- Low barrier to entry, with simple BnBs and straight-forward gameplan.
- Solid toolkit, allowing him to adapt to most situations.
- Terrific stagger pressure capabilities, with 5L, 5LL, 5M, and 2L being safe on block.
- Amazing buttons, with 5L being one of the best of its kind.
- j.S is a great anti-anti-air that leads into high reward on hit. It's also particularly useful in combos.
- Atomic Buster is an all-around fantastic move, acting both as a great anti-air and meterless sliding knockdown.
- Boasts among the highest solo combo damage in the game.
- Versatile supers that deal good damage and are easy to combo into.
- Solid selection of assists, making him a flexible option during team composition.
- High/low mix-up game is basic.
- Fastest normal is 7F, which is one frame more than the average character. Has to take a risk with 214S or reflect in situations where other character's 5L normals would work.
- From midscreen, Vegito cannot naturally put the opponent at the corner he is facing without spending resources due to his combo structure. Once in the corner, you get around this with 2S.
- Normals and counter-pokes have high recovery on whiff.