From Dustloop Wiki
- This gauge is a rough representation of how many more actions you can perform before being forced to land again. In a short description, this meter is like a gas meter for your car - every time you start up your car and start moving, your gas starts to drain. And the only way to refill your gas is to land on the ground. Landing recovery is inversely proportional to the remaining boost gauge when landing, and there is a recovery penalty for completely emptying the gauge and landing in “overheat”. In short, the lower your total amount of boost you have before you land will increase your overall landing recovery, giving players a wider opening to attack and punish you for reckless boost usage and movement. While landing in short spurts will decrease the amount of recovery you have on landing. Because of this, learning to manage this gauge is one of the first and most important things each player must learn.
- The quickest and most basic and vital type of movement. Performed by double tapping the boost button in quick succession. Holding a direction or the second boost input will lengthen the boost distance and duration. Boost dash can be used to cancel pretty much any animation in the game except burst attacks, but be ware there is a period where you can not perform another boost dash right after a boost dash.
- During a boost dash, you can steer your suit by holding a different direction. An important tool to utilize in order to control spacing. Different suits have different turning radius, so learn about how your suit performs.
- Combining the boost and hop movement to cover distance in a very boost-efficient manner. Also use it to make your landing timing hard to guess and punish.
- Moves you a short distance. The value of this movement is that it cancels homing of all attacks, melee and projectile. Adding this to your movement repertoire will greatly decrease the amount of hits you take. Mixing boost step with boost dash is a great way to stay unpredictable.
- The new mechanic introduced in this installment of the franchise, spends boost to propel yourself downward. Because of this mechanic, it’s easier to sneak in landings frequently. A boost dive also results in less landing recovery frames than natural landing. Beware of height when using Boost dive.
- Executed by pressing the dive button at the same time as the 2nd direction input of a step. This is one of the safest ways to land.
- Tapping the boost button once to gain a small amount of height.
- Step and fuwa at the same time. Another tool for controlling spacing, and also a safe form of movement.
- Direct Cancel
- Certain attacks can be directly cancelled into another attack. For example, Zeta can cancel it's main into sub without having to boost dash cancel.
- Boost Dash Cancel
- Canceling an action with boost dash to perform another action more quickly. The most common type of cancel.
- Boost Dive Cancel
- Most attacks can be cancelled into a boost dive. Exceptions are burst attacks and MA mode movement and attacks.
- Boost Step Cancel
- Melee attacks can be step cancelled and followed up with another attack. In awakening, projectile attacks that vernier can also be step cancelled.