Persona 4: Arena Ultimax is the sequel to Persona 4: Arena and takes place a few days after the events of the first game. A red fog appears in town and a new tournament appears on the Midnight Channel called the "P1-Climax" that shows Mitsuru, Aigis, and Akihiko getting crucified...
In Japan, this game goes by the title "Persona 4: The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold".
The version of the game that this wiki refers to is the 1.1 version, which is the outdated Playstation 3 home console version. If you're looking for information about the most recently updated, v2.5 re-release of Persona 4 Arena Ultimax that came out in March 2022 on PC, PS4 & 5 and Nintendo Switch, you should look to the "P4U2R" page (click this hyperlinked text to go there!)
In addition to all the playable characters from Persona 4: Arena, nine new characters have been announced:
- Yukari Takeba is a zoning character that uses wind magic and arrows to quickly move around and fill the screen with arrows and wind.
- Junpei Iori uses his baseball bat to attack the opponent and level himself up scoring 'points' in his baseball meter.
- Ken Amada & Koromaru fight together as a team. Ken uses a Spear and his Persona Kala-Nemi while Koromaru supports him using a Kunai and his Persona Cerberus.
- Rise Kujikawa uses the power of music and her Persona to power up and attack the opponent.
- Tohru Adachi is a DLC character that fights with a gun and his Persona Magatsu Izanagi.
- Marie is also a DLC character that fights with weather, contents of her bag and with her Persona Kaguya.
- Margaret is also a DLC character that fights with multiple Personas.
- SHO Minazuki fights with dual swords and without a persona. This version of Sho has 3 buttons for normal attacks and a Drive-like dodge button, akin to that of BlazBlue's button input style.
- Sho MINAZUKI. This version of Sho fights with a persona named Tsukiyomi, can quickly teleport in front and behind the opponent, and has attacks that drain the opponent's health and SP.
Yukari, Junpei, Ken and Koromaru are originally from Persona 3, Rise, Adachi, Margaret, and Marie are from Persona 4/Persona 4 Golden and Sho is a new character to the series.
|Persona 4: Arena Series|
|Ver.2.00||2015-01-15||System overhaul, character balance. Rise Kujikawa, Ken Amada, Toru Adachi, Marie, and Margaret added to the arcade version roster.|
|Ver.1.10||2014-04-25||System changes, character balance. Console release based on this version.|
|Ver.1.02||2014-01-16||Training mode additions, bug fixes.|
|Ver.1.01||2013-12-19||Added training mode, bug fixes. MINAZUKI Sho added to the roster.|
|Ver.1.00||2013-11-28||Arcade release version.|
- Akihiko Sanada[★]
- Chie Satonaka[★]
- Junpei Iori[★]
- Kanji Tatsumi[★]
- Ken Amada[★]
- Mitsuru Kirijo[★]
- Naoto Shirogane[★]
- Rise Kujikawa[★]
- Shadow Labrys[★]
- SHO Minazuki[★]
- Sho MINAZUKI[★]
- Tohru Adachi[★]
- Yosuke Hanamura[★]
- Yu Narukami[★]
- Yukari Takeba[★]
- Yukiko Amagi[★]
Click [★] for character's full frame data