for some sweet superdash bait.
- Hits low and can be done twice.
- Incredibly short range for a 2M, however pushes 17 forward slightly to make up for it.
- Actually a good move now to use in blockstrings thanks to the added j.214X and j.236X Specials. You get a solid mix with this now
- Difficult to combo in to normally.
- Universal overhead.
- Can be followed up by 2H/5H.
- Scales like an 'L' normal (Thanks a lot, Cell).
- 17's farthest reaching normal.
- Hits at round start range.
- Shrinks 17's hitbox, allowing him to pass underneath certain air attacks and beams/ki blasts
- Has very poor range, but if timed precisely can stop superdash.
- Mashing after acrobatic assault allows 17 to stay close to the opponent while hitting him in the air.
- Hits at medium range.
- Doing after Acrobatic Assault won't stop the momentum.
- 5LLLLLLL Smash hit can wall bounce.
- j.H Smash hit causes a sliding knockdown.
- Mash or hold S to do all 3 hits.
- Highly valuable combo tool in corner sparking combos.
- Has enough hitstun to combo into superdash in the corner and among certain circumstances midscreen.
- Builds ridiculous amounts of meter sparking.
- Has a surprisingly big hitbox.
- Can combo into j.S in certain circumstances.
- Very similar to A18 2H.
Combo filler, clean and simple. Makes up a core component of his Slide Knockdown combos midscreen and post smash air combos with assists in the corner.
- L dashes forward and attacks, starts a Gear string.
- All versions have Anti-Air property.
- M and H versions can hold down the button and act as fake outs.
- M dashes fullscreen. Combos from 5H.
- H crosses over the opponent even in the corner, then attacks.
- When done after a barrier punish, holding it will result in a fast reset that will leave 17 plus right in front of his opponent, and since 17 travels an incredible distance in a second, the screen transition can confuse the opponent.
- Sways back before rushing in with identical properties to 236X. However, Driver follow-ups can be used before he dashes forward.
- 17 can even cancel into Accel Driver during his spin, combine 214H with 236L/M for a sneaky left/right mixup.
236S or 214S (Air OK) Driver > 6S or Driver > 4S
- Jumps onto the current wall and bounces back. Bouncing back animation can be cancelled into attacks. Air version can only be performed once until landing.
- 214S jumps backward, 236S jumps forward.
In the corner, 236S + Assist will spawn them at the edge of the screen and push the opponent out of the corner.
Power Blitz Charge
22S or Driver > 2S
- Both of 17's hands have hitboxes during the initial portion of the charging animation.
- Launches on hit.
- Charges on frame ??.
22S after Charge (Air OK) Driver > 2S after Charge
- Causes a sliding knockdown on hit.
- Throws 2 balls downward. First ball arcs up while the second arcs down.
- Air version perfroms a fast fall after shooting.
- Loses charge on frame ??.
Gear attacks can cancel into one another even on whiff and in any order, with each Gear being able to be used once per Gear string. Gears can be also be cancelled into any other Special Moves as well, with one extra restriction: Accel Driver and Finishing Driver can only be used once per Special string.
If no direction in inputted, the order is: Top Gear > Second Gear > Low Gear.
Driver > 5L/M
- Very useful and quick frame trap.
All M Gears deal more damage and have more range than L version, with the extended range varies between moves.
Driver > 6L/M or j.236L/M/H
- Despite being an overhead attack, it doesn't have head property, meaning the move can't be 2H'd/anti-aired.
- Has an abhorring 60% initial proration, whereas other rekka moves have 70% when used as a combo starter.
- M version has enourmous range.
- M version can be combo'd into in the corner at low hitstun decay. Smash hit causes a sliding knockdown.
H version can be combo'd anywhere on screen with j.LLS > j.236H. Smash hit causes a ground bounce sliding knockdown, which can be extended with other Gears.
Driver > 2L/M
- M version doesn't have as much range as the other follow-ups.
Driver > 4L/M or j.214L/M/H
- Jumps forward and then fast falls down.
- Just like the overhead, the M version travels almost fullscreen.
- Air versions
- L jumps forward, M jumps backward, H falls in place.
In a blockstring, 2H > j.236H vs 2H > j.214H~2L is a simple high/low mixup.
Driver > 5H/S
- Press L/M/H/S to trigger the attack. Smash hit causes a wall bounce.
- Barrier on its own cannot cancel into other follow-ups.
- S version can only cancel into the attack after absorbing a hit. Gains 25% Ki gauge each hit absorbed.
- H version can use Ki Blast follow-up at any point. Doesn't gain meter from successful block, but can guard against Supers.
- Does barrier > Ki Blast followup, absorbed hits don't give any meter.
- Barrier activates at the 10th frame.
- Wall bounces on hit with really good hitstop and hitstun.
Power Blitz Charge
- Only does the charge.
- Point 17's Power Blitz will be charged after this assist is used.
- His first two hits of the rekka sequence.
- Even being a blockstun type C-assist, it has anti-air properties in his first hit, which makes it a little bit better than the others of it's kind.
- Tracks opponents, though it remains on the ground.
- Teleports behind
- Just like Cooler, DHC early will keep you on the same side while still get reduced damage, but 17 will still appear behind the opponent.
- KOing with this causes a kneeling animation.
- Minimum damage 891. Non-cinematic version has minimum damage 708
- Slow startup so Sliding Knockdown pickup is hard in some cases
236H+S (Air OK)
- 17 covers himself in a barrier and rushes forward the opponent, covering all the screen.
- The ground version corrects 17's position and puts him in the same height as his opponent.
- Fully invulnerable from frame 1.
- This is 17's DHC Super.
- Minimum damage 817. Non-cinematic version has minimum damage 708.
- Gives SKD, even in the air.
Super Electric Strike
214L+M or 214H+S (Air OK)
- Ground version makes 17 jump back a little bit.
17 releases a lot of energy from his body into his arms, which allows him to create a giant disk of energy that can take up most of the screen in all directions. As a projectile Level 3 attacks, the damage is mediocre, but it doesn't scale as much.
|To edit frame data, edit values in DBFZ/Android 17/Data. Be sure to update both the |
- Android 16[★]
- Android 17[★]
- Android 18[★]
- Android 21[★]
- Broly (DBS)[★]
- Captain Ginyu[★]
- Gogeta (SSGSS)[★]
- Gohan (Teen)[★]
- Gohan (Adult)[★]
- Goku (Super Saiyan)[★]
- Goku (SSGSS)[★]
- Goku (Ultra Instinct)[★]
- Goku (GT)[★]
- Goku Black[★]
- Kid Buu[★]
- Majin Buu[★]
- Master Roshi[★]
- Super Baby 2[★]
- Vegeta (Super Saiyan)[★]
- Vegeta (SSGSS)[★]
- Vegito (SSGSS)[★]
- Zamasu (Fused)[★]
Click [★] for character's full frame data