|This page is missing significant information. You can help by editing it.|
Lost Warrior is a slow character with highly explosive potential, scoring massively damaging combos off most hits.
His overall gameplan is primarily focused around whiff punishing with this powerful Special and MP moves, which have excellent return from almost anywhere on the screen should they connect. Thanks to his unique Mechanic, Time Stop, hitting the opponent a total of 5 times with any MP skill over the course of the match will freeze them in place, extending his already high damage combos even further, often leading into touch of death sequences from one strong starter against most of the cast.
While his damage output is extremely high, he has very little way to force the damage through against defensive opponents due to his slow movement speed and attack startups, poor frame data on block, and middling reach on his normals. His mixup options are fairly poor, as they are mostly predictable from air teleports, and he has little to no guard gauge pressure to speak of. As such, he generally relies on leveraging the threat of a Time Stop activation in order to put the opponent into a cautious situation where any stray hit from Lost Warrior could lead to death.Lost Warrior also struggles greatly on defense. He does not have an invincible reversal and his Counter is only active on frame 3. This defensive downside is further exacerbated by his fastest normal being 10 frames without having any notable reach or utility to back it up. As such, Lost Warrior players will often be forced to rely on Guard Cancel to escape pressure which harms his otherwise powerful whiff punish sequences due to its high mana cost.
|Lore:||An entity that presents hardships to the Adventurer on behalf of Plane: The Gate.
His name forgotten due to remaining in a realm where there exists no being to call for him, he wanders about with parts of his memory missing.
|Lost Warrior is classified as a Gimmicky type. Has a variety of moves that can ignore distance. Has a variety of moves to switch sides with the opponent. Has strong lockdown through Time Stop.|
Awakening Effect: activates when entering Awakening mode at 30% HP or less.
Enhances MP Skill moves and the effect of Time Stop:Every time Engraved Time is inflicted, the opponent will freeze momentarily and the duration of Time Stop will be extended.
Lost Warrior's fastest button which will make it his go to tool when trying to challenge. However due to its slow startup and poor range it is a weak AbareAn attack during the opponent's pressure, intended to interrupt it. tool as a whole.
- Useful for starting 5AA pressure
At 0 on block with multiple follow up options, 5AA is one of Lost Warrior's best pressure tools. Special cancels, delayed normal cancels, and 5S crossup can make the opponent hesitant to challenge when properly conditioned.
- Good for pressure
- 5AA > 5S will cross up if not in the corner
On the slower side in terms of average 5B’s, but has great frame advantage. Whiffs on many crouching characters outside of point-blank range.
- Despite what the animation may suggest, only hits in front of Lost Warrior
Very slow but very big 2A.
Lost Warrior slams his sword into the ground creating a shockwave. This move is one of his best pokes but can be awkward to convert into anything without using an MP Skill.
- Lost Warrior's longest reaching normal attack
- Good for extending combos
- Can be awkward as a combo starter
Lost Warrior's fastest air button making this the go to button for air to airs and jump ins.
- Can instant overhead on Crusader and Lost Warrior himself which makes this a useful mixup tool against those characters
Slow startup, small hitbox, and stalling fall speed makes this move less favorable than j.A in many situations besides combos. With conversion cancel however, this tool becomes significantly stronger by allowing for stronger mix-ups.
- Slightly stalls air momentum
- Mainly used for combos
Lost Warrior's fastest move which can make it useful to challenge with at times.
- +6 on hit
Massive vertical reach at the cost of horizontal reach.
- Uses 2S’s animation and hitboxes.
Teleports forward, cutting space to strike the opponent. Can cross over, and at a certain distance, hits the opponent from behind.
- While he visually disappears, Lost Warrior has absolutely no invulnerabilities during the animation.
- Can cancel into 4S or 6S on hit or block.
Mostly used as combo filler, as the slow 20 frame startup and short horizontal reach make it unreliable as an anti air unless used preemptively.
6S Is a projectile property attack Inflicts hard knockdown on hit
- Causes a hard knockdown on hit.
- Cannot hit airborne opponents.
Teleports forward into the air, allowing air actions while falling.
- Faster overhead option than jumping normally
- Gives a safejump after ending a combo with 2B
j.S Is a projectile property attack
Stalls air momentum on use and fires two projectiles at different angles. Recovers in the air, allowing air actions while falling.
- If the projectile travels far enough, especially on counterhit, Lost Warrior can land and link into 6S or 5M for a full combo.
Automatic after MP Skills Stacking debuff inflicted by hitting an opponent with Lost Warrior's MP skills. Triggers when an opponent reaches 5 Engraved Time stacks freezing the them in place. Duration is increased during awakening.
All of Lost Warrior's MP Skills apply one stack of Engraved Time. When reaching 5 stacks, they are automatically consumed and Time Stop is activated, freezing the opponent in place for several seconds.
- If the opponent is using a move that has Super ArmorAn attack that can absorb a single hit from the opponent (usually taking a fraction of the regular damage) before the opponent's attacks will hit you. An example of this is Potemkin's Hammerfall (6P). during Time Stop, Lost Warrior cannot kill them until Time Stop ends.
5M Can hit a knocked down opponent off the ground
A forward teleporting launch strike. At certain distances, Lost Warrior will cross over the opponent and hit them from behind. While it is primarily a combo and hit confirm tool, it can be used as a high damage anti-air with excellent reach to catch enemies jumping almost anywhere on screen.
- Jump cancellable on hit but not on block.
- After inputting jump cancel, Lost Warrior has a short window to cancel his prejump frames into any grounded MP skill, including another 5M. This allows comboing after 5M in situations he otherwise couldn't.
- Hits OTGThe act of hitting the opponent when they are knocked down. Short for "off the ground" or "on the ground.", allowing combo extensions after a hard knockdown from j.M or 6S
2M or 623M Inflicts hard knockdown on hit Counters moves that are not projectiles, throws, or lows
|160 total||All||3||19||41||50||3-?? Mid/High Strike|
A counter-type reversal option. Has no invincibility until the third frame and loses against projectiles, lows, and throws. It is useful when opponent is being too predictable with gaps, but overall Lost Warrior should rely more on blocking and Guard Counter than on this parry.
During Awakening, Lost Warrior can follow up with OTGThe act of hitting the opponent when they are knocked down. Short for "off the ground" or "on the ground." 5M for a combo, changing the counter from a low damage neutral-reset into a high damage combo starter. If the enemy has 4 Engraved Time stacks and he gets a time stop, he can combo even without Awakening.
6M or 236M Is a projectile property attack The third sword can hit knocked down opponents off the ground
Summons three swords at the opponent's location from anywhere on the screen. This attack is considered a projectile and can also OTG with the third hit.
- Lost Warrior's only plus on block move
- Can be used preemptively to catch jumps or rolls from full screen, and even combos into 5M on air hit.
4M or 214M Can hit a knocked down opponent off the ground
Teleports directly above the opponent's head and descends with a strike. Ground bounces on hit. White it is safe on block, it can be anti-aired on reaction if the enemy is expecting it.
Teleports on frame 12, only 2 frames slower than 5A's startup, making it a surprisingly effective abare option, especially with white life to use Conversion and stay plus.
- Hits OTGThe act of hitting the opponent when they are knocked down. Short for "off the ground" or "on the ground.", allowing combo follow-ups from certain hard knockdowns like max-range 6S.
- Can work as a long range anti-air, but loses to some air-to-air options.
- Can whiff against fast-moving characters' forward runs.
j.M Inflicts hard knockdown on hit
Airborne hitgrab that forces a hard knockdown. Usually used to extend combos or secure a knockdown advantage.
- Despite appearances, it hits mid.
- Stalls air momentum, allowing double overheads with j.A > j.M > j.A
- IASInstant Air Special
Conceptually includes Tiger KneePerforming a special as soon as possible after becoming airborne. Usually, but not always, involves an input trick.
For Example: 2369S for a j.236S input. j.M will hit grounded opponents, giving Lost Warrior a good combo if he reads a throw or baits a throw tech.
A combo finisher that, alongside his Awakening passive, gives Lost Warrior access to obscene damage and practical ToDs. Outside of combos, it's completely useless.
|To edit frame data, edit values in DNFD/Lost Warrior/Data.|
Click [★] for character's full frame data