Broly is both a zoner and a grappler, a combination fitting for the Devil. Broly's neutral and pressure makes him perhaps one of the most terrifying opponents in the game, as he can effectively control any space on the screen with his armor and projectiles. Broly's 5S is an unholy zoning tool, much larger than other ki blast projectiles, beats other ki blasts, and can be aimed upwards to stop people from escaping. But it's when Broly gets close where he's at his scariest. Terrific frame data, an armored tick throwA throw done after attacks, as soon as throw invulnerability expires on the opponent, making it very hard to react to and escape from. with 214L and a tiger kneeable air grab, Broly can easily grapple and frametrap opponents. Even on the defense, Broly is far from helpless thanks to his armor and Lariat Express. Broly's major weakness is his damage as his armor normals scale his damage immensely, and he requires a lot of meter or assists. If you like not letting other people play the game or otherwise making them feel bad, Broly is a must-play.
Note: Commonly referred to as Z Broly by the community, to differentiate him from the other Broly.
|"My power is rising. It's overflowing!"|
|Lore:||The Legendary Super Saiyan born with a power-level of 10,000, Broly was considered too dangerous to live by King Vegeta, and was condemned to be executed alongside his father Paragus. In an act of sheer luck, Broly and his father survived Planet Vegeta's destruction. In order to live in secrecy, Paragus used energy restraining technology and mind control to keep Broly from rampaging. However, Broly is always triggered by the name "Kakarot", no matter how restrained he is. Causing chaos everywhere he went, he would hunt down Kakarot, the Saiyan that cried constantly next to him in the Saiyan nursery and drove him to insanity. He would be defeated on three occasions: first by Goku (AKA Kakarot), then by Goku's sons, and finally, by Goten, Trunks, and their allies when he was resurrected as "Bio-Broly".|
Broly is a massive brute who uses a combination of powerful blows and command grabs imbued with super armor to bully his victims.
- Mobile Grappler: Benefits greatly from system mechanics for his archetype.
- Neutral Skip: Outstanding neutral with big normals, high priority Ki Blasts, counter-zoning tool Powered Shell, many armored moves, and an anti-air grab in Gigantic Strike.
- Mix-ups: Strong stagger potential with fast command grabs make defending against him an absolute nightmare.
- Consistent Scaled Damage: Broly trades high damage on big punishes for high, consistent damage on all other openings, especially when combined with Gigantic Meteor or Limit Break.
- Resource Reliant: Requires resources for his stronger options and damage output.
- Size: Broly is more susceptible to random hits than others, and 5L can whiff on smaller characters from afar.