Defense Modifier: x1.12
Guts Rating: 4
Weight:  Light
Stun Resistance: 55
Jump Startup: 3F
Backdash Time 16F / Invul: 1-8F
Wakeup (Face Up/Down): 25F / 21F
- 1 Overview
- 2 Learning Baiken
- 3 Normal Moves
- 4 Universal Mechanics
- 5 Special Moves
- 6 Overdrives
- 7 Instant Kill
- 8 Navigation
Baiken returns to Xrd reworked into a high-risk high-reward power character with a solid mix of high-damage offense and good defensive space-control, but just like in her earlier appearances her key strength is her versatile defense and her ability to counterattack while blocking. With a successful guard cancel that leads into reliable okizeme and dangerous mixup, Baiken is a credible threat with huge potential for massive comebacks. If left unchecked, Baiken can keep pressure on the opponent through her variety of offensive RPS tools, crank RISC and quickly snowball out of control.
However, Baiken is a glass cannon with a gameplan based around reading what the opponent is going to do and dedicating herself to stopping that motion. Since her parry leaves her in counter hit state, an unsuccessful Azami can be devastating, especially considering Baiken's low stun resistance.
Strengths and Weaknesses
- Azami is a special form of guard move which negates all damage Baiken would take from an attack and can cancel into one of a number of follow ups.
- Tsubaki - A guard cancel which is unique to air Azami. A counter attack which launches the enemy away on hit.
- Kikyou - A guard cancel which is unique to air Azami. A counter attack which spikes the enemy down towards the ground on hit.
- Suzuran is a command dash which has a guard point and can be canceled into one of a number of follow ups.
- Below is a list of guard cancels which can be done after a successful Azami or Suzuran.
- Kuchinashi - A guard cancel attack which launches Baiken upwards.
- Mawarikomi - A command step which can be used to switch sides, or evade attacks.
- Sakura - A stationary stab which knocks the enemy away, and is invulnerable out of Azami.
- Rokkonsogi - A stepping slash which can change sides, and safely punish attacks.
- Yashagatana - A fireball which travels low to the ground.
If you are learning Baiken for the first time, please refer to the Baiken Handbook. In this document, you will find the Baiken for Beginners section, as well as deeper insights into her mechanics.
In addition, the Baiken Discord Server is publicly open. Please feel free to join, browse the additional information within, and ask questions.
Dead Angle Attack
|Dead Angle Attack|
236K (Air OK)
S+H or 4S+H for Standing
2S+H or 1S+H for Crouching
j.S+H or j.4S+H for Air
P after successful ground Azami catch or during Suzuran
K after successful Ground Azami catch or during Suzuran
S after successful ground Azami catch or during Suzuran
H after successful ground Azami catch or during Suzuran
D After Successful Ground Azami Catch or Suzuran
P or K After Successful Air Azami Catch
S or H After Successful Air Azami Catch
Kabari > P
Kabari > S
Kabari > H
236236H after a successful Ground or Air Azami catch or during Suzuran
During IK Mode: 236236H
|To edit frame data, edit values in GGXRD-R2/Baiken/Data. Be sure to update both the |