- Saibamen: Saibamen attack freely & separately from Nappa himself, giving him built-in EZ-bake mixups. Saibamen also stay out when Nappa is hit, potentially saving him from a combo.
- Great Corner Game: Saibamen can be used to fill in blockstring gaps in the corner, and can even let Nappa restart his pressure for free. Nappa also suppliments this power by having higher than average damage in the corner compared to the rest of the cast, fantastic mix-up tools, and...
- Restands: Thanks to the unique properties of Saibamen's Spit & Explosion attacks, Nappa is the only character in the game with access to consistent Restands nearly anywhere within his combos. Restands allows him to remove an opponent's tech options after a combo, forcing opponents to play Nappa's excruciatingly difficult mix-game.
- Corner Carry: Has a great 5H that launches the opponent all the way to the screen edge, allowing Nappa near instant access to the corner if he lands it in neutral.
- Mixup Potential Probably the best mixups out of any character in the game. He is able to setup midscreen, 4 way, unreactable mix with the right assists. He also has corner 50/50 mixups that are incredibly difficult to block thanks to his high / low tools and Saibamen.
- Large Movelist: has a reversal level 3 that can be cancelled into special attacks, allowing Nappa to either start combos at his conditions or add more damage in the cost of 3 bars. Most of his specials can be delayed, which gives them different properties, either being range, damage or mix-up potential.
- Poor Defense: Saibamen go down in one hit, and without one of them onscreen, defense options are limited. His DP is not frame-1, and due to his jabs being quite slow, he has difficulty mashing out of pressure.
- Weak Neutral: Has a neutral game best described as "poo." His normals outside of 5H are incredibly stubby, both his 5L and 2L are 7-frames, and his grounded ki blast is terrible for neutral. Because of these faults, he relies heavily on assists and a really basic handful of moves to get in.
- Needs the Corner: Nappa struggles to utilize his Saibamen in his combos mid-screen, and he is incapable of performing his signature air combo extension without the corner. This results in mediocre mid-screen combo options. He also struggles to keep offense going without corner, due to rather poor oki options mid screen.