|Overview||Combos||Strategy/Counter Strategy||Full Frame Data||Discord|
|Notice:The contents of this page are out of date.
This can be due to patches to the game, or developments in the metagame. You can help by updating it.
Beelzebub is a character that likes to apply his safe ranged pressure at the long and mid range to make his opponent move around which he can then punish them for doing. Because of slow walk and dash speed he has to rely on his unique movement options, teleport and divekick, to navigate the screen. His win condition is forcing the opponent to respect his ranged pressure game enough to where he can push them into the corner and fish for combos or just chip them with his excellent specials and tools.
|"Do you not realize your own frailty?"|
|Lore:||One of the Astrals who invaded the Sky Realm thousands of years ago, long before the War broke out. He was sealed away in Pandemonium until the fallen angel Belial released him from his forced slumber. Obsessed with becoming the supreme being, he wields a substance capable of slaying immortals—chaos matter. And at his beck and call is Avatar, the manifestation of destruction. Sky Realm, Astral Realm, Crimson Horizon—his hands will mold these realms into one so that he may stand above all in creation.|
|Voice:||English: Adin Rudd/Japanese: Katsuyuki Konishi|
|Beelzebub is a versatile hybrid zoning/pressure-based character who forces mistakes out of the opponent with his special attacks and unique movement.|
|Unique Movement Options:||Shadowstep|
- Very solid jab, plus on block, combos into itself, 2L, and also c.M on crouchers.
- c.L > walk throw and c.L > walk c.L are strong options on block.
- Very short reach horizontally and vertically.
- Better starter than c.L but worse frame advantage makes it a rather underwhelming pressure tool.
- Combos into c.L on crouchers.
- One of Bubs' best combo starters.
- High damage juggle filler.
- If delayed, can frame trap from c.L.
- Moves you forward a good bit allowing for better combo options usually.
- Only -2 while other XXs are -3.
- XX(2) > 214M is a frame trap.
- Bubs' only light normal that combos into 214L.
- Has trouble reaching crouchers, making it a bad poke overall.
- Fast startup for its range.
- Combos into 214L if you're close enough and at any range on crouchers.
- Always combos into 214H.
- Solid poke from further ranges.
- has 3 points it can hit. point blank 10 frame startup, midrange 12 frame startup, and the most common range it will be hit or blocked will be 14 frame startup. because of this more often than not it will be -12 on block and -8 on hit
- Very good reward on counter hit thanks to 22H.
- Surprisingly good anti air from afar.
- Slow startup and somewhat short hitbox against grounded opponents make it a bad poke and whiff punish tool.
- Decent reach for a 2L.
- 2L > 2L, 2L > c.L and 2L > 2M are frame traps.
- 2L > 2M and 2L > c.M combo on crouchers, making it a good confirm if you're not in range for c.L anymore.
- Overall strong pressure and confirm tool.
- Great range for the startup.
- Lots of active frames and disjointed towards the later parts of the move.
- Ending a blockstring with 2M leaves you safe and in a good position to special cancel.
- Combos into 214L if you're close enough and at any range on crouchers.
- Always combos into 214H.
- Great poke overall, but slightly lower range than f.M.
- Bub's primary anti-air with a massive hitbox, combos into 22L/H on counter hit, and without counter hit at very low heights.
- Hits in the back too.
- Very vertical but poor horizontal reach, the latter being better covered by f.H.
- Used to combo into 22L/H during corner juggles.
- Sets up for a safejump: on a grounded opponent 2U > regular jump forward + button/ during juggles 2U > super jump forward + button.
- Active until landing.
- Fast so useful during air-to-air scrambles.
- Shrinks Bubs' hurtbox pretty well.
- Does not cross up.
- Very good horizontal reach and active frames, making it your go-to air-to-air poke.
- 3-hit air normal. Once a hit has been blocked, the remaining hits can be blocked low.
- Better than j.M as a long range air-to-ground.
- Easy to confirm into j.214H thanks to the multi hit.
- By far Bubs' best jump-in.
- Somewhat awkward horizontal reach but amazing vertical reach and active frames, making it extremely hard to anti-air.
- Still good as an air-to-air sometimes.
- Won't be plus if used at the very crest of its range, requiring a cancel into j.214X to keep being plus.
Bubs does a teleport forwards. The distance traveled is fixed, but it's fast enough to be plus after landing a throw or an EX move.
- 12 frames until invuln and becomes vulnerable again on frame 28
- A good escape tool out of the corner when properly spaced.
- Can be punished when reappearing by 5L auto-combo if opponent is at its travelled distance.
- You can run after both throws and meaty the opponent with a 2L.
- Forward throw > 5U leaves you at an advantage right next to the opponent at the cost of a sideswitch.
- Forward throw leads into a safejump with regular jump + button in the corner.
- Back throw has less frame advantage than forward throw so you can't safejump after that one.
- Fast air-to-air leading to a very solid knockdown which lets you dash in and meaty.
- One of the better universal overheads.
- Extremely high reward on counter hit with c.H.
- Used to counter hit opponents anticipating a throw thanks to its airborne property.
- Dodges low hitboxes very well.
- Good reach.
- Positive if blocked late enough into the active frames.
- You can combo into it after 22H.
Black Flies 
236X or 5S
Beelzebub's projectile. All versions can be charged and made plus, making it a cornerstone in Bubs' ground pressure game. Having access to plus frames at a distance also helps his poking game, as he can continue pressure with M buttons and f.H while fishing for counterhits.
- L version fires 1 feather and can be charged to make it hit twice.
- M version fires 7 feathers stacked vertically dealing 2 hits, can partially charge for 3 hits and fully charge for 5 hits.
- H version fires 1 feather dealing 1 hit then 7 feathers stacked vertically dealing 2 hits, can partially charge for 5 hits, and fully charge for 8 hits.
Langelaan Field 
623X or 6S
Bubs' invincible reversal. Hits all around him but doesn't have much horizontal range in front of him. Has poor speed, smaller hitbox than visual, and very punishable. The field can hit opponents jumping over him, and if it does, it throws the opponent over and in front of him.
- L version: faster version.
- M version: delayed version.
- H version: as fast as the L version and air unblockable which makes it a guaranteed anti-air depending on the opponent's character. Can lead to a corner safejump if you hit the opponent high enough with it.
214X or 4S
Bubs' combo filler special. Good to space with and provides a knockdown anywhere.
- L version: hits in front of Bubs, great for ending combos and controlling space, chips a surprising amount of health and a good pressure ender since it is safe. Can be rolled through if the opponent is far enough. as well if you 5U after and they backtech or don't tech you are plus.
- M version: slower than L, hits low and wall bounces on counterhit in the corner making it a frame trap to be respected. Safe on block.
- H version: fastest 214X, low and wall bounces on regular hit in the corner. Safe on block.
22X or 2S
GRAVITY ORB. Pulls grounded opponents towards Bubs, and plus if spaced. Active frames also destroy projectiles, but has to be used preemptively because of its slow startup. Also pulls in aerial opponents in hitstun, so it's good for juggles. This move goes on cooldown for non-EX and EX moves for a period of time as well even if you use the technical inputs. Has about an 5 second cooldown for regular, non-EX input. and a 12 second cooldown for EX
- L version hits right in front of Bubs and pull from about 1/3 of the screen.
- M version pulls from about 2/3 of the screen.
- H version has the same speed as L version and same range as the M version, but is always plus on block.
Be aware that if the grounded opponent happens to have any hitbox active, they can hit you with it as you reel them in. Overall a bad special to throw out, but can turn the tides as a hard callout. Mainly used in combos.
j.214X or j.S
Mid-hitting divekick. Cooldown is also tied to ground 214X.
- L version: somewhat fast but reactable, has to be blocked at knee level to be +.
- M version: very slow and almost always +, used to bait 2H anti-airs.
- H version: very fast, and almost always +, very solid neutral and combo tool used for whiff punishing and skipping neutral in general. On hit, this dive is automatically Followed with a launching wing slice which can combo into 236236H for big damage in the corner. Can help push opponents into the corner from mid-field.
236236H or 236S
- Can be held for increased damage at close range.
- Leads into okizeme in the corner.
- Can anti-air and catch a jumping opponent, in range of the super being held.
214214H or 214S
- Command grab super which happens 0 frames post super flash, meaning the opponent cannot jump it on reaction.
- Opponent is absorbed and then carried across the screen.
- Best done after safejumps and dash 2L/c.L.
- Invulnerable and can be used as a very short range reversal the opponent cannot escape post super flash.
- Can be used on your wake-up if opponent is right next to you, is risky.
Super Skybound Art
236236U or 236S+U
- Summons forth pillars of thorns from the ground in a linear fashion, starting from close to Bubs and reaching until the end of the screen.
- Hits the entire height of the stage.
- Slow and can be dodged, making it a bad reversal.
- On cinematic hit, leads into okizeme.
|To edit frame data, edit values in GBVS/Beelzebub/Data. Be sure to update both the |
Click [★] for character's full frame data