Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[CP1.1] Valkenhayn Q&A Thread

BBCP_Header_Q&A_Thread.png

Please take a look at the FAQ here before asking any questions which may be repeated.

A few questions for people who managed to get their hands on the game earlier than others if they don't mind:

First question: I heard that the inputs are quite sensitive now in CP especially for 623 patterns. Thankfully, Valk doesn't have any move following that pattern. However, did you have any troubles considering the inputs in general with him ?

Second question: Considering that Valkenhayn's wolf mode drastically changed, did switching from CS to CP wolf mode proved to be hard or you had no troubles ?

If you're already used to it, do you consider that overall it's easier to use wolf mode now or it was better in CS ?

There are also 2 points I would like to confirm: A friend told me that brJA was much harder to do now. I didn't manage to talk to him again so I don't know if he meant that it was because he wasn't used to it OR because the wolf brakes are harder to do.

Another thing he said was that, because of the reduced hitstop, CH hitconfirms were really difficult. Your opinion about it ?

Apologies in advance my answers will be quite brief.

First question: I heard that the inputs are quite sensitive now in CP especially for 623 patterns. Thankfully, Valk doesn't have any move following that pattern. However, did you have any troubles considering the inputs in general with him?

I did not have any trouble.

Second question: Considering that Valkenhayn's wolf mode drastically changed, did switching from CS to CP wolf mode proved to be hard or you had no troubles ?

If you're already used to it, do you consider that overall it's easier to use wolf mode now or it was better in CS ?

I'm not even used to it and I am still sloppy with the movement. Getting used to wolf brake and inputting j.A is difficult, and I don't know how to do the wolf loop. w5C > 1D/2D/3D > 5C isn't working for me. I got it down once but I don't exactly remember how I did it, lol.

There are also 2 points I would like to confirm: A friend told me that brJA was much harder to do now. I didn't manage to talk to him again so I don't know if he meant that it was because he wasn't used to it OR because the wolf brakes are harder to do.

Another thing he said was that, because of the reduced hitstop, CH hitconfirms were really difficult. Your opinion about it ?

I can't answer this question because I've only been in training mode with Valk and haven't really done CH confirms.

It's definitely really strange. I didn't have any problems getting through his challenges or when practicing combos in the training room, but I'm still instinctively hitting the wrong things in matches and going flying when all I want to do is transform.

I wouldn't say I'm quite used to it yet, but I'd say that wolf mode is harder to use now, but it is overall better. He just has more options now and they had to account for that.

I'm definitely having trouble adjusting, but truthfully I don't know if it would be harder for someone to pick up this version of Valk than the previous. All I can say is it definitely is troublesome for someone who has been using Valk for awhile.

Assuming brJA is w[5/3C>5c>j.A] in which case I'm finding it more difficult to do the new input for it is w[6/3D>4C>j.A] I was able to do it within the first few attempts, but it is harder for me to do consistently currently.

From the few matches I've played I haven't really had trouble reacting to standard CHs such as 5c>236c and 3c>dash>2b, although the latter (3c) is a bit harder to do now and it's a shame that 5b(ch)>6c doesn't work anymore.

...and I don't know how to do the wolf loop. w5C > 1D/2D/3D > 5C isn't working for me.

Pretty sure you have to get rid of landing recovery on 1D/2D/3D by using the brake. For example: w[5C>1DC>5C]

Not 100% positive though caus I haven't tried to learn it yet. EDIT: Yeah, I was able to get it to work that way. Just read the other thread. Get both with one input? Sounds awesome. Gotta try. :D

1. Pretty sure it's w[6D > 1C/4C/7C > j.A] now. It needs to be done quickly.

For reference: In Extend it was w[5C > 5C > j.A].

2. He did 236A > 7C then used the wolf break after which he transformed out of wolf mode with j.D, so in CP it would be 236A > 7D > w[1C/4C/7C] > j.D]. The notation for the break is w[1C/4C/7C].

For reference: In Extend it would be 236A > 7D > w[5C > j.D].

For reference: In Extend it was w[5C > 5C > j.A].

2. He did 236A > 7C then used the wolf break after which he transformed out of wolf mode with j.D, so in CP it would be 236A > 7D > w[1C/4C/7C] > j.D]. The notation for the break is is w[1C/4C/7C].

For reference: In Extend it would be 236A > 7D > w[5C > j.D].

Draize you're a life saver!!!!!!!! If I was a woman I'd kiss ya! Thanks for the help!!

I do w[1D > 1C > j.A], I find it easier. Input should be 1DCA.

Was wondering if that would work. Then I guess that w[4D > 4C > j.A] and w[7D > 7C > j.A] should also work?

I have a feeling that this is going to come down to personal preference at the end of the day.

I already looked in the Combo thread, but since all of Valk's old BnB's are basically GONE, can anyone give me a simple-as-possible combo to practice how his new wolf form combos work?

Midscreen: w[j.A/5A > 5B > 5C > 6D > j.A > 5D] > 5B > 5C > hj.B > j.A > j.B > dj.B > j.C] i

Corner: [j.A/5A > 5B > 5C > 6D > j.A > 5D] > 5B > 236A > 2C > j.214B (or tk.214B) > 6C > 3C

These are the staple bnbs which give you an idea of how is new wolf combos work. If you're using a stronger confirm, you can do something like this in the corner:

w[j.C > 5B > 5C > 6D > j.A > 5D] > 5B > 2C > 6C > 2C > 6B > 2C > 236A > 5B > 2C > j.B > dj.B > j.C

If you get w5B instead, you press 5D way too fast. Try to delay it a bit. You have to press 5D exactly when the wolf lands.

I've had more success pressing 5DB (sliding your finger from D to B) after j.A, maybe that'll help you Pegs.

j.A > 5B > 5C > 6D > j.A > 5D > h[5B > 236A > 2C > tk.214B > 6C > 3C > 236B]

Can anyone confirm if that Wolf Combo still works? I can't get the 2C to land after 236A

j.A > 5B > 5C > 6D > j.A > 5D > h[5B > 236A > 2C > tk.214B > 6C > 3C > 236B]

Can anyone confirm if that Wolf Combo still works? I can't get the 2C to land after 236A

That works in the corner, yes.

Since we lost 6B > 3C gatling, what is supposed to be a good followup to blocked 6B now? Do we just have to 5B > whatever? Or is transform the best option?

And, uh...is w.B basically just combo filler now? Or does it still function as his second best anti-air after 2C?

Kiba, thanks for the combo practice tips.

(Midscreen: w[j.A/5A > 5B > 5C > 6D > j.A > 5D] > 5B > 5C > hj.B > j.A > j.B > dj.B > j.C])

I see people looping his w[6D > j.A > j.B > C] or so sometimes, is that just for corner carry and not a BnB?

3C was never a particularly good follow-up to a blocked 6B. You can still do 6B > 2B > 5B > 3C.

w[5B] is still his best anti-air in my opinion.