Videl is certainly an odd case in Dragon Ball FighterZ. Often referred to as the worst character in the game by many, she's a character that bleeds weaknesses that severely hold her back. On top of low damage and somewhat awkward normals, perhaps the most glaring issue is her lack of a Reflect, replaced by a spot-dodge that does not help her in any way, only really giving her access to very specific advantages that can be exploited easily. Videl does struggle in many aspects of DBFZ, but one of the aspects she does not struggle in is her mixups. For all of her shortcomings, Videl is a very strong character when she's able to start mixing people up, especially with assists. She can very much scare people into blocking one way but getting hit the other, and she has solid okizeme all across the screen. This gives Videl some really strong pressure when she can get started, making sure the opponent has to respect her somewhat due to this. While her damage isn't great, her consistent okizeme and ability to set up pressure at least help this a little, giving more opportunities to find this damage and pressure. If Videl gets started, she can mix people up for a very long time. Videl may be an odd choice, but if you like the pressure and underdog status she brings, then she might be the character for you.
|"I wouldn't look down on me if I were you. I can hold my own in a fight."|
|Lore:||The daughter of Mr. Satan, "the world's champion that defeated Cell". After discovering her schoolmate Son Gohan’s secret identity as the Great Saiyaman, Videl got him to train her using a blackmail-type of threat. She then became very strong for a human and developed a liking for Gohan.|
Videl is a mixup character with bad defense and low damage, but extremely powerful vortex options that can suffocate the opponent.
- Human Blender: Great mixup potential; several options available to her at all times.
- Carries Momentum: Good okizeme options and SKD anywhere on the screen.
- Average Neutral: Decent neutral options overall along with a projectile that beats superdash.
- Combo Super: Her level 1 super, Rainbow Storm, can use smash to keep a combo going afterwards. High meter gain helps the super bump her damage.
- No Traditional Reflect: Z-Reflect is replaced with a frankly terrible spot-dodge, crippling her defense and making her easy to roll. Perhaps the worst weakness a character could have.
- Poor Normals: Very bad frame data, several gaps in pressure and unsafe buttons. Awkward air normals enable a few corner combos while limiting all of her other combos. 2H has terrible range, making Videl's defense even worse.
- Low Average Damage: Most of her mixups heavily scale her damage.