|Combo Notation Guide|
Zato combos only
Zato's combos when he gets a hit by himself is to combo into an knockdown. The main ways to do this are ending combos with a 2d or a 22h. Here are some usual moves you will hit with, and the ways you can get your knock down off of them.
1. 5p 5k 5s 2d
2. 5p 2p 2d
3. 5p 2d
4. 5k 5s 2d
5. 6k (no tech) 5p 5d
1. 5s 5h 22h
2. 2k 2s 5h 22h
3. 6p 5h 22h
Air combos: Unless you have 50 meter you not usually getting a knockdown off of an air hit unless it is a CH. There are some air combos that Zato has.
1. 6p jkhd - Normal combo. Does decent damage and knocks them full screen. Can get the shadow out after this combo.
2. 6p jkh j236236s - Air combo that ends in corner knockdown. Cost 50 meter but is great for starting corner oki and turning the tide in you favor quickly.
Punish combos: If your opponent does something that you can punish then let them have it.
1. 5s 5h 22h - Basic punish midscreen. Leads to knockdown and great damage for Zato meter less.
2. 5d jshd j41236s (2 hits) RC j41236s (last hit) 5s 5h 22h - If you land a dust with no Eddie meter in the corner you can do this combo and have him by the end of it for mix ups.
3. 5d jhd 5s 5h 22s RC j41236s (last hit) 236k jp(wiff) airdash jsh -p- j41236s (one hit then -s- then second hit) -d- 5h(2 hits) 22h unblockable - What you should do if you hit them with 5d punish in the corner with Eddie meter coming back. Can lead to big damage along with setups.
4. 5d 6p 5h (2 hits) 236k jp(wiff) airdash jsh -p- j41236s (one hit then -s- then second hit) -d- 5h(2 hits) 22h unblockable - Use this if you hit them with Raw corner 5d and have Eddie ready to do some damage. If you have 50 meter by the end of this combo then you most likely just won the round.
Combos with Eddie
Once you hit Someone and have Eddie out you can do some serious damage. The main goal is to get the opponent to the corner and combo into 5d so you can set up an unblock able. He are some combos that can be used in situations where an unblock able is impossible, followed by unblock able combos
Nonunblock able combos
1. -k- 5p 2d 236h 22s - If you get a hit with -k- u can combo into a knockdown, unsummon, and do a drill for meaty pressure. After that you can resummon and continue doing mixups and forcing them to the corner.
2. -k- 5d 6p 5s 6p 5s 5h 22h - Use this combo if you have run out of Eddie meter right after the -k-. The combo last long enough to give most of you Eddie meter back, allowing you to go for another mixup.
3. -k- 5d 6p 2h 22s unblockable - Basic unblockable setup. Works on everyone. You must plant the Shadow -d- in the combo, but it is depending on the character and their wake up time.
4. -s- jkhd -s- jd - Combo that does good damage midscreen. Used when going for the kill.
Unblock able combos
1. jh -d- 6p jkhd jd - Basic, easy, simple, and does great damage. Use this only when you know it will kill them and you don't want to risk the harder route
2. jh -d- j41236s (last hit) 5d 6p 5s 6p 5s 5h 22h - Does lots of damage, gives knockdown, all Eddie meter back, and creates opportunity for more mixup after. This combo has different timing for each cast. Also it depends if they block it standing or crouching. It takes time to do but is worth practicing it.
3. jh -d- j41236s (2 hits) RC j41236s (last hit) 5d 6p 5h(2 hits) 236k jp(wiff) airdash jsh -p- j41236s (one hit then -s- then second hit) -d- 5h(2 hits) 22h unblockable - Best use of 50 meter for combos. This whole thing can do more than 80%. Every chance you get use this combo. It will most likely close out the round for you and get the win.