Controls from beta website: https://versus.granbluefantasy.jp/en/closedbeta/playguide/rules/
|This page is a work in progress and will be subjected to change upon release if needed.|
Granblue Fantasy Versus uses the ordinary fighting game layout, with 8 Directions and 6 Buttons, which are:
- = L = Light attack
- = M = Medium attack
- = H = Heavy attack
- = U = Unique attack
- = S = Skill
- = G = Guard
(See Evade for detailed explanation.)
- Press G to perform an evade, which avoids all attacks except throws for a majority of its duration, with some recovery.
(See Cross-Over for detailed explanation.)
- Press G to perform an crossover, which moves you forward, and avoids all attacks except throws and attacks that hit low for a majority of its duration.
(See Rush for detailed explanation.)
- Press M+H to consume 50% of the Skybound Gauge to Rush forwards, gaining strike invulnerability from the 4th frame after activation. This move is not projectile or throw invulnerable, but can be cancelled into from L, M or H normals.
- Performs the animation for the character's autocombo while carrying the opponent forwards. Can only be special cancelled if Rush was performed as a cancel from a normal.
- Cannot be performed while in Overdrive.
(See Backshift for detailed explanation.)
- Press M+H to consume 50% of the Skybound Gauge to perform Backshift, a backdash with full invulnerability on startup. The recovery portion of Backshift will be higher for some characters.
- Cannot be performed while in Overdrive.
- Press M+H+G to consume 100% of the Skybound Gauge to go into Overdrive. This action is invulnerable on startup, and can only be performed once per round. Once performed, Overdrive grants the following benefits:
- Attacks (except Skybound Arts and Super Skybound Arts) deal 25% more damage.
- Your character's normals deal chip damage.
- You become immune to chip damage.
- Your character's Universal Overhead becomes two frames faster.
- The penalties for Simple Input Skills are removed.
Overdrive will last for the entirety of a round (99 in-game seconds) if not hit - but being hit will cost a third of that time. Being hit three times will cancel Overdrive.
- Press L, M or H to perform an attack. Note that the attacks will change depend on your current state, and the distance of you and your opponent.
- Press U to perform an Unique attack, which varies between different characters.
- Input M+H to perform an overhead attack, which must be blocked high.
- To perform a throw, input L+U or L+M. This can also be done in the air.
- To perform a special, input a direction and press S. There is also Technical commands that also allows you to perform a special, and has the benefit of faster cooldown.
- Skybound Art Deals more damage than regular skills.
To perform a Skybound Art, you need to have 100% Skybound gauge. Then you can input S or H to perform a Skybound Art.
Note that some characters may have more than one Skybound Art.
Super Skybound Art
To perform a Super Skybound Art, you need to have 100% Skybound gauge, and your HP is 30% or lower. Your lifebar and Skybound gauge will turn blue if you fulfill the requirements, and your characters' icon will flash white.
Then you can input S+U or U to perform a Super Skybound Art.
To guard against high attacks, simply hold back. To guard against mid attacks, hold back or down+back. To guard against low attacks, hold down+back. If you guard incorrectly, a single "!" will appear over your character if you incorrectly block a low, and a "!!" if you incorrectly block a high.
Using the G button will force your character to enter a guard animation, but you must still enter crouch state manually to block lows. The G button also has these following properties:
- Blocking cross up attacks for you instead of forcing you to swap directions like with manual blocking.
- Slightly extending your hurtbox.
- Locking all movement beside standing/crouching and attacks beside throw.
- Cannot Instant Block without manual direction.
If you block right before the opponent's attack touches you, you performed a Instant Block, which has the benefit of gaining more Skybound Gauge. Instant block has no other properties aside from gaining more gauge (will not reduce blockstun or chip).
To break a throw, input the throw command (L+U or L+M) as soon as you're being thrown. If you break a throw a bit too late, then you will receive a little damage and be put at a major frame disadvantage.
Throw break cannot be performed if you're holding , or .
You can recover from a knockdown by inputting a button and direction to get up. Down + button gives neutral recovery, back + button gives backwards recovery. Not pressing any button will leave you on the floor (no recovery). Recovery options can be slightly delayed upon being knocked down to throw off your opponent's timing.
Note that recovery options are not available when you are hit by moves that cause the "Down" state (hard knockdown).
Air recovery is automatic and will happen if you are in the air when hitstun ends. Unlike ground recovery, you are unable to control when or what direction you tech in.
To perform a Taunt, input H+U. To prevent accidental taunting, it can be turned off in the button configuration settings.
Click [★] for character's full frame data
• HUD • Controls •
• Movement/Canceling • Offense • Defense • Gauges • Attack Attributes •
Detailed & Advanced Information
• Damage/Combo • Frame Data & System Data • Misc •
• Patch Notes •