Trunks is a versatile, all-rounder character with many options that benefit both himself and his team, allowing him to fit comfortably on many team compositions. There's very little that Trunks doesn't have, and what he does have is really good. While lacking in high-low mixups, Trunks boasts very strong left-right 50/50s, especially with assists, that allow him to make the opponent think twice about where they're blocking. In Sparking!, these traits are amplified even further, allowing him to become even more tricky for the opponent to keep track of. Trunks is essentially a threat anywhere on the screen, as he boasts options to deal with almost anything thrown at him. However, Trunks does lack in his pressure game at times, as his pressure is not as powerful as some other characters - many of his normals are unsafe, making it hard for him to stagger without sacrificing some space by using 214x (though this can allow him to restore his assists, which is never a bad thing). While his versatility is incredibly strong, it is still important to keep this in mind - as if your opponent catches onto your habits, it becomes very easy for them to break out. Despite this, Trunks is still a very powerful character, and in the right hands he can preform incredibly well.
|"Goku isn't the only Super Saiyan...There's another one right here!"|
|Lore:||In the future, a pair of androids created by Dr. Gero ravaged the Earth. Trunks, the son of Vegeta and Bulma, went back in time in the hopes of changing history so that the devastation he grew up with would be averted. Unfortunately his timeline was not fixed, so he would go on to help fight for the timeline he had created, in order to stop the fearsome Cell. Later, his time-travelling shenanigans would come back to bite him, with Goku Black and Zamasu coming to destroy all he had hoped to protect, and punish him for the divine taboo he had broken.|
Trunks is a quick, momentum-based character who thrives off scintillating offensive pressure and mix-up potential.
- Advancing Buttons: Many normals (5LL, 5M, 2M) have good reach and move Trunks forward.
- Massive Mobility: Cyclone Jump, Shining Slash, and Cyclone Buster all greatly supplement aerial movement.
- Left/Right: 214H and 5LLL in Sparking! offer tons of control and allow for very ambiguous left/right mix-ups, arguably making up for his lacking high/low.
- Space Control: 214S is huge, safe on block, immune to ki blasts, and can also be used meaty. 5S and j.S also blow through most other ki blasts.
- Assist Variety: Trunks' flexibility is superb among team compositions, as both assists fulfill very useful caveats.
- Blockstrings: Cannot true-string into safe blockstring enders solo without gaps.
- Susceptible Mobility: Cyclone Jump, and the start-up of Shining Slash, can be beaten by superdashes and anti-airs if the opponent does not respect them.
- Whiffing Ki Blasts: Ki blasts are committal and have high recovery. The aerial ones also have narrow angles.