Goku (Ultra Instinct), now on referred to as UI Goku, is a defensive juggernaut with a well-rounded kit full of counters and neutral-dominant tools. Striking fear into an opponent with his defense and conditioning, UI Goku can get in and begin tricky pressure. His defensive options range from Secret Sensation, a full-screen counter that grants Goku a punish if he's hit with most moves, Rising Heat, a ridiculously strong DPDragon PunchA move that has invulnerability during its startup, long recovery, and a rising motion. that covers UI Goku's entire body, Embodied Light, an aerial reversal with little recovery, and lastly Unrestrained Will, an invincible wake-up option exclusive to UI Goku. On offense, UI Goku has excellent wide normals, great projectiles, and mindgames with the Unencumbered Mind flip series.
UI Goku's sheer versatility allows him to be placed just about anywhere on a team. An opponent can frequently find themselves afraid to attack and then helpless to escape pressure. Players with more passive-aggressive or defensive playstyles will flourish with the character, but playing him aggressive like a shotoShort for "Shotokan"A character archetype defined by being similar in some way to Ryu from Street Fighter. Shotos usually have a horizontal fireball, an invulnerable reversal, and a forward moving special move. is perfectly fine.
|"You don't stand a chance against me."|
|Lore:||Pushed to his limits during the Tournament of Power, Goku tapped into the powerful mental state of Ultra Instinct in order to compete against and even overpower the titanic foe, Jiren. Through repeated use, Goku manages to complete the form, allowing him to lead his Universe in standing a chance against Jiren. With his mind and body separated, he became agile enough to swiftly evade incoming attacks while fighting purely depending on instinct alone. The form would short out before Goku could knock Jiren off the stage, but ultimately, he won the confrontation and had done enough damage to Jiren so that he and the rest of the Universe 7 team could win the tournament.|
|Voice:||Japanese: Masako Nozawa. English: Sean Schemmel|
UI Goku is a masterful counter character who completely dominates the neutral game with his array of counters and anti-meta tools.
- Autocombo: 5L has an obscene hitbox and range, 5LL shares that while also ignoring low-hitting attacks, and 5LLL can be a potent tick-throw mix-up with 2M.
- Defense: Difficult to approach, zone out and pressure thanks to Unrestrained Will, 22S, 214H, 6H, and an air-OK counter Super that can be used after any of them.
- Powerful Neutral: Multiple defensive options, wide-ranging buttons, and zoning with high priority ki blasts bless him to dominate the screen at will.
- Damage: Easy assist extensions with an aerial Godly Strike in tandem with his multitude of combo tools lead to high damage and simple TODs.
- Tricky Pressure: A total of three lows, two of which can stagger. 214X heavily encourages conditioning, and may allow UI Goku to continue pressure.
- Blockstrings: Cannot true-string into safe blockstring enders solo outside of 5M.
- Mix-up: Without assists, Goku's mix-up is linear and requires layering.
- Resource Hungry: Needs resources to make options safe and maximize moveset.
- Super Moves: Lackluster damage off all his Supers with virtually no okizeme.