testing stuff out in my own little page, ignore this probably.
- 2SError: Table MoveData_Theclrgrey not found.and f.SError: Table MoveData_Theclrgrey not found.are your best buttons for poking.
- 5KError: Table MoveData_Theclrgrey not found.and j.PError: Table MoveData_Theclrgrey not found.are strong buttons to stop opponents from getting in your personal space.
- 2KError: Table MoveData_Theclrgrey not found.is your fastest button and goes into both c.S and 2D for combos.
- Ball SetError: Table MoveData_Theclrgrey not found.is Venom's core gimmick.
- For basic zoning, use 214S or 214K and then hit the ball with either 5PError: Table MoveData_Theclrgrey not found.or j.P.
- Use 2DError: Table MoveData_Theclrgrey not found.to punish at mid range. This is the easy path to your Okizeme.
- c.SError: Table MoveData_Theclrgrey not found.is one of your best buttons, but you have to get close to do it. It starts your good combos, goes into 2D for a low with a knockdown, and can lead into j.236SError: Table MoveData_Theclrgrey not found.or 5DError: Table MoveData_Theclrgrey not found.for an overhead.
- Dubious CurveError: Table MoveData_Theclrgrey not found.is a combo ender that gives you a better ball than ball set.*Use 6PError: Table MoveData_Theclrgrey not found.to anti-air opponents from the ground.
- Jump and press j.P for a lower risk option.
- Learn to jump forwards and Air ThrowError: Table MoveData_Theclrgrey not found.. It can be hard, but it's very important for this character.
You want to hit them with c.S
(starter) > c.S— An easy combo that gives you a lightning ball for okizeme. You can end with 421P if you want ball oki.Error: Table MoveData_Theclrgrey not found.(3) > 6KError: Table MoveData_Theclrgrey not found.> 421K~D
throw > c.S(1) > 6K > 421K~D— basic throw combo
2K > 2D > 214X— If you are too far away to land all 3 hits of c.S, use this instead. Cancel 2D into your favorite ball set.
Basic Combo from Throw
- j.KError: Table MoveData_Theclrgrey not found., j.SError: Table MoveData_Theclrgrey not found., j.HError: Table MoveData_Theclrgrey not found., and j.236S — These are your standard overheads. When used properly, they should leave you within range for c.S on hit so you can start your combo. If you're ever too far, just go with 2D instead.
- Throw — always a good option for Venom once the opponent starts respecting your balls.*You should probably use meter to do Dark AngelGuardAllStartup7+18Recovery10Advantage- after knocking the opponent down.
- Try to keep 50% tension available for Dead AngleError: Table MoveData_Theclrgrey not found.on defense. It can save your life.
- Red Roman Cancel can be used for half a bar of Tension if you make a mistake during a blockstring. It can help keep you safe.
Make them block a ball. Use the advantage from that ball to hit them with a mixup.Do a tiny dash and jump. On the way up, hit the ball with j.K. The ball will hit the opponent as they get up. Next Pick if you want to hit overhead or low.
- Overhead — Before you reach the ground, air dash at the opponent and hit them with air buttons. j.K > j.S is the easiest to get started with.
- Low — Let Venom land and then press 2K.
If they block this initial mixup, you should still be in range to use either 2K or c.S. If they block c.S then you can jump cancel it and do j.236S for another overhead, or press 2D for a low.
- Low — press 2K.
- Throw — wait just a moment for the ball's blockstun to end, and then throw them.
- Overhead — jump and do j.236S as quickly as you can.
If the opponent blocks your 2K you should still be in range for c.S. From c.S you can jump cancel into j.236S for an overhead, or press 2D for a low.
Round Start Matrix Option Faust's Round Start 2P 5K 6P j.2K 5K Countered Trade Punished Counters 2K Counters Neutral (+2) Counters Whiff Punished 2D Countered Counters Counters Countered
Very advantageous round start as Jack-O's 2K's speed, range, and low profile frames make it incredibly difficult to stop or punish, especially by Faust. Faust has no normals he can immediately press that outright beat Jack-O
2K, all of them either getting hit during their start up or just missing, usually leaving Jack-O' plus thanks to 2K's fast recovery. The only thing Faust can reliably do that beats 2K is jump in the air and immediately j.2K to punish 2K's recovery, which has incredibly low reward. Faust's j.2K inputted immediately after jumping is barely plus. If Faust attempts to cancel in Love or Mix Mix Mix, Jack-O will recover in enough time that she can successfully 6P either follow up. Not canceling j.2K and just landing isn't much better, only leaving Faust +2. Faust's strongest way of punishing Jack-O 2K is by manually timing a whiff punish, which is easier said then done. Jack-O' low profile state lasts right up till the end of her recovery, meaning any good high poke Faust has (5KGuardAllStartup7Recovery8Advantage-2, f.SGuardAllStartup12Recovery20Advantage-8, 5HGuardAllStartup13Recovery18Advantage-7) is already unusable. Faust's best whiff punish is standing still, letting Jack-O's 2K whiff, and then punishing with 2K > 2D before her foot retracts. The most reliable easiest whiff punish Faust has is 2P, which leads to nothing, and is 0 on hit. Do 2K until Faust stops playing round start.
In case Faust decides that he's okay with the low reward of divekick, you can easily call him out with Jack-O's 5K.
5K > dc > (delay) c.S > 2H > 236P > 5K > dc > c.S > 2H > 236[P] > Dash > Forward Jump > j.hs.6X > j.S
This combo has does 139 damage and builds a solid chunk of meter all while taking Faust to the corner. Once cornered it's going to be very easy to build up the final bit of meter you'll need for Cheer HGuard-Startup3RecoveryTotal 15AdvantageSee Notes, and from there Faust is going to be really wishing he didn't divekick.
There's a slight delay before doing c.S. If you're too early you'll do f.S instead, too late Faust will fall down too much and the 236P > 5K link will no longer be possible. You just have to eyeball the timing but the window is pretty big.
At the point Faust is either blocking or trying to whiff punish you round start, begin representing 2D to call him out on any attempts to stand still and let you whiff. Faust's ability to crawl would be useful in this scenario as he is the sole character that can move backwards for whiff punishes while blocking any surprise lows, if not for the fact that if the Faust down backs at round start then proximity guard activates on Jack-O 2K in spite of the fact it whiffs if he just crouches normally. From here rotate your options as needed, just make sure to start with 2K.