|"Do you not realize your own frailty?"|
|Lore:||One of the Astrals who invaded the Sky Realm thousands of years ago, long before the War broke out. He was sealed away in Pandemonium until the fallen angel Belial released him from his forced slumber. Obsessed with becoming the supreme being, he wields a substance capable of slaying immortals—chaos matter. And at his beck and call is Avatar, the manifestation of destruction. Sky Realm, Astral Realm, Crimson Horizon—his hands will mold these realms into one so that he may stand above all in creation.|
|Voice:||English: Adin Rudd/Japanese: Katsuyuki Konishi|
|Beelzebub is a versatile hybrid zoning/pressure-based character who forces mistakes out of the opponent with his special attacks and unique movement.|
- Average c.L, good for pressure.
Very solid jab, plus on block, combos into itself, 2L, and also c.M on crouchers. c.L > walk throw and c.L > walk c.L are strong options on block.
- Very short reach horizontally and vertically.
Better starter with higher rewards than c.L but with worse frame advantage, being exactly 0 on block. Combos into c.L on crouchers, and on counterhit will combo into itself and 2M for conversions.
- One of Bubs' best combo starters.
- High damage juggle filler.
Mostly used for punishes and combos. Decent frame advantage but worse than c.L or even c.M. Have to delay a button or cancel for each of c.H's 3 hits to connect.
- If delayed, can frame trap from c.L.
- Moves you forward a good bit allowing for better combo options usually.
- Only -2 while other xxs are -3.
- xx(2) > 214M is a frame trap with high reward in the corner.
It's an autocombo. c.xx is notable for being one frame better on block than average, but other than that it's pretty standard.
- Bubs' only light normal that combos into 214L and SBA.
Has trouble reaching crouchers, making it a bad poke overall. Best used after confirming a hit with 2L , 2L , f.L or to punish certain spacings on moves such as Narmaya's Kyokasuigetsu+ on block.
- Fast startup for its range.
- Pretty much as good as it looks.
Solid poke from further ranges. Always combos into 214H. Combos into 214L if you're close enough and at any range on crouchers.
- Good long-range anti-air.
- Very good reward on counter hit thanks to 22H.
- Susceptible to being whiff punished.
Slow startup and somewhat short hitbox against grounded opponents make it a bad poke and whiff punish tool. Has 3 points it can hit. point blank 10 frame startup, midrange 12 frame startup, and the most common range it will be hit or blocked will be 14 frame startup. because of this more often than not it will be -12 on block and -8 on hit
- Decent reach for a 2L.
- Strong pressure and confirm tool.
2L > 2L, 2L > c.L and 2L > 2M are frame traps. 2L > 2M and 2L > c.M combo on crouchers, making it a good confirm if you're not in range for c.L anymore.
- Great range for the startup.
- Lots of active frames and disjointed towards the later parts of the move.
Great poke, but slightly lower range than f.M. Ending a blockstring with 2M leaves you safe and in a good position to special cancel. Always combos into 214H. Combos into 214L if you're close enough and at any range on crouchers.
- Hits in the back too.
- Incredible vertical reach but poor horizontal reach, the latter being better covered by f.H.
Bubs' primary anti-air with a massive hitbox, combos into 22L/H on counter hit, and without counter hit at very low heights. Used to combo into 22L/H during ideally far-distance corner juggles.
Decent sweep, able to be spaced well. Hard knockdown on hit, and can confirm into 214L/H and 236H.
- Sets up for a safejump: on a grounded opponent 2U > regular jump forward + button/ during juggles 2U > super jump forward + button.
- Sets up for 5U okizeme. 5U , 2L is a teleport in plus a safe meaty in the corner.
- Active until landing.
- Useful during air-to-air scrambles.
- Shrinks Bubs' hurtbox pretty well.
- Does not cross up.
Very good horizontal reach and active frames, making it your go-to air-to-air poke.
- 3-hit air normal. Once a hit has been blocked, the remaining hits can be blocked low.
- Better than j.M as a long range jump-in.
Easy to confirm into j.214H thanks to the multi hit.
- Competent as an air-to-air sometimes, but less horizontal reach than j.M/H.
By far Bubs' best jump-in. Amazing vertical reach and active frames, making it extremely hard to anti-air. Won't be plus if used at the very crest of its range, requiring a cancel into j.214x to keep being plus.
- Invul starts at frame 12 and ends on frame 25.
- Cornerstone of Beelzebub's setup okizeme. See Strategy/Okizeme for specfics.
Bubs does a teleport forwards. The distance travelled is fixed, but it's fast enough to be plus after landing a throw or an EX move. A good escape tool out of the corner when properly spaced. Can be punished when reappearing by 5L auto-combo if opponent is at its travelled distance.
You can run after both throws and meaty the opponent with a 2L.
- Forward Throw
Forward throw > 5U , 2L leaves you at an advantage right next to the opponent with an additional safe meaty at the cost of a sideswitch. Forward throw also leads into a safejump with regular jump + button in the corner.
- Back Throw
Back throw has less frame advantage than forward throw so you can't safejump after that one. Can still use 5U to close the distance, but you won't have time for the safe meaty.
Fast air-to-air leading to a very solid knockdown which lets you dash in and meaty. Go-to option when opponent aims to superjump past 22H.
- Dodges low hitboxes very well.
- Good reach.
- Positive if blocked late enough into the active frames.
One of the better universal overheads. Extremely high reward on counter hit with c.H. Also useful to counter hit opponents anticipating a throw thanks to its airborne property. You can even combo into it after 22H, or whiff it after a 22L for a mixup.
Beelzebub's projectile. All versions can be charged and made plus, making it a cornerstone in Bubs' ground pressure game. Having access to plus frames at a distance also helps his poking game, as he can continue pressure with f.M and f.H while fishing for counterhits.
- Fires 1 feather.
- Can be charged to make it hit twice and be +3 on block.
- Fires 7 feathers stacked vertically dealing 2 hits.
- Can partially charge for 3 hits and fully charge for 5 hits.
- Fires 1 feather dealing 1 hit then 7 feathers stacked vertically dealing 2 hits.
- Can partially charge for 5 hits, and fully charge for 8 hits.
- Sets up for 5U okizeme: f.L (whiff) , 5U.
Bubs' invincible reversal. Hits all around him but doesn't have much horizontal range in front of him. Has poor speed, smaller hitbox than visual, and very punishable. The field can hit opponents jumping over him, and if it does, it can throw the opponent over and in front of him.
- Fastest non-EX version.
- Delayed, which has its own upsides and downsides. Can catch a few setups and option selects.
- As fast as the L version.
Air unblockable, which makes it a guaranteed anti-air depending on the opponent's character. Can lead to a corner safejump if you hit the opponent high enough with it. Safer option for dealing with low, horizontal air approaches such as Metera's Zephyr and Charlotta's Noble Strategy as opposed to 2H.
Bubs' combo filler special and safe neutral option. Good to space with and provides a knockdown anywhere. Susceptible to being jumped over.
- Hits mid.
- Basic combo ender.
- Slightly disjointed, making it incredible for poking in neutral.
Hits in front of Bubs, great for ending combos and controlling space. Chips a surprising amount of health and a good pressure ender since it is safe. Can be rolled through if the opponent is far enough. If Bubs performs 5U after and they backtech or don't tech you are plus.
- Hits low.
- Wall bounces on counterhit.
A frame trap to be respected thanks to its wallbounce. Safe on block. Start throwing this out if your opponent is rolling through 214L.
- Fastest version.
- Hits low at first, then mid.
- Wall bounces on hit.
- Sets up for 5U okizeme: f.L (whiff) , 5U.
Safe on block and a combo extender to boot. Bear in mind that using this will also make your divekick go into cooldown.
Pulls grounded opponents towards Bubs, and plus if spaced. Active frames also destroy projectiles, but has to be used pre-emptively because of its slow startup. Also pulls in aerial opponents in hitstun, so it's good for confirming off of 2H or far-distance wallbounces. This move goes on cooldown for non-EX and EX moves for a period of time as well even if you use the technical inputs. Has about an 5 second cooldown for regular, non-EX input and a 12 second cooldown for EX. All versions can be rolled for a heavy punish, so use sparingly in neutral. Also be aware that if the grounded opponent happens to have any hitbox active, they can hit you with it as you reel them in.
- Hits right in front of Bubs and pulls from about 1/3 of the screen.
- Has to hit a little late to be plus.
- Pulls from about 2/3 of the screen.
- Has to hit a little late to be plus.
- The delay allows it to counterhit immediate roll attempts and punish parries such as Seox's Thunderflash when used in immediate response.
- Same speed as L version and same range as the M version.
- Always plus on block.
- Causes the opponent to be in hitstun longer when in the air.
Mid-hitting, fast divekick. Cooldown is also tied to ground 214x.
- Has to be spaced to leave Bubs at advantage.
Somewhat fast but reactable, has to be blocked at knee level to be plus.
- Much slower than the L version.
- Much easier to make plus.
Mostly used to bait 2H anti-airs. Can combo off a counterhit in the corner.
- Almost always plus.
- Very fast.
Very solid neutral and combo tool used for whiff punishing, punishing fireballs and skipping neutral in general. On hit, this dive is automatically followed with a launching wing slice which can combo into 236236H for big damage in the corner. Can help push opponents into the corner from mid-field.
236236H or 236S
- Can be held for increased damage at close range. This increased damage window extends with technical input.
- Leads into okizeme in the corner.
- Can anti-air and catch a jumping opponent, in range of the super being held.
- The projectile destroys other projectiles, making it an excellent response to close to mid-range fireballs. Piercing projectiles such as Eustace's Flamek Thunder+ [hold] will destroy Black Spear however.
214214H or 214S
- Technical input does additional damage (3000 instead of 2500).
- Command grab super which happens 0 frames post super flash, meaning the opponent cannot jump it on reaction.
- Opponent is absorbed and then carried across the screen.
- Best done after safejumps and dash 2L/c.L.
- Invulnerable and can be used as a very short range reversal the opponent cannot escape post super flash.
- Can be used on your wake-up if opponent is right next to you, is risky due to an OS existing to escape it.
- Anthem can connect with close range opponents in hitstun, for example after 22H (grounded) and c.H. Does not connect with opponents in aerial hitstun.
- Anthem can hit it's full 3000 damage when performed using the skill button in Overdrive.
Super Skybound Art
236236U or 236S+U
- Summons forth pillars of thorns from the ground in a linear fashion, starting from close to Bubs and reaching until the end of the screen.
- Hits the entire height of the stage.
- Slow and can be dodged, making it a bad reversal.
- On cinematic hit, leads into okizeme. This okizeme is extended by using the technical input.
|To edit frame data, edit values in GBVS/Beelzebub/Data.|
Click [★] for character's full frame data
• HUD • Controls •
• Movement/Canceling • Offense • Defense • Gauges • Attack Attributes •
Detailed & Advanced Information
• Damage/Combo • Frame Data & System Data • Misc •
• Patch Notes •