|Combo Notation Guide|
NOTE: This page is currently under construction!
|Combo||Position||Tension Gain||Works on:||Difficulty||Notes|
|combo transcript||where||Net Gain||who||Very Easy|
|combo transcript||where||Net Gain||who||Easy|
|combo transcript||where||Net Gain||who||Medium|
|combo transcript||where||Net Gain||who||Hard|
|combo transcript||where||Net Gain||who||Very Hard|
- 5P > 5K > 2S > 2D
- Sometimes you're just not close enough to get 2H to connect.
- 5P > 5K > c.S > 2S > 2H > 623H (Extend)
- The full chain is actually very unlikely because the total knock back tends to put them out of 2H range. 5K > 2S > 2H or 5P > c.S > 2S > 2H are more likely.
- 5P > 5K > c.S > 2S > 2H > Hammer Fall Break, j.P > j.K > jc.Aerial Potemkin Buster - 25% Tension
- TK with 63214'7'6D to get additional corner carry. In the corner you can follow up with 5P > c.S> jc.APB.
- 5P > 5K > c.S > 2S > 2H > Hammer Fall Break, j.P > j.K > jc.j.K > j.S > j.D
Gets more damage than the previous Heat knuckle version, good corner carry and a solid knock down. Don't forget to keep the initial chain short to make sure 2H does not whiff.
- 5P > 5K > c.S > 2S > 2H > Hammer Fall Break, Super Jump Forward j.P > j.K > j.S > j.D
On characters too light or otherwise incapable of being hit by the previous combo this will get the same knock down with just one less j.K.
- 5P > 5K > c.S > 2S > 2H > 632146H > Follow up... - 50% Tension
The full chain is actually not possible on most of the cast, again you should usually keep it short. Even at point blank it won't work on any of the light weights and some strange hitboxes. Follow ups are character and screen position specific. Bullet, 5H/2H > 623H is often available.
- 6K > 2D
- 6K has a fair amount of knock back and not much in terms of gatlings so sometimes going straight to 2D is the best you can get. Cancel 2D into Hammerfall break to get better oki. On Faust only you can 2D > 623H.
- 6K > Hammerfall(FRC), 5H/2H > 623H
Very very tight. You must immediately begin charging hammerfall right after you input the 6K and swing immediately straight to 6H when the hitstop (not to be confused with hitstun) ends. Why do this when it is so painfully difficult? Besides the greater combo potential with meter, Hammerfall's armor absorbs bursts. You can even hammerfall frc hammerfall frc etc to kill someone with a burst.
- Counter Hit 6P , (f.S) > 2S > 623H
- 6P's a great anti-air and this gives you plenty of time to confirm the CH. This is an easy pick up you can do from a 6P CH confirm without committing to a jump. 2S will work on opponents of any weight in almost any combinations of jump heights and distances. Be careful not to 2S too Early off of a CH 6P as it might go under them.
- Counter Hit 6P , j.H |> c.S/f.S > 623H
J.H needs to come out close to landing but before your opponent hits the floor (some guys fall fast!). Works on most characters (not Johnny) on a grounded CH. Also works on anti air CH against characters that aren't too light. Careful, anti air some combinations of heights and weights give you a c.S when you need a f.S.
- Counter Hit 6P > 632146H ...
You can super cancel late by doing 6321467H to confirm the 6P.
Counter Hit 2H
- Counter Hit 2H, 2H > Heat Knuckle (Extend)
- Counter Hit 2H, f.S > 2S > 2H > Heat Knuckle (Extend) (If you're in the corner it will be c.S instead, but the combo is otherwise the same.)
- Other Combos
- Late j.S or j.H |> c.S > 2S > 2H > Heat Knuckle (Extend)
- A j.S or j.H thrown late is the only thing that's likely to give you a ground combo.
- On some characters, in the corner, you can squeeze in a 5K upon landing for a little extra damage.
Counter Hit j.S
- Counter Hit j.S |> Heat Knuckle (Extend)
- Counter Hit j.S |> walk forward 6P > j.K > j.S > j.H |> 5P > 5S > Heat Knuckle (Extend)
Works on most mid weights and light weights. The goal of walking forward is to make sure the heat knuckle lands. The purpose of the 6P is to raise their height so time it at the top of their arc. On lighter characters the j.H can be very slightly delayed to get them to drop farther. On some hit boxes ( like Zappa) you can 5P > 2S instead for less damage and more reliability.
- Counter Hit j.S |> Giganter -> Bullet... - 50% Tension
- j.S has great ground bounce and untech time on counter hit, giving you a ton of options. These just happen to be the easiest.