Contrary to popular belief, Teen Gohan is a rather advanced character with stubby normals and deceptively good neutral. Teen Gohan's goal is to get in the opponent's face using his myriad of specials and make them block Flying Kick, leaving Teen Gohan airborne to enable his fast mix-ups and pressure. Teen Gohan has very high damage and several combo opportunities thanks to his j.2/3S bombs, giving him loops and crazy corner carry. You'll be in awe at Teen Gohan's ability to drag the opponent from corner-to-corner while taking half their health in the process. Although he can struggle at the long range, Teen Gohan has above-average ki blasts, a lariat in 5-Hit-Combo to close gaps, and most importantly, his notorious heat-seeking missile of an autocombo to immediately make the opponent block.
Although Teen Gohan players have a unfortunate reputation for being brainless for abusing his autocombo and nothing else, the character itself is quite the opposite. Teen Gohan asks for a lot of execution to unlock his absurd damage potential, and a big part of his kit requires the player to know when and how to get in. If you desrire a creative and very high execution character with remarkably powerful tools, there are few better answers than Teen Gohan.
|"I don't really like to fight, but sometimes victory is the only option!"|
|Lore:||Named in honor of his father's adoptive grandfather, Son Gohan/Sun Wufan is the firstborn son of Goku. Even as a young child, Gohan possessed hidden reservoirs of power that he could tap into when his anger is stoked. Young Gohan abhorred violence, but always came to the aid of his father and their friends when the need arose, eventually becoming the first to attain the state of Super Saiyan 2 during his battle against the villainous android Cell.|
|Voice:||Japanese: Masako Nozawa English: Colleen Clinkenbeard|
Teen Gohan is a relentless fighter who makes up for his lack of range with explosive damage output and oppressive mix-ups that can subdue careless opponents quickly.
- Autocombo: Famously possesses the best 5LLL set in the game due to its functionality, versatility, mix-ups, and sheer range.
- Power: Boasts some of the highest damaging and flexible combos in the game along with excellent corner carry using bomb loops, and extremely high meter gain.
- Mix-ups: Autocombo/2H sets up 50/50s using medium or heavy Flying Kick when paired with an assist, and has amazing left-right pressure with IAD j.L.
- Reversal: Super Dragon Flight is a DP in a game where meterless reversals are few and far between. The light version is an unscaled anti-air that starts TODs.
- Ground Game: 5S are very fast ki blasts, 5LLL can anti-air opponents, and Teen Gohan also has a lariat in 5-Hit Combo that can lead to big damage.
- Short Reach: Stubby normals (all except for 5LLL) require strong spacing awareness in neutral, and Gohan also lacks a beam property move.
- Aerial Game: His j.S has a bad angle, and j.236X can only be used defensively.
- Needy: Needs assists for combo routes, 50/50s, and neutral in general.