- Pressure Monster: strong mixup and pressure game, many of his specials are safe on block and can lead to tricky resets, as well as being able to set up very long blockstrings that can be mixed up in various different ways. 236H is +1 on block, allowing him to maintain pressure solo.
- Small Stature: Gotenks' small frame can make it so certain combos do not work on him, and can help him avoid certain moves
- Powerful Assist: A Assist has arguably has the highest peak utility assist in the game; can be used to extend certain combos, get meterless sliding knockdowns and snapbacks, and has nifty block pressure with it's absurdly high amount of blockstun.
- Okizeme: Gotenks has incredible okizeme with 236H+S, allowing Gotenks to set up incredible pressure or reset scenarios for 1 bar.
- Snap Pressure: Gotenks is one of the few characters in season 3 to still have post-snap oki thanks to 214H, which allows him to still keep opponents in check with it.
- Poor Tracking: Assist A is not great in neutral, as it's tracking is rather lackluster, which also may hurt it in certain midscreen blockstrings. Also has a skill floor, requiring a bit of labbing to implement in a team.
- Small Buttons: Being small is a double-edged sword. His buttons are a bit stubby, they can easily whiff or be beaten out.
- Resource Hungry: two of his better pressure tools require meter, which can cause him to burn a lot of meter. Mixups without 236H+S or assists present can be a little weak.