|Overview||Combos||Strategy/Counter Strategy||Full Frame Data||Discord|
This section is still being written. It may be wildly inaccurate or missing significant data.
Please feel free to make edits, but include edit summaries and sources where applicable.
Cat Venom in a game with Superdash. Weird normals. Weird pressure. Good in the right hands. WIP.
|"Surely you knew what would happen if you challenged a God of Destruction."|
|Lore:||Beerus is the God of Destruction for Universe 7, whose duty is to destroy planets so new ones can be forged. After having a vision showcasing a being known as the "Super Saiyan God", he traveled to Earth, home of the few remaining Saiyans, to find this being that could rival his power. In travelling to Earth, Beerus met Goku and, in so doing, engaged in a duel of epic proportions with the promise that his victory would spell the end of Earth. Even after defeating Goku, however, he had spared the planet, for he had come to enjoy the cuisine and, whether he will admit it or not, had grown attached to the mortals of Planet Earth.|
|Beerus utlizes orbs for setplay like no other being.|
Beerus can summon purple Ki Blast-property projectiles also called cataclysmic orbs onto the screen that explode when they collide with the opponent. The orbs don't interact with one another, but can be knocked around with normals and specials (excluding Vanish). When hitting an orb with any normal attack that's not 6M, 5S, j.S, Beerus can cancel it into specials or Supers, even if neither the orb nor the normal made contact with the opponent.
- Orbs slowly descend and will disappear if they touch the ground, after 300F (315F if they've been hit), if Beerus blocks, gets hit, tags out, triggers a cinematic with Dragon Rush or Supers
- Only 3 orbs can be on screen at the same time (except from 236S), spawning a new one will despawn the earliest one
- While traveling after being hit, orbs have bigger hitbox, higher damage (500 → 700), and will bounce against the ground and walls
- 5L is very short range.
- Sends Cataclysmic Orbs a short distance forward.
Flicks the opponent, good for pressure.
- 5LL can cancel into 5M or 2M to keep the gatlings going.
- Sends Cataclysmic Orbs upwards.
The clap of doom. Somewhat useful for up-close pressure, but the clap has ridiculous range and an equally ridiculous hitbox, making 5LL in neutral a great way to poke.
- 5LLL slides about half screen forward before attacking, crossing the opponent up if they are in range.
Can be punished by a fast normal as Beerus is crossing over, so don't use this move predictably.
- Headbutt, good for pressure and can be jump-cancelled on hit.
- Sends Cataclysmic Orbs down and forwards, making them groundbounce.
Due to the short dash before the hitbox comes out, hitting orbs with it can be awkward.
- Considerably short range for a 5H.
- If used in the corner, it will push Beerus back a set distance.
- Sends Cataclysmic Orbs a long distance forward very quickly.
Because you can special cancel into more orbs with this, 5H can be used to rapid fire orbs.
- Sends Cataclysmic Orbs a short distance up and forward.
- Whiffs against small characters.
- Solid crouching normal, good for pressure with 5L.
- Slides about 3/4s of the screen VERY quickly.
- Can be used in conjunction with assists for cross under setups when the opponent air-techs.
- Tracks the opponent BEFORE attacking, meaning the hurtbox comes out long before the hitbox.
Phenomenal combo tool, but suicide in neutral.
- Does a handstand for an anti-air. Moves forward an extremely tiny distance before going backwards.
- Short horizontal range.
- Hitbox does not extend behind him despite the animation.
- Keeps him on the ground which allows for better cancel options as well.
- Sends orbs a long distance up and forward.
- Beerus sneezes up a Cataclysmic Orb.
- Contrary to other orb summons, this one sends the orb floating up and forwards in a zigzagging manner.
- Can cancel into itself two additional times on whiff, creating three orbs.
- Hitting the orb will increase orb damage to 700 and increase size for just an instant.
Can be useful during blockstrings, such as to bait Super Dash. Best to use Vanish to cancel the recovery if the enemy is about to throw out a beam. Can be used after 5H in a blockstring to safely leave an orb on the field for Beerus shenanigans.
- Universal standing overhead. Can start combos if you have an orb set near the opponent.
- Jumping downward jab.
- Sends orbs a short distance forward.
Good as an air-to-air and jump-in.
- Upward kick.
- Sends orbs a medium distance up and forward.
Decent air-to-air and combo filler.
- 5LLLLLLL Smash hit can wall bounce.
- j.H Smash hit causes a sliding knockdown.
- Sends orbs a long distance down and forward.
Downward kick, great for jump-ins and IAD pressure.
- Hold down the button to fire all 4 blasts.
- Can combo into j.214X in midscreen combos.
- In Sparking!, can cancel j.S (3 ki blasts) into airdash for more damage.
- Dragon kicks through the sky.
- Great in the corner for knockdown into 214M.
- Decent getaway button to run from the opponent.
- Sends orbs flying forward and slightly upward.
- When canceled into j.236X, Beerus will keep his momentum and be sent forward fairly fast afterwards.
Sphere of Destruction
236L/M/H (Air OK)
- Cataclysmic Orbs are classified as weak projectiles, beaten by superdash and other projectiles.
- Hold the button down to bring out the orb(s) without the kick.
- Hitting orbs will increase their orb damage to 700 and also their size for an instant.
- Aerial versions make Beerus recover early when held, making him available to perform any air option.
- Aerial versions set up for decent oki after 214M, most potent at the corner.
- All orbs disappear upon blocking or taking damage.
Not as useful outside the corner as simple projectiles handle orbs quickly, and beams outright destroy their setplay.
- L summons an orb in front of him. The followup kick sends the opponent down if he's airborne.
- On block and at point-blank, there is a 1 frame gap between the orb and the kick.
- M summons an orb above him. The followup kick wallbounces the opponent if near the corner.
- Used as a combo extender in the corner.
- One of the few attacks in the game that is plus on block.
- Beerus recovers midair after kicking the orb, allowing a high/low mix-up. Works best in the corner.
- H Summons both the L and M orb, kicks both if not held.
- Hold up or down to kick only one of the orbs.
- Smash versions wallsplat. Down kick Smash groundbounces AND wallbounces.
God of Destruction's Rampage
214L/M/H (Air OK)
- First hit ground bounces. Smash on the splash.
- Leaves Beerus airborne afterwards, allowing for any air option available.
- 214X's hitboxes do not match its visuals. Beerus needs to be next to his opponent for the move to connect.
- Has some uses in corner combos.
L version is a true blockstring from M and H normals; this allows Beerus to do a 50/50 high/low by airdashing afterwards. Best used with an assist to leave it gapless.
- Smash hit ground bounces into SKD.
- Air version can be comboed after j.S(1) anywhere on screen.
M version allows SKD oki at the end of every combo.
- Smash hit big ground bounce into SKD.
- Aerial version is the same as 214M, but does not track full screen like 214H.
- You can combo with 214H/j.214H solo if you've saved your air action, making this a pretty good combo tool.
H version can be used as a surprise "in your face" due to its speed; on block, you can get a 50/50 high/low situation with an assist.
Spheres of Destruction
- Despawns all current orbs and spawns 6 new ones.
- Every new orbs will despawn at most two of 236S, starting from the top row to the bottom.
Best used on a cornered opponent to limit their options on wake-up. Very susceptible to beams otherwise.
God of Destruction's Wrath
214S (Air OK)
- Invincible during startup. Guard point during active. Can beat beams on reaction.
- Shoots 5 Ki blasts in front of Beerus and 5 behind him.
- Doesn't protect Beerus from throws and supers.
- Covers almost every position except directly above or underneath him.
- Damage and advantage vary with position.
Among the fastest reversals in the game at 9 frame start-up, but has weaknesses due to losing to options a regular DP would not.
Sphere of Destruction
- Very fast start-up.
- Uses something like 236H. First hitbox is 2 ki blasts, second is a kick.
- Orbs disappear as soon as Beerus leaves or gets hit.
Mostly used to put opponents on block post-superdash on their way down, much like how DP assists are used but doesn't share the anti-air invulnerability they have. Best used this way as the opponent cannot guard cancel/reflect on their way down to the ground. This virtually makes the assist keep the opponent in significantly more blockstun than it actually has, because of it's 2 hits with their own individual blockstun. The opponent can always reflect after they block the ki blasts if they're grounded, even if the CPU doesn't GC reflect properly for some reason.
Even though the opponent can reflect out of the ki blasts, you can override this by A) doing any physical hitting move, removing their ability to reflect (eg blockstring > Assist + SD, cannot be reflected) or B) doing a throw in anticipation of their reflect.
With the addition of 2 orbs in season 3.5, some combos become more difficult due to the orbs sometimes sending people in different directions (eg the opponent can be sent straight up, sideways, or even straight downwards).
Not the best tool for neutral, as the orb can be easily bypassed.
God of Destruction's Rampage
- Causes ground bounce on hit.
- Blockstun is 27 frames if only the first hit connects, and 24 frames if only the second one does.
A reliable combo filler for characters who need the ground bounce in their combo. Not particularly useful otherwise.
God of Destruction's Wrath
- Much more range than the point version.
- Has invincibility after the teleport.
Fills the entire screen, making it an incredible neutral tool. Arguably better than most C assists due to Beerus's indiscriminate and omnidirectional firing.
236L+M or 236H+S (Air OK)
- Minimum damage is 30*15, 360.
- In the air, use L+M to shoot straight forward or H+S to shoot downward.
- Always deals set amount of hits and damage.
- Follow-up can be activated before the 16th hit.
Can set-up Goku's Super Spirit Bomb from anywhere.
- Press another button to explode the ball.
- Minimum damage: 800.
In order to maximize damage, try to get as many hits as possible before activating.
God of Destruction's Judgment
214L+M or 214H+S
- Minimum damage: 1824.
Beerus flicks the opponent with incredible force. Fundamentally similar to Trunks's Heat Dome Attack, being a command grab with very high damage, but also being very easy to avoid (can be evaded by jumping during the superflash).
If done on Goku Black or Zamasu (Fused), he will try to use Hakai instead. Successful Hakai animation plays out if their health is at 1824 or lower, regardless if it's gonna kill or not. Failed Hakai pushes Beerus further out of the corner, but gives him with 3 whole extra frames of advantage (from +41 to +44).
Note: Training Mode display will show Hakai doing an extra 50000 damage after they're downed, this doesn't affect any actual gameplay, as damage dealt during transitions aren't applied and doesn't give any extra meter.
|To edit frame data, edit values in DBFZ/Beerus/Data. Be sure to update both the |
- Android 16[★]
- Android 17[★]
- Android 18[★]
- Android 21[★]
- Broly (DBS)[★]
- Captain Ginyu[★]
- Gogeta (SSGSS)[★]
- Gohan (Teen)[★]
- Gohan (Adult)[★]
- Goku (Super Saiyan)[★]
- Goku (SSGSS)[★]
- Goku (Ultra Instinct)[★]
- Goku (GT)[★]
- Goku Black[★]
- Kid Buu[★]
- Majin Buu[★]
- Master Roshi[★]
- Super Baby 2[★]
- Vegeta (Super Saiyan)[★]
- Vegeta (SSGSS)[★]
- Vegito (SSGSS)[★]
- Zamasu (Fused)[★]
Click [★] for character's full frame data