- Ky Kiske fulfills the role of an approachable and well rounded character.
Ky performs best at midrange with a variety of useful pokes at his disposal, but he has tools at every range thanks to his Stun Edge projectiles. He uses his fast and long reaching f.S to tame opponents and threaten them with high damage counter hit combos, and rounds out his spacing game with 2S, 5HS, 2K, and 2D. From well spaced pokes, experienced Ky players can cancel into Stun Dipper to secure knockdowns from afar. Frustrated opponents that jump at him will find themselves dealing with his above-the-knees invulnerable 6P and extremely long reaching 2HS. When he finds himself further away from the opponent he can use his Stun Edge projectiles to harass them, either covering his approach or playing keep away. After securing a knockdown, Ky can safely set up okizeme using Charged Stun Edge, then apply his strong pressure game by lacing in low attacks, frame traps, throws, and pressure resets with 6HS and 6K to wear the enemy down. To turn the tide, Ky can use his exceptional Stun Dipper to slide under pokes and projectiles and score knockdowns, utilize his overhead Greed Sever to attempt to catch the opponent slacking on defense, or spend Tension to use his fully invulnerable reversal, Ride The Lightning. He is a character that can rapidly switch between keeping the opponent away and turning on the offensive. His balanced movepool has a tool for every situation, though he lacks specialization in any one role. While some are quick to assume Ky is a painfully basic character, he has many tricks and tools in his arsenal that round out his game plan.
Strengths and Weaknesses
- Strong neutral game; fast, far-reaching normals that yield knockdown and damage.
- Stun Edge projectiles are useful for zoning.
- Pressure that utilizes many lows, rewarding frame traps, and opportunities to reset pressure or safely return to neutral.
- Has a tool for every situation, including two strong anti-airs, and two reversal attacks.
- Very low barrier to entry with focus on fundamentals.
- Basic throw/frame trap focused mixup, requiring reads and conditioning to successfully break an opponent's defense consistently.
- While he has a tool for every situation, these tools are often outclassed by specialist characters.
- Has trouble securing a knockdown after air combos.