- Saibamen: Saibamen give him built-in EZ-bake mixups. Saibamen also stay out when Nappa is hit, potentially saving him from a combo. Makes him arguably the best corner bully, thanks to his high/low tools, relentless blockstrings with Saibamen, and restands. One of the few characters with access to stand resets; allowing Nappa to remove an opponent's tech options after a combo.
- Massive Reach: incredible range and power on normals and specials, dude's got 3 lows now what the actual shit.
- Large Movelist: has a reversal level 3 that can be cancelled into special attacks, allowing Nappa to either start combos at his conditions or add more damage in the cost of 3 bars. Most of his specials can be delayed, which gives them different properties, either being range, damage or mix-up potential.
- Poor Defense: Saibamen go down in one hit, has to start over again getting hard knockdown and planting to get offense going, defense options without a Saibaman onscreen are limited.
- Slow Normals: normals are slower than average,as a neutral best described as "poo." Relies heavily on assists and a really basic handful of moves to get in.
- Needs the Corner: mediocre mid-screen combo options. Struggles to keep offense going without corner, due to rather poor oki options mid screen.