Launcher is a ranged pressure character with many linear, slow-traveling projectiles.
While her combo damage is one of the lowest in the game, Launcher can stack on white health damage that she can potentially strip away with one well timed MP Skill. Due to the game's Dodge system mechanic allowing opponents to circumvent Launcher's majority projectile-property attacks, Launcher's true offense lies in attempting to Frame TrapAn offensive technique where the attacker leaves a small opening in their offense, goading the defender into performing an attack. This opening is designed such that the attacker can easily counter the defender's attack with his own. at close range once she has pushed the opponent to the corner. By spacing herself out a short distance with the opponent's back to the wall, Launcher can intercept an opponent trying to Dodge or Reversal the inherent gaps in her chains but still be close enough to confirm into her few real combos.On defense, Launcher struggles hard against the majority of the cast due to her fastest normal being 10F and her 2M being very small. Worst of all, she has few to no reliable means to contest jump-ins as her anti airs have slow startup and poor trajectories, and her air-to-airs offer little reward. Thankfully, her Guard Cancel has above average horizontal range, making it hard for opponents to bait it.
|Lore:||An Empyrean soldier tasked with obliterating enemy forces by using heavy firearms.
As high muscle mass was required to become a Launcher, it was considered to be an occupation not fit for females.
|Launcher is classified as a Ranged type. She has a variety of ranged and multi-hit attacks. She can pressure opponents by using moves with delayed hits.|
Awakening Effect: activates when entering Awakening mode at 30% HP or less.Doubles amount of White Damage inflicted when an attack is guarded against.
One of the longer reaching 10 Frame buttons, but with Launcher aiming at the ground, it comes with an awkward low-height hitbox which is very easily jumped. This is the cornerstone of Launcher pressure as it has the most cancel options out of any of her normals. It has good frame advantage, allowing her to stagger multiple shots to get optimal spacing and steal turns with proper conditioning.
5A‘S partner with much better space coverage. Being able to chain from 5A on whiff makes it dangerous to challenge with a whiff punish. With two very active shots spaced apart, it provides enough time to hit confirm into 4S or extended pressure on block. However, the only true blockstrings in Launcher's possession are 5AA > 5B and 5AA > 4S; anything else has unsafe gaps. Launcher needs to anticipate any opponents dodging or challenging whatever comes after 5AA, gain ideal spacing and delay her shots accordingly.
- Chains from 5A on hit, block, and whiff.
- Hitbox of the final shot hits at nearly the same height as 6S, it can potentially anti-air a distant opponent, but is not much better than 5A up close.
|10x5, 20 ~ 10x13, 20||All||17||9~27||29||-13||none|
Launcher's flamethrower reaches a little further than half the screen's length. Useful to check opponents trying to run in, as well as catch them if they try acting immediately after blocking Steyr or Extruder from fullscreen. It has zero combo potential unless Launcher is close enough to use Conversion and connect with 5A.
A true blockstring from 5AA, but a slight delay can give it a 1-3 Frame gap to punish opponents trying to Dodge through it. Despite the long active frames, the total duration of the flames is only just as long as the 27F Dodge invulnerability, an opponent can Dodge right into the flames and punish Launcher if her attack fell short.
- Can be held to extend active frames.
- Considered a Projectile.
- Has a massive disjoint, leaves a deadzone directly in front of Launcher for the opponent to safely Dodge into.
- Has no Chains, this is all you get.
Much worse as a pressure tool than 5A thanks to no whiff cancel or 5AA cancel option.
- One of Launcher's two lows
- Chains into and can combo into 5S on Counter-Hit, but has larger than a four frame gap on block, leaving it vulnerable to Dodge and Reversals.
Unorthodox 2B, Launcher throws out a grenade that explodes on contact with the opponent or after a certain amount of time. This move is Launcher’s lifeline. Her opponent must respect it at all times once it’s out and it can also be plus around max 5AA range. Long animation time means it's still risky to throw out at neutral however.
After a 4S knockdown in the corner, Launcher's default position will cause the grenade to land just outside the stage, serving as a delayed threat. However, if Launcher microwalks backwards before deploying the grenade, it will instead detonate on the opponent's wakeup.
- Persists if Launcher is hit.
- Explodes after 90 frames or on contact with the opponent.
|40||All||7||3||Until landing + 5||none|
- Bounces Launcher backwards on Frame 6, instantly changing her momentum.
- The hitbox will whiff over most crouching opponents at close range, but can connect with the tip of the muzzle flash.
- Chains into j.S allowing for possible follow-ups on grounded opponents, but leads to no further combos on airborne opponents.
|20xN||All||18||Until landing + 10||-22~+1||none|
Very slow and very active air button that can cut off half a block of the guard meter. Launcher will most likely lose her turn on block, as even ideal spacing can still vary between +1 and -3.
- Frame Advantage varies wildly due to projectiles hitting at an inconsistent rate between two to five frames apart.
- Massive disjoint at the end of M-137's barrel, leaving a huge deadzone between Launcher and her projectiles, and even with the projectiles and the ground.
- No benefit from a counter hit if it happens too early.
- Applies a faint backwards inertia on Launcher, slowing her forward jump, slightly pushing her back on a neutral jump, and making her cover more ground on a backwards jump.
- Launcher is +6 after a successful throw.
Using the same animation as 4S's slide, Launcher's Guard Cancel has good horizontal range, but suffers the same negative.
- A successful Guard Cancel places the opponent at the tip of Launcher's 5A, allowing for an immediate poke.
- Leaves Launcher point blank with the opponent on block compared to many other Guard Cancels which push the opponent away if even by a small distance.
5S Is a projectile property attack
Launcher’s most straight-forward projectile and a core part of her combos. Confirm into this when comboing into her MS Skills. Fires forwards in a straight line and explodes on contact. At longer distances, 5S won’t combo from 5AA but will be plus on block.
- Knocks down on hit.
- Whiffs at point blank range against crouching Striker, Inquisitor, Swift Master, Enchantress, Kunoichi and Dragon Knight
- Steyr leaves less than a three frame gap after a blocked 5AA if the opponent is on top of the barrel of the weapon. Even a slight distance beyond that and they have a four frame window with which to Dodge.
FM-31 Grenade Launcher
2S Is a projectile property attack
Not a great reactive anti-air, but a strong pre-emptive one. Very useful for stopping jumps after opponents block 5AA. The projectile travels upwards at a 45 degree angle and explodes on contact with the opponent only.
- Whiffs against crouching Berzerker, Striker, Grappler, Inquisitor, Swift Master , Enchantress, Kunoichi and Dragon Knight
6S Is a projectile property attack
Counterpart to 5S. 6S travels faster and has a higher hitbox.
- Whiffs against most crouching opponents, except for Hitman, Crusader, Lost Warrior, and sometimes Vanguard (timing dependant).
|Vanguard||✅||❌||Must time crouch|
|Ghostblade||✅||❌||Must hold 1 to crouch under|
4S Low attack. Must be guarded crouching Inflicts hard knockdown on hit
|30, 10x6, 40||Low||18||8||25||-17||none|
Launcher performs a slide into a cinematic hitgrab. This is Launcher’s primary combo ender, and chains from 5AA, but can whiff from 5AA's max range. Combos into AS and 623M, but doing so gives up oki. Alternatively, j.S can OTG to add a bit more damage without spending resources, also leaving Launcher with better frame advantage and position.
After 4S, Launcher has two setplay options. She can drop 2B for a meaty or delayed explosion, or use j.M > j.A > j.S to lock the opponent down while Quantum Bomb descends upon them. Grenade is a safer free option, but Quantum Bomb can capitalize better on an opponent pressing buttons on wakeup.
- Gives a hard knockdown on hit.
- Always punishable on block.
- One of Launcher's two lows
- The landing recovery can be cancelled into any M move.
j.S Is a projectile property attack Can hit a knocked down opponent off the ground
|25x9||All||15||44||Until Landing + 8||none|
One of Launcher's better tools to control space. Its only combo potential comes from hitting a grounded opponent, performing j.S at a low enough altitude to land and follow up with 5A.
- Freezes Launcher’s air momentum on Frame 14.
- Launcher starts to fall on Frame 42.
- Leaves standing on hit, but has a ton of hitstun.
MP Special Moves
Charge Laser Rifle
5M Is a projectile property attack
Fullscreen beam. More of a matchup-specific tool as it can stuff some opponents' fullscreen activity and snipe jumpers with good timing, but is generally too slow to use on reaction to other projectiles. It can tack on extra damage after Cannon Ball in combos away from the corner, but the damage is often not worth the MP nor opportunity cost.
- Leaves standing on ground hit.
- Applies a soft knockdown on air hit.
- Laser applies 60 White Life (120 in Awakening) damage on block.
2M or 623M Temporarily fully invincible Can hit a knocked down opponent off the ground
An extremely short range hitgrab style invincible reversal.
- Functions as an OTG after 4S, but costs MP and gives up Oki. If erasing white life is not a factor, Launcher can instead substitute j.S as an OTG finisher for free.
- Early frames do not cover the space directly above or behind Launcher, making her helpless against most jump-in crossups.
- Despite her height, the narrow hitbox is very easily baited, jumped over and out-ranged by many characters with air mobility tools.
6M or 236M Is a projectile property attack
Launcher’s main mana combo extender in the corner. Also her best anti-air, keep away tool and pressure tool. The fireball is massive and multi hitting, making it very hard to do anything but block it. On hit, there is no reason not to combo into 6S as it always provides more damage and gives a very similar knockdown.
- Pushes opponents fullscreen on hit and on block.
- Applies a soft knockdown on hit.
- Deals up to 66 White Life damage (132 in Awakening) if the opponent blocks the total seven hits.
FM-92 mk2 Lancer
4M or 214M Is a projectile property attack Can hit a knocked down opponent off the ground
This move is Lancher's main combo extender outside of the corner. The slow startup and very inconsitant reward make this move a bad anti-air.
- Whiffs against all crouching characters, except Crusader, Ghostblade, Hitman and Lost Warrior
- The first projectile explodes after 25 frames or on contact with the opponent.
- The least practical chip damage tool, a point blank shot will apply a total of 72 White Life (144 in Awakening) on block.
- The eight airburst bomblets can deal an unlikely maximum of 40 (80) white life damage on block if seven hit the opponent and one explodes on the ground.
j.M Is a projectile property attack Inflicts hard knockdown on hit Can hit a knocked down opponent off the ground
|All||124 (from button press to explosion)||7||90||none|
Launcher places a target on the ground at the opponent's location. after a delay, a missile will descend towards the target and explode on impact. Launcher recovers before she begins to fall again, allowing her to press other buttons on the way down including another j.M.
- 400 Guard Gauge damage and 80 White Life damage (160 in Awakening) on block.
- Chains from j.A if it connects, allowing Launcher to interrupt the knockback.
- Projectile remains active even if Launcher is hit, and multiple Bombs can be active at once.
- Trades in Launcher's favor if the opponent chooses to Guard Cancel
- Launcher is stuck in the air animation for 51 frames.
AS Can hit a knocked down opponent off the ground
Launcher's awakening skill. While it has very narrow range, it can hit OTG to finish opponents off after an extended combo.
- 4S sets up a safe opportunity to end things.
B-Type Color (DFO)
D-Type Color (DFO)
C-Type Color (DFO)
|To edit frame data, edit values in DNFD/Launcher/Data.|
Click [★] for character's full frame data