Piccolo is a mix-up monster with terrifying tricks. The amount of options that Piccolo has on offense makes him one of the most difficult characters to defend against: high/low, left/right, command grabs, you name it he has. His normals are great, especially j.L, and his stagger pressure is solid. Hellzone Grenade is where his mix-up game shines. On block, with a high hitstop assist, it can set up a true 50/50 that's immune to Guard Cancel. Homing Energy Blast, both the special move and assist, is excellent for slowing down neutral and forces his opponent to deal with it somehow. Characters who have strong neutral are especially strong with Reality Stone as an assist. Piccolo is the epitome of a character who has so many options that, even though most of his options are reactable, they're all very strong because an opponent can't look for every mix-up at once.
Piccolo's main weakness is his overall neutral. While his special moves are strong on offense, most of them provide little to no utility in neutral. Reality Stone, while undeniably strong, is a huge commitment to throw out, loses to other ki-blasts, and can be superdashed through. Piccolo also is extremely needy, needing meter and assists for his strongest options. If you want your opponent to suffocate with relentless mix-ups, put Piccolo up in your alley.
|"I'm neither Kami nor Piccolo. I'm simply a Namekian who has forgotten his own name."|
|Lore:||The spawn of the notorious Demon King from whom he takes his name, Piccolo Jr. (also taking the name Majunior on some occasions) was once one of Goku's most vicious rivals. After defeating Raditz, the Namekian warrior would go on to become Gohan's mentor and martial arts instructor, in time also becoming a surrogate father for Goku's son. Thanks to Gohan's influence, Piccolo would renounce his evil ways and become a firm ally of Goku and protector of the planet Earth.|
|Voice:||Japanese: Toshio Furukawa English: Christopher Sabat|
Piccolo is a mix-up monster who suffocates his opponents with every mix-up option imaginable.
- Air-to-Air: Disjointed air buttons allow him to challenge aerial opponents very well.
- Amazing Mix-up: Strong high/low and additional moves such as Demon Elbow, 5S, and j.S, alongside universal options make him difficult to defend against.
- Frame-data: Great stagger pressure, with most of his normals being safe on block.
- Homing Energy Blast: Powerful special move/assist that slows down neutral and forces the opponent to deal with it somehow.
- Supers: Hellzone Grenade enables extremely strong mix-ups mid-blockstring and is great for combo extensions. Light Grenade provides a good okizemeAttacking an opponent about to wake up, usually with meaty attacks or mixups. in the corner.
- Resource Eater: Needs to spend meter to get a sliding knockdown midscreen, and can also be too reliant with resources for damage and neutral.
- Neutral: Has difficulty dealing with strong zoning, particularly against characters who can easily deal with Homing Energy Blast.