Vegito plays like how he acts: cocky, flamboyant, and finding ways to get under your skin; he can get away with it very, very easily too because of how strong he is. Annoying as his reputation makes him out to be, Vegito is still a very scary character to play against. He has tools for almost every situation, and the same tools are what helps him bully his opponent in blockstrings and pressure, plus also pushing him up to having one of the highest damage output in the game. With assists, his pressure and damage get even scarier. His sheer versatility allows him to plan for nearly any situation you throw at him and any way he hits you, he will shatter your life bar. His playstyle heavily encourages conditioning and forcing his opponent into either blocking forever, or risk using a defensive option to escape. The risk/reward in these situations are heavily skewed in Vegito's favor, due to his aforementioned explosive damage output.
However, his mix-up is the definition of basic, his normals have extremely high recovery on whiff, and due to the large Vegito player base your opponents will likely be adept at fighting him. A lot of creativity and risks must be taken in order to open up an opponent with competent defense. If you like high damage, and don't mind being a little ostentatious, then Vegito is a character you ought to try.
|Lore:||The Potara fusion of Goku and Vegeta, Vegito was first created during the fight against Majin Buu, and quickly proved himself to be an excellent fighter. He appeared once again to fight against Zamasu's fusion, this time with the power of the "Super Saiyan God Super Saiyans".|
|Voice:||Japanese: Masako Nozawa/Ryō Horikawa English: Sean Schemmel/Christoper Sabat|
SSB Vegito utilizes his powerful neutral and long-range pokes to bully the opponent into extremely annoying pressure and outrageous damage.
- Excellent Neutral: Huge multi-hitting buttons, a great anti-air grab, and a low-commit spread projectile allow Vegito to dominate the pace of neutral.
- Blockstrings: Vegito has notoriously long pressure that's difficult to escape from thanks to his great frame data on block and the ability to reverse beat into his 2L.
- King of Clashes: Vegito's 5L wins almost every clash situation vs. buttons, and is a dominating force in of it's own.
- Combos: His tools enable lots of creativity in combos that lead into extremely high damage and amazing corner carry.
- Assist Variety: A is extremely good for its hitstun, screen coverage, speed, and B, gives lots of blockstun.
- Start-up: Vegito trades speed for massive normals, making it difficult for him to challenge pressure and 6M situations.
- Mix-up: Only has universal options to open up opponents.
- Mid-screen Knockdown: Cannot naturally put the opponent into the corner from mid-screen without resources or sacrificing combo damage.