Vegeta's incarnation from the Saiyan Saga, often referred to as Base Vegeta by the community, is a powerful rushdown character with many opportunities to open the opponent up and keep them guessing. Vegeta has an amazing grasp of the game; he can play neutral very well with incredible Ki Blasts, fast rocket kicks, and solid air buttons to boot. His stagger game is fantastic, allowing him to create pressure that scares the opponent into trying to escape, which can result into very high damage off of his ki blast loops. This eventually all cycles back into Base Vegeta's powerful vortex; every time he lands a hit, the opponent is found trapped into eating one of many mix-ups, and the possibility of taking significant damage from them. With enough momentum, as well as masterful usage of the character, Base Vegeta has the capability to steamroll entire teams in an oppressive fashion. He has some weaknesses, namely his over-reliance on assists to enable his throttling mix-ups, as well as assists to help him approach. However, most of these weaknesses are alleviated when Vegeta is kept at Point with assists that work well with him.
Players who thrive off having a vast arsenal of mix-up choices as well as an affinity for a relentless playstyle will find playing Base Vegeta second-nature.
|"Be proud. You have the esteemed privilege of fighting a super-elite."|
|Lore:||Regal, egotistical, and full of pride, Vegeta IV is the prince of the fallen Saiyan race, as well as a ruthless, cold-blooded warrior and outright killer. While he is working for Frieza, he secretly intends to obtain the Dragon Balls to grant himself immortality, as well as avenge his race for the abuse it suffered at Frieza's hands. He was one of the most dangerous enemies Earth's defenders had to fight, easily overpowering Goku through sheer force. It took cunning, and a fair amount of luck, to defeat the villainous Saiyan prince and drive him away from Earth, which eventually led him to the truth behind Saiyans’ genocide by Frieza’s hand on Namek. While he perished in his fight against the tyrant, he gave his dying wish to Goku to avenge the Saiyan race. He would later be revived along with all those who died to Frieza, and would begrudgingly settle down back on Earth.|
Vegeta is a strong, relentless character who uses tricky mix-ups and swift movement to create a vortex that opens up his victims.
- Superb Neutral: Incredible ki blasts and great movement with moves such as 236H make up very strong neutral.
- Fantastic Pressure: Many staggers and frametraps make pressure resets simple.
- Mix-ups: 236L, Deadly Knee Drop, and Energy Cutter all put Vegeta airborne on block, enabling very good high/low alongside assists.
- High Solo Damage: Ki blast loops using j.S unlocks elite damage, and 214S buffs both of Vegeta's Supers in damage and also Galaxy Breaker in Okizeme.
- Easy-bake Safejumps Using 2S/j.2S after a j.214M/H knockdown enables safejumps anywhere on the screen.
- Needy with Assists: Assists with sufficient blockstun are required to make his mix-up game properly work.
- Comprehending Mix-ups: Very dexterous, high-APM character, and the player should understand how Vegeta's mix-up options are performed to maximize him.