Controls from beta website: https://versus.granbluefantasy.jp/en/closedbeta/playguide/rules/
|This page is a work in progress and will be subjected to change upon release if needed.|
Granblue Fantasy Versus uses the ordinary fighting game layout, with 8 Directions and 6 Buttons, which are:
- L = Light attack
- M = Medium attack
- H = Heavy attack
- U = Unique attack
- S = Skill
- G = Guard
- Press G to perform an evade, which avoids all attacks except throws for a few frames.
- Press G to perform an crossover, which moves you forward, and avoids all attacks except throws and lows for a few frames.
- Press L, M or H to perform an attack. Note that the attacks will change depend on your current state, and the distance of you and your opponent.
- Press U to perform an Unique attack, which varies between different characters.
- Input M+H to perform an overhead attack, which must be blocked high.
- To perform a throw, input L+U. This can also be done in the air.
- To perform a special, input an direction and press S. There is also Technical commands that also allows you to perform a special, and has the benefit of faster cooldown.
- Skybound Art Deals more damage than regular skills.
To perform a Skybound Art, you need to have 100% Skybound gauge. Then you can input S or H to perform a Skybound Art.
Note that some characters may have more than one Skybound Art.
Super Skybound Art
To perform a Super Skybound Art, you need to have 100% Skybound gauge, and your HP is 30% or lower. Your lifebar and Skybound gauge will turn blue if you fulfill the requirements, and your characters' icon will flash white.
Then you can input S or U to perform a Super Skybound Art.
To guard against high attacks, simply hold back. To guard against mid attacks, hold back or down+back. To guard against low attacks, hold down+back. If you guard incorrectly, a single "!" will appear over your character if you incorrectly block a low, and a "!!" if you incorrectly block a high.
If you block right before the opponent's attack touches you, you performed a Instant Block, which has the benefit of gaining more Skybound Gauge.
To break a throw, input the throw command (L+U) as soon as you're being thrown. If you break a throw a bit too late, then you will receive a little damage.