Yosuke Hanamura is the dedicated PixieA character with powerful movement options, short range, small hurtbox, and low health. character of Persona Ultimax. In exchange for dealing mediocre damage and having the defenses of wet tissue paper, Yosuke has unmatched mobility, excellent pressure, and a suite of useful defensive tools.
The first thing that needs to be talked about with Yosuke is his peerless mobility. He is extremely fast on both the ground and the air, having a fast run speed and numerous air options. As shown below, Yosuke has a number of unique air actions he can perform with his specials, allowing him to zip around the screen with abandon. Yosuke's opponents may find it difficult to lay their hands on him without going for riskier options. On offense, 5AA is jump-cancellable and loops into itself on pressure easily, allowing Yosuke to go for resets or threaten overheads in the corner. Yosuke also has a slow unblockableGuard:
- for opening up the hardest of turtling opponents.
Yosuke also gets excellent reward once he manages to get a hit on his opponent. Many of Yosuke's options give him hard knockdown, such as his combo-ending Mirage SlashGuard:
-15 special, or even his stellar full-body counter Furious ActionNo results. Yosuke has great okizeme options too, allowing him to continually snowball his knockdowns into further reward and somewhat offsetting his low damage. With his wide variety of neutral tools, strong offense and high mobility, Yosuke has a lot going for him.
It's important to stress that Yosuke's fragility
can be an issue. While he has more than enough tools to survive on defense, his 8500 health can limit the chances he gets to escape pressure. Persona Ultimax
can be a high-damage game if your opponent has the resources for it, so Yosuke might find himself losing a round off of one bad trade. As a result, Yosuke likes to a play a keepaway game to force his opponents to come to him, which can backfire if you make the wrong decision in neutral. If you can come to terms with that, then Yosuke will reward you with lots of consistency and a very fun kit.
Yosuke Hanamura is a speedy character that likes to dance around neutral until he can safely land a hit.
- Unmatched Speed: Yosuke is the unparalleled fastest character in the game on raw movement data alone, along with great mobility options and good frame data.
- Easy Hard Knockdown: Basically every combo ends in Mirage Slash, which gives a hard knockdown and allows for a consistent okizeme game.
- Great Neutral: Yosuke has a very good neutral game because of him being able to both play the offensive and sit back and zone, while also having simple and easy confirms into an offense from many hits.
- Status Ailments: Yosuke can inflict Panic and Poison onto his opponent via Tentarafoo and SB Flying Kunai / Ground Throw, respectively.
- Sukukaja: Yosuke's has an install super (214214C/D) that gives him numerous buffs to his offense and mobility, upping his pressure capabilities and damage in combos while also giving him access to another super.
- Amazing DP: Yosuke has probably the best counter DP in the game, due to the counter attack hitting very quickly and reliably, while also giving Yosuke knockdowns.
- Low Average Damage: While he gets plenty of knockdowns by nature of his specials, Yosuke's average combo damage is relatively low, even with resource usage.
- Low HP: Yosuke is in the lower health bracket of the game with just 8500, limiting the number of touches he can survive.